RPGM - Completed - Awakening Angel, Aerice [v1.2] [studio little-fish]

1. 2.00 star(s)

Bwy3jQYOnuAFZA1S

it's ok as a basic rpgmaker game. translation is meh, but it's mtl so no surprise. always save BEFORE every scene, sometime the game will softlock you (black screen, can't do anythingo ther than access menu, doesn't work even if you save then reload)

H Scene are fine, battle are barebone but not annoying.

Story, exist, and isn't too bad with the twist on magical girl genre (you play as the bad guy, but you are the good guy though so you don't need to lose to see the H, they are actually the reward for winning)

too bad the game is a giant corridor with wait time (seriously why have mission where you have nothing to do other than wait for battle to start ???? ). and so much time is wasted having the scene of your characters sleeping between each day ....

quickly played and probably quickly forgotten.

Also, bug exploit time, if you go to the hidden radio station (right most room and take the elvetor) on the very first time you go to the base, talk to the npc he give you 200 money, you can then keep talking to him forever and getting 200 every time (doesn't work on following days)
  2. 4.00 star(s)

Liz0

Was not sure if I wanted to give this 3 stars or 4 stars.
    Since it's at least trying to do something I decided to give this game 4 stars.

Normally in these magical girl games we play as the girl and then follows the "losing is winning" gameplay loop, aka losing battles and trying to get fucked by everything.

Well, not in this game. This time we play as the "bad guys" and try to corrupt the magical girl. The premise is interesting and has a lot of potential.

The first 3 magical girl episodes is your tutorial. After that you will go into a phase where you need to corrupt the magical girl and get money to power up your team, your monster and yourself in 20 days.

There is where I think it's wasted potential. The 3 episodes you play through is interesting, it's like you're watching some magical girl anime. But then in this 20 days phase there's almost nothing going on, it's basically a grind phase to get ready for the last battle.
    The base is also a bit too big so it can be annoying to walk around and do stuff.

Combat uses ATB (like some old Final Fantasy games), which is rare in these RPGM games, but it's still just your standard RPGM combat.
    You have 3 teammates which you can't control, they will just do their own thing while you control the MC and his monster.
    Not sure if it's original but the magical girl battle music is pretty good.

Scenes are alright, I do like the art style. MC assists the corruption in some way but it's mostly the toys and monsters doing the work. Monsters include big monster dick, tentacles, slime and dogs.

Overall it's not a bad game and it tries to do some twists in the magical girl genre. Just wished they did a bit more with this idea.