armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Release times:
Babysitter version 0.1.9: April 2019
Babysitters version 0.0.1: April/May 2019

As it stand on his patreon site and in the latest post, first release will be Babysitter (0.1.9), then new game (Babysitters).
Well like I said it seems we will get Babysitters first.Unless thay decide to gate out whatever they have done so far in 0.1.9/probably will be not much/.I am actualy afraid that we maybe won't see the end of Babysitter.They realy shoould wrap up so far at least 1 or 2 of the paths and not starting a new one-cuckold.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Well like I said it seems we will get Babysitters first.Unless thay decide to gate out whatever they have done so far in 0.1.9/probably will be not much/.I am actualy afraid that we maybe won't see the end of Babysitter.They realy shoould wrap up so far at least 1 or 2 of the paths and not starting a new one-cuckold.
I was hoping they'd keep developing Babysitter alongside the new one but it sure sounds like there's been a fairly significant falling out between Taboo and his lead writer. So I suspect there won't be many additions to Babysitter before it wraps up. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Mohawk01

Mar 30, 2018
I just posted what he wrote on patreon, but you right something seems off with curent game, maybe he started woried about huge patreons drop out and want to release new game asap.

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
I just posted what he wrote on patreon, but you right something seems off with curent game, maybe he started woried about huge patreons drop out and want to release new game asap.
He have no choice.After all with not even half of the update done he will give us Babysitters 0.1.They anyway was thinking to release it before Babysitter is done.Simple-they probably will scrap the cuckold path/there is nothing there anyway/,will finish both NTR routes in probably 2 updates and the other 2 routes in 1 or 2 more updates.

Mohawk01

Mar 30, 2018
He have no choice.After all with not even half of the update done he will give us Babysitters 0.1.They anyway was thinking to release it before Babysitter is done.Simple-they probably will scrap the cuckold path/there is nothing there anyway/,will finish both NTR routes in probably 2 updates and the other 2 routes in 1 or 2 more updates.
I agree, also my ntr saves are broken because either way you are forced to have threesome with christine to me that doesnt make sense at all, well it was fun while it lasted.

Reactions: numanumani

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
With all due respect, this dev's decisions started making little sense to me a while ago.
This was my absolute most favourite game a year back and the first one I ever devoted my signature to. It was so promising, with such a good writing and art. Just remember that he used to make $11k on Patreon! Philly, to name another superb dev on this site, and an extremely reliable one at that, doesn't even make half that sum.
Then came all the constant delays, the absurd double NTR route (one NTR route was enough IMHO and would have allowed for more content for both NTR and non-NTR players), the polls about a new game when we were only halfway through Babysitter, finally the development of the new one, its name....

I don't know what happened between Burt and him, if there's anything besides those personal issues Burt had some time ago.
Anyway, I don't think that starting to work on a new game was a good idea. Not at all.

T4bbo

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2017
With all due respect, this dev's decisions started making little sense to me a while ago.
This was my absolute most favourite game a year back and the first one I ever devoted my signature to. It was so promising, with such a good writing and art. Just remember that he used to make $11k on Patreon! Philly, to name another superb dev on this site, and an extremely reliable one at that, doesn't even make half that sum.
Then came all the constant delays, the absurd double NTR route (one NTR route was enough IMHO and would have allowed for more content for both NTR and non-NTR players), the polls about a new game when we were only halfway through Babysitter, finally the development of the new one, its name....

I don't know what happened between Burt and him, if there's anything besides those personal issues Burt had some time ago.
Anyway, I don't think that starting to work on a new game was a good idea. Not at all.
Well actually now... it turns out it was a good idea. Burt had some personal issues first... then obviously the writers block, but despite saying it straight up and discussing it with me... he was not... he kept promising, not delivering, excusing... this repeated until we discussed things yesterday... in the meantime I was working on new game and site otherwise I would be probably tearing my hair off and doing nothing...

I agree with everything you say about Philly, he's really good and hard worker... but if I look at Palmer on the other hand... I don't understand this market sometimes.

My problem is that I can prepare outlines in bullet points what should happen and render a lot... more than he is capable to write... therefore I wanted to start working on next game and cover rendering for both games while separate writers write... my writing sucks and takes too long.

I will stop pledges this month on Patreon, so nobody is charged and I'm middle of discussing with my new female story-writer to takeover Burt's work...

I'm really sorry guys...

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Well actually now... it turns out it was a good idea. Burt had some personal issues first... then obviously the writers block, but despite saying it straight up and discussing it with me... he was not... he kept promising, not delivering, excusing... this repeated until we discussed things yesterday... in the meantime I was working on new game and site otherwise I would be probably tearing my hair off and doing nothing...

I agree with everything you say about Philly, he's really good and hard worker... but if I look at Palmer on the other hand... I don't understand this market sometimes.

My problem is that I can prepare outlines in bullet points what should happen and render a lot... more than he is capable to write... therefore I wanted to start working on next game and cover rendering for both games while separate writers write... my writing sucks and takes too long.

I will stop pledges this month on Patreon, so nobody is charged and I'm middle of discussing with my new female story-writer to takeover Burt's work...

I'm really sorry guys...
Don't worry.But you realy shouldn't promise a new route/cuckold/in Babysitter.We already have more than enough with 2 NTR/I still think at least one of them should be over until now/ and 2 non-NTR routes.

indwfind

May 21, 2017

I'm really sorry guys...
I hope the new writer is as good as Burt, because regardless of his shortcomings, the story, dialogue, basically all the writing in Babysitter is remarkable and 100% on-point, and kudos to Burt for that.

Reactions: botc76

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017

I agree that it would have made more sense to just have 1 NTR path. If it was just Robert or just Silver then both the NTR path and the vanilla path could have had more content with the same development time. Whichever of them didn't get used as the primary antagonist could still have been in the game and had some scenes, just been more minor character. Of course it's easy to be a back seat driver with 20/20 hindsight and I still love the game or I wouldn't still be modding it :)

randomnamez

Aug 1, 2018

I'm really sorry guys...
From what is happening from Site, maybe part of the unrest is due to the "silence" on the patreon, maybe a suggestion, like for example, certain previews or "what if" situations, that may or may not be in the story.
But of course, I have no idea how time consuming it is and but at least there are certain updates. After all, in a sense, when there is update on site, the news are on the two ends, either good or bad news, updates on game or delays. So that may be part of the reason people are "leaving". Enjoy the game, both ntr and normal route.

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017

I'm really sorry guys...
I'm sad to read that Burt and you are finally parting ways. He will always be commended for his superb writing skills (the disco/jacuzzi update and then the karaoke date are history of erotic VNs) but if his personal issues were affecting the development of the game that much I'm sure the change will be for the better for both of you. I hope he will feel much better in now time and be ready for a new project.

Of course take as much time as you need to have everything figured out. We've become attached to this game and just want it to have a conclusion worthy of the great story you have already presented us with. So please remember that it's your work on this Babysitter what earned you a solid fan base, not the new game.

And please, from now on remember not to set yourself too challenging release dates as I think that delays are what drives most people crazy. You just don't need to! ;)

Bahamut Zero

Engaged Member
Apr 27, 2017
This is why i say every time that NTR is the cancer of this society. Really NTR fan ask every time to much, beause they wanna always destroid everthing. The game have all the thing balanced very well, but no... they ask more and more, because the only way they are happy is to destroid every single thing in this world.

So let me understand... we have 2 no ntr story and 3 ntr story now? I really hope not! If i was you i made the thing like this:
2 no ntr story and 1 ntr. Really do not let them go into you mind. You are doing a really great work with this game. I like every single thing. The 2 no NTR story was perfect. I haven't even tried the NTR because only thinking NTR irritate me so much that i go in rage mode.

This game is awesome! Thank you to made it. I hope that the thing go well and the game continue without problem.
Thank you to let us play you game.

L0thar

Jul 24, 2017
This is why i say every time that NTR is the cancer of this society. Really NTR fan ask every time to much, beause they wanna always destroid everthing. The game have all the thing balanced very well, but no... they ask more and more, because the only way they are happy is to destroid every single thing in this world.

So let me understand... we have 2 no ntr story and 3 ntr story now? I really hope not! If i was you i made the thing like this:
2 no ntr story and 1 ntr. Really do not let them go into you mind. You are doing a really great work with this game. I like every single thing. The 2 no NTR story was perfect. I haven't even tried the NTR because only thinking NTR irritate me so much that i go in rage mode.

This game is awesome! Thank you to made it. I hope that the thing go well and the game continue without problem.
Thank you to let us play you game.
I would not express it myself better

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
A damn, damn shame with Burt on babysitter.
In the beginning all Babysitter had going were good characters and renders with a pretty conventional story (not without promise, mind you), Burt's writing brought not only a lot more erotic to the sex scenes, he also spoke directly to my romantic side for games like this, making me really care for Chris' and the MCs relationship.

That's why I'm incredibly sad to see his departure from the game.

I do however understand t4bbo, he was loosing money due to the delays, there's no doubt about it AND he is definitely one of the devs who wants to deliver and wants to tell his story, so the delays must have been a pain for him on a less monetary level as well.
I just hope that the new writer will be able to continue the writing on Burt's level. Prejudice tells us women are better suited to the more emotional stories, so let's cross our fingers that bias is true in this case.

And that the new update won't take too long as well.. :)

Damn though, really sorry to hear about Burt's problems and his departure. Such a shame.

Reactions: T4bbo
3.90 star(s) 178 Votes