3.50 star(s) 13 Votes

GrimCreeper3

Oct 21, 2017
You reminded me to post the latest news. Thanks for the reminder. :LOL:

Small News / About AO v0.4.7a/b
Hello everyone.

The coronavirus, though not directly, has had a negative impact on our plans to release new updates. In this difficult time, like many of you, we need something to eat/drink/pay bills, no matter how banal it sounds, and we are tight with money, but we do not despair and continue to work on our games!
I don't have time to render everything that was planned for AO v0.4.7. On average, it takes me 2 hours to create 1 render, and this is not counting the time to build the scene. NETRO is already ready to beat me with sticks for taking a long time with the new update...

Therefore, we decided not to delay the release, but to divide the version into several parts.

AO v0.4.7a will be released in May.

Most likely, somewhere in the middle or near the end of the month.

We will release the remaining part (AO v0.4.7b) later, but we will try not to delay it.

P.S. for Patrons:

Against the backdrop of the raging coronavirus in the world and the growing economic crisis, you still found an opportunity to support us - we really appreciate it! Thanks to you and your support, we have already raised the necessary amount of money for the translation of the final part of the text for AO v0.4.7b.

I sincerely thank you all!

Regards,

MANTIX
I really don't get how these devs are using the corona excuse to not work on games, the only thing that the corona impacts is that you cant go out side for fun. You can only go to work and food shopping, so I don't get how corona is impacting these from sitting at the computer. Fair enough if some of these devs had jobs and had been layed off from it, but at this point these devs are using any excuse to have breaks or just don't want to work on the games that they beg people to pledge to because they work hard on them.

byskup

Apr 26, 2017
I really don't get how these devs are using the corona excuse to not work on games, the only thing that the corona impacts is that you cant go out side for fun. You can only go to work and food shopping, so I don't get how corona is impacting these from sitting at the computer. Fair enough if some of these devs had jobs and had been layed off from it, but at this point these devs are using any excuse to have breaks or just don't want to work on the games that they beg people to pledge to because they work hard on them.
exactly :D I work in IT and now I even have more free time than ever :D I think we have new pandemic among devs - milking, excuses and slacking. And this has spread in last few months really fast

Reactions: Kermit79

GrimCreeper3

Oct 21, 2017
exactly :D I work in IT and now I even have more free time than ever :D I think we have new pandemic among devs - milking, excuses and slacking. And this has spread in last few months really fast
Since the start of 2019 around February I started to notice devs slacking and them saying they don't have time to be at the computer rendering, because of there real job. And now that the pandemic has come, that makes people stay indoors which gives them more time at home. They are now saying that the pandemic is effecting them from going on there computer, which is a next level of stupidity more than the people going out in the mist of the pandemic. I just get why devs dont say they want to take the week off from rendering.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Since the start of 2019 around February I started to notice devs slacking and them saying they don't have time to be at the computer rendering, because of there real job. And now that the pandemic has come, that makes people stay indoors which gives them more time at home. They are now saying that the pandemic is effecting them from going on there computer, which is a next level of stupidity more than the people going out in the mist of the pandemic. I just get why devs dont say they want to take the week off from rendering.
There are a lot of assumptions being made here. Not everyone is just "sitting at the computer". You don't know what developers do for their day jobs, unless they've specifically said. Health workers still have to go to work, and many are overworked. Police, fire, and other emergency services all continue to work. Restaurants and grocers still work. Even some places like car maintenance stay open, since they work on the vehicles of the police, fire, and other departments.

Because so many other businesses are either shut down or limited to working from home, those who continue to go in to work are often forced into much longer hours. I personally have several friends / acquaintances who are busier than ever. I have no idea what these developers do for a living, but neither do any of you. I get being frustrated over having to wait for a release, but you shouldn't make these kinds of assumptions because things are different for your situation.

On top of all of this, many people have severe reactions to COVID-19. Just because they are at home doesn't mean they are able to sit up at their computers working on renders all day. If you are having trouble breathing, you have a serious headache, or your body aches all over, it's likely you're not thinking of rendering. Any creativity you might have otherwise had is most likely hindered.

To be clear, I'm not trying to make excuses for the development of this game. I'm not on this project and have no idea what's going on. I'm only saying that you're making assumptions based on no information to back them up. "For me it works like this" is a very bad tool to use for measuring the performance or situations of others.

byskup

Apr 26, 2017
There are a lot of assumptions being made here. Not everyone is just "sitting at the computer". You don't know what developers do for their day jobs, unless they've specifically said. Health workers still have to go to work, and many are overworked. Police, fire, and other emergency services all continue to work. Restaurants and grocers still work. Even some places like car maintenance stay open, since they work on the vehicles of the police, fire, and other departments.

Because so many other businesses are either shut down or limited to working from home, those who continue to go in to work are often forced into much longer hours. I personally have several friends / acquaintances who are busier than ever. I have no idea what these developers do for a living, but neither do any of you. I get being frustrated over having to wait for a release, but you shouldn't make these kinds of assumptions because things are different for your situation.

On top of all of this, many people have severe reactions to COVID-19. Just because they are at home doesn't mean they are able to sit up at their computers working on renders all day. If you are having trouble breathing, you have a serious headache, or your body aches all over, it's likely you're not thinking of rendering. Any creativity you might have otherwise had is most likely hindered.

To be clear, I'm not trying to make excuses for the development of this game. I'm not on this project and have no idea what's going on. I'm only saying that you're making assumptions based on no information to back them up. "For me it works like this" is a very bad tool to use for measuring the performance or situations of others.
I didnt assumed what is their day jobs. That is just part of your imagination. I just pointed out that most of the devs are slacking past few months (see I didnt even specify which months) - and that is true. And also I gave an example from my own life that I have more free time than ever because I dont need to commute to the office etc. Devs slacking - look at ICSTOR, GD, Oceanlab etc.
I havent even mentioned that COVID is being used as excuse.

So please dont quote me unless you want to state hard arguments against my comment. Thanks.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I didnt assumed what is their day jobs. That is just part of your imagination. I just pointed out that most of the devs are slacking past few months (see I didnt even specify which months) - and that is true. And also I gave an example from my own life that I have more free time than ever because I dont need to commute to the office etc. Devs slacking - look at ICSTOR, GD, Oceanlab etc.
I havent even mentioned that COVID is being used as excuse.
If you didn't do any of this, then why are you assuming my comment is meant to apply to you? I was addressing anyone assuming this dev in particular is just making excuses, which is what GrimCreeper implied (not stated, but implied). If you weren't suggesting this, then my post wasn't about what you said.
So please dont quote me unless you want to state hard arguments against my comment. Thanks.
I quoted your post only because it was part of a three-post thread on the topic before my own (your reply happened to be in the middle). I include responses when I feel they are relevant to a topic I'm discussing. It doesn't mean I'm trying to refute your comment specifically. I'm sorry if you misunderstood, but I will continue to quote this way in the future as well. You don't need to respond if it doesn't apply to you.

byskup

Apr 26, 2017
If you didn't do any of this, then why are you assuming my comment is meant to apply to you? I was addressing anyone assuming this dev in particular is just making excuses, which is what GrimCreeper implied (not stated, but implied). If you weren't suggesting this, then my post wasn't about what you said.

I quoted your post only because it was part of a three-post thread on the topic before my own (your reply happened to be in the middle). I include responses when I feel they are relevant to a topic I'm discussing. It doesn't mean I'm trying to refute your comment specifically. I'm sorry if you misunderstood, but I will continue to quote this way in the future as well. You don't need to respond if it doesn't apply to you.
Then you should not reply at all if you cant be specific. Arguments are about facts and not about if you feel it's right or you are too lazy to exclude what you are not replying to. Learn how to argue (not fight) and not how to avoid it. This should help you also in your personal and professional life.

NETRO (C&B)

Game Developer
Nov 6, 2019
I'm on vacation in Las Vegas. I lose millions of dollars in blackjack and drink mahito. Visit patreon. You will see reality.

We would very much like to devote all our time to developing the game, but this is not possible at the moment. The money that is donated to us is spent only on the game (mainly on translation). Comparing with other developers is just stupid. We all have too different technical, material and time capabilities.

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

NETRO (C&B)

Game Developer
Nov 6, 2019
byskup said:
One update per year or per 2 years?
We of course slowly do, but why lie to the? There were three updates last year. +while Mantix was in the hospital, I did C&B (it turned out badly, but at the moment, this is the maximum that my computer can do). This year, this will be the first update, but we will definitely speed up. Especially if you support us with at least a kind word, and not a false or snide comment.

3.50 star(s) 13 Votes