Unreal Engine - Azure Tales [v0.0.1.3a] [AzureTalesDev]

1. 4.00 star(s)

dn2sm

[v0.0.1.3a]
    Nice 3D graphics, with a bit of clipping of clothes trough character, on epic settings usually running fine, just sometimes small lag.

Has basic story, can't say the best kind but works out fine so far.

Over all, seems like Wild Life in it's early stage of life except this one is less sandbox, so far you basically follow story and thanks to that unlock some H-scenes. Can't give it 5 stars for there is just very little to do.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

rossmckvay

I'm reviewing this as a tech demo, because it's a little rought around the edges but overall I think it's going to be great! The art style is great, the lewd scenes are really well done. Have to echo other commenters that job #1 is to bind the menu key to esc instead of O. Also duing the sex scenes if you go into the menu the game gets all mixed up, just a head up. It isn't really clear where you're supposed to go a lot of the time, I'm assuming the plan is to add some sign posting or some kind of quest log? It's great to see a game like this with actual gameplay though, I'm sure it's going to clean up very well. The writings also nice and the story seems interesting too. Looking forward to seeing more!
  3. 3.00 star(s)

Victoria_

As much as I want to give 4 stars, I found some optimization problems which turned the first part of the gameplay in an horror.
    My pc is really good, yet the first time playing it inmediately crashed. Afterwards, the mouse sensibility was so high it gave me a headache, and I encountered multiple graphic errors.
    First of all, fps lowered constantly and lights and shadows blinked constantly. For some reason, having the "quality preset" at low, but every other option at "epic" makes the game run better than having quality preset and everything else at medium.
    Great idea, but for the first minutes the game was pretty much unplayable; those errors really need to be fixed.
    Other than that, I really liked all the NSFW escenes.
    The horse one is by far the best one, followed by the lesbian, and finally the trio.
    I really wish the best to the developer, and I'll definitely be following the process.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

joshndrake

I am absolutely in love with the idea but this version of the build absolutely reeks of programming shortcuts. I can't even manually save. My hope is that this will become a full fledged experience cause this shows potential. The animations so far look amazing.
  5. 4.00 star(s)

tittyfucker1

The game looks very good but as a warning you need a high end system to play this. I tried running it on my laptop (which has run other games like Wild Life and Beasts in the Sun) and even with minimal graphical and max ram reserved for the game, it wouldnt run faster than 1 fps. Otherwise characters and animations are nice and there is some story.
  6. 4.00 star(s)

pogchampione

The animations, style, sound and models are overall pretty good, but the game part is very anemic. There's very little in the way of UI or interactability or customization or anything like that. You simply slowly run around everywhere to interact with people/things and get scenes lol

Worth a try and worth keeping an eye on. The writing is also okay but the game itself seems to take a more consensual direction than the typical "krystal gets dogpiled by lizards" so that's worth noting
  7. 4.00 star(s)

jamesmay24

Needs work, but I like the current trajectory

Biggest issue for me is UI, there is no quest log, saving system, quest markers, nor crosshair on screen during gameplay. I also dislike the menu button being O, and I was unable to rebind it to ESC.

Beyond that, the cutscenes are really nice, I loved the horse one and hope the dev keeps doing proper beast animations as they seem to have good style. Not a ton of gameplay but it is an alpha after all, and the dialogue could use a quick one-over for proper English.

I look forward to future updates.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Wikifeet69

I'll admit this is a little too early to be giving a proper review, but as is for an alpha release in my opinion, the dev at least have their priorities straight, with the primary focus being on the smut content to showcase the quality that we can look forward to.

This isn't yet a proper game, it's lacking even a basic ui, not even a menu once you start a game, along with a multitude of other basic features missing from a game, but with the only other competitors to this project focusing on being a sandbox animation viewer that is barely ahead of this project in terms of "gameplay" or milking an obscene amount of money for barely any content whatsoever. This project gives a modicum of hope that the Legend of Krystal now has an unreal engine successor.

Interacting with npc's can be finicky depending on your camera angle, I recommend circling npc's until their interact icon appears. The world is bare bones and leaning more towards a walking simulator with a small dash of invisible walls.