Avg Log.txt

• Thread starter Deleted member 1219915
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1219915

im using avg antivirus, and sometimes im playing game it says "the game.exe is trying to change or delete the file LOG.TXT in your protected Desktop folder.
should i block the app or allow the app?

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
It would normally only do this if you are running games from your desktop; creating a folder somewhere else should solve this problem. If you want to continue running from the desktop (not recommended) then allowing the app will help with troubleshooting should you need it for whatever game you are playing.

D

Deleted member 1219915

It would normally only do this if you are running games from your desktop; creating a folder somewhere else should solve this problem. If you want to continue running from the desktop (not recommended) then allowing the app will help with troubleshooting should you need it for whatever game you are playing.
1-so i cant make a folder on my desktop
2-why isit not recommended running the game from the desktop
3-where else should i create the folder

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

Donor
Jun 21, 2017
1-so i cant make a folder on my desktop
2-why isit not recommended running the game from the desktop
3-where else should i create the folder
1. It's not recommended to run programs from the desktop or to keep lots of files on the desktop as it can slow down the computer.
3. You can create a new folder pretty much anywhere else except for inside the Windows folders or any of the temp folders.
I would recommend you create a specific folder just for games.

D

Deleted member 1219915

1. It's not recommended to run programs from the desktop or to keep lots of files on the desktop as it can slow down the computer.
3. You can create a new folder pretty much anywhere else except for inside the Windows folders or any of the temp folders.
I would recommend you create a specific folder just for games.
so i cant make a folder at put it on desktop?
i made a folder can i put it in Downloads?

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

Donor
Jun 21, 2017
so i cant make a folder at put it on desktop?
i made a folder can i put it in Downloads?
You can put a folder on the desktop, but as it's a system folder; you could always run into problems with permissions or false alerts from your anti-virus program.
A specific games folder inside your downloads folder would solve this.