Autodesk Maya Creators Lounge: Discord Server for 3D Art and Animation

NebulaZen

Oct 20, 2023
Setting Up a New Discord Server for 3D Animation, NSFW Animation, and More with Autodesk Maya

Hey everyone,

I’m in the process of setting up a Discord server focused on 3D animation, including NSFW content, posing, and all aspects of the 3D universe, with a primary tool beeing Autodesk Maya. The goal is to create a space where we can exchange ideas and tips. Sure, NSFW content is part of the mix, but the main aim is to have a platform where we can all learn from each other and share what we know. I feel like there’s a lot of gate-keeping in the 3D community, and it’s hard to find resources compared to Blender or similar programs. I want to help change that and offer a place where we can dive into Maya together.

Why Maya?
A lot of artists, whether they’re just starting out or are seasoned pros, stick with Maya and don’t want to switch to Blender just because there’s more info available for it. Maya is a powerful tool with a lot to offer. And let’s face it, NSFW content is a big part of the internet and gaming worlds—it’s a valid area of interest even if it’s not talked about as much in professional circles.

What’s the Plan?
I want this server to be a place where people can share their experiences and pick up new tips and tricks. There’s so much to learn in the 3D world, and a lot of people keep their knowledge to themselves. While I get why some might be hesitant to share, I’m more than happy to pass along what I know.

Community Vibe
  • Let’s keep things respectful and not get upset if someone is better at something.
  • I just want to help more people discover what Maya can do. Blender’s accessibility is a big draw, but Maya has its own strengths.

• What I’m Searching for:
    • Moderators: Enthusiastic and reliable individuals to help manage the server.
    • Creative People: Artists and designers passionate about any form of art, whether 2D or 3D.
    • Beginners: Eager learners who want to dive into the world of art and animation.
    • Experienced 3D Artists: Skilled professionals in any 3D software who know how to get things done, regardless of the specific program.
    • Beginners: Eager learners who want to dive into the world of art and animation, and try out new things.
  • It doesn’t matter if you use Maya or another tool—if you’re good at creating 3D art and can contribute your expertise, I’d love to hear from you!

If you fit any of these roles or know someone who does, please reach out!
I’m already working on getting this Discord server up and running. If this sounds like something you’d be interested in, let me know! I’m keen to make it as helpful and professional as possible. Let’s build a community where we can all learn and grow together in the world of 3D animation, NSFW animation, and related topics with Autodesk Maya.

If you’re interested, and/or you fit any of these roles or know someone who does, please reach out to me I’m excited to build a great team and get started.

Last edited:

Shikanami

Kinky Pandas Games
Game Developer
Mar 11, 2024
How interesting! Personally, I'm thinking of getting some serious training in 3D modeling so that I can be self-sufficient for our next game, and it's true that it's quite intimidating to think of Maya instead of Blender. Blender, although very advanced and wonderful, seems more accessible for beginners than Maya, which seems to be made for pros at pros. Especially, as you said, through the resources available. So it can be a good idea to have a Discord like this!

Do you have an advanced level on Maya or are you a beginner too? Joining your discord could be interesting, although apart from learning and thanking others, it'll be hard to do anything else at first. :LOL:

Reactions: NebulaZen

NebulaZen

Oct 20, 2023
I've got experience in a lot of areas.. I am doing this for years. I'm not an expert in anything specific, but I know quite a bit about many things. I'm studying 3D-Design professionally atm and have been at it for a few years, as well as on other stuff like this.. I've done a lot but didn't become a pro at any one thing.

I'm not saying you should quit using any program. I think you can and should use multiple programs depending on what you're trying to do. The knowledge you gain transfers across different program.. it's more about understanding the topic itself, not just focusing on Maya. No one has to quit anything. I just want to help people who are learning Maya and encourage those with experience to share their knowledge.

Joining my Discord won't help unless there are active people in it. I'm working on it every day, but whether it's helpful or not depends on the community and how many people are there to contribute and support each other.

i hope that this will answer yur questions :) cheers!

Shikanami

Kinky Pandas Games
Game Developer
Mar 11, 2024
I understand you, I'm in the same situation, not in terms of 3D, but being passionate about learning, I have a lot of knowledge about a lot of software, but I'm not an "expert" on any of it. It's true that it's interesting to share as much as possible, we need more mutual help, especially at the moment.

Personally, your Discord interests me as a beginner, and if I can exchange with more experienced people and help those who need it, it would be a pleasure.