khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Slightly off topic, but does anyone know what model is used for Josh (Jess's brother)? I'm planning on doing some creeper stuff for him in my mod but the only option I've come up with so far to use for him is to kind of tweak the model I'm using for MC. Would be nice to know what his real face uses.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Slightly off topic, but does anyone know what model is used for Josh (Jess's brother)? I'm planning on doing some creeper stuff for him in my mod but the only option I've come up with so far to use for him is to kind of tweak the model I'm using for MC. Would be nice to know what his real face uses.
Actually after messing around with some different options I think the default gen 3 male is close enough for Josh without any morphs so I'll just use that.

Mar 21, 2019
I hope they will finish this game before the end of the year.Otherwise there is a big chance we won't see the end at all.
Any special reason for that deadline? Or is that more of a pattern recognition thing? If it's the latter, 7 months is awfully generous. These days it takes significantly less time for a product to lose momentum and die in this kind of over-saturated market. I for example dropped my support after march passed without a single sign of life, and I have not seen a reason to change my mind so far.

SlimTony

Feb 8, 2018
Apr 28 at 10:01pm
Unlocked
Development News

View attachment 292191

Hello all,

many of you are probably interested what is the status with Babysitter and our follow up game and I have been silent on it for a while as I also didn't know how to deal with situation.

There is no great way to say this, but again there is no update this month. This is due to continued personal problems with our lead writer who has been unable to deliver over the last two months. Promises have been made on his part, deadlines have been missed, then excuses over and over again. We have discussed the issue and he is on a break for now and Babysitter scripting work is being moved on our new female story writer "Sindel" who is just finishing Episode 1 scripts for our next game Babysitters.

Now, as there will be no release this month I will be putting the Patreon billing cycle on hold so you don't have to pay anything and keep your pledge levels over into next month when we plan to release Episode 1 of Babysitters and hopefully we manage to release also version 0.1.9 of Babysitter!

I understand that everyone here is disappointed with what has gone down here, and I assure you that no one is more disappointed in this than I am. However, on bright side
"Sindel" already proved me she's hard worker and I like her writing, therefore I want to continue working on the game with her and I hope it won't harm the narration for you.

I do not want to promise dates on release of Babysitter until I am sure of where we are at, as I am still in explaining all routes and stuff to Sindel.

Thank you for your patience and continued support.

T4bbo & Team
Hoping the new writer adds more romance to the story. Day 11 date with MC was the best, especially if I have Journey playing during the last song.

bobbo69

Engaged Member
Donor
Jun 18, 2017
I'm not so sure that we'll ever get any new update for this one, I really hope I'm wrong, but it doesn't look good with the creation of a new game and all, I'm just hoping that it wont have an abandoned tag on it :(

Regardie

Jul 27, 2017
I'm not so sure that we'll ever get any new update for this one, I really hope I'm wrong, but it doesn't look good with the creation of a new game and all, I'm just hoping that it wont have an abandoned tag on it :(
This will eventually reach the finish line. It has suffered from lots of turnover in the dev team through the years, and what seemed like years on the yacht, but I believe there is an end of game and a completed tag in the future.

Reactions: botc76 and bobbo69

bobbo69

Engaged Member
Donor
Jun 18, 2017
This will eventually reach the finish line. It has suffered from lots of turnover in the dev team through the years, and what seemed like years on the yacht, but I believe there is an end of game and a completed tag in the future.
I sure hope so bro, I sure hope so
this is one of my fav games

Reactions: Eerie Entity

Lecastel

Aug 15, 2018
hahaha we cant expect babysitter to be finished,because i think theyre focus is on babysitters,two months of extended release due to the scriptwriter.im hinting babysitters will be the first to be release rather than the first one.we can expect it maybe july or august?or even december lol

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I think you have this game confused with Slonique's game "Love Thy Neighbor". His game is the one that every time it gives the player a choice between two options, one option continues the game and the other option ends in game over.
Babysitter does quite a bit of that for the first several days as well but not later on. If he quit before really trying it that's probably as far as he got. I finally got around to removing most of the game/over bad endings from the vanilla game in my mod and pointing to something else instead. Sometimes with a penalty to your friend score or something instead of the game over, other times with a separate event or just an extra chance to back off before the vanilla game over.

Reactions: botc76
3.90 star(s) 180 Votes