Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Remind me, again, why someone would continuosly support this shit? Thank God for pirate sites like this.
Well without all the behind the scenes drama and delays the dev does produce a good game, okay the yacht stuff was questionable plus I'm invested in Chris and Jess the best reason to be :p

Ron H-man

Mar 17, 2019
Well without all the behind the scenes drama and delays the dev does produce a good game, okay the yacht stuff was questionable plus I'm invested in Chris and Jess the best reason to be :p
Sure, you've already invested money into the game. Why not pay for 6 months of no updates? Silly me. Keep on, keepin' on, donor. At least someone might just motivate this dev "team" to update this shit.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Sure, you've already invested money into the game. Why not pay for 6 months of no updates? Silly me. Keep on, keepin' on, donor. At least someone might just motivate this dev "team" to update this shit.
So you're on a pirate site having a moan about it :LOL: I'd understand if you were sending money the devs way but your not if you don't like the wait move on and play something else.

changeling

Donor
Jul 5, 2017
Everyone can argue freely here, at F95. Most of the content here is not officially represented by its authors, only related. The content is free, just like the comments.

Ron H-man

Mar 17, 2019
So you're on a pirate site having a moan about it :LOL: I'd understand if you were sending money the devs way but your not if you don't like the wait move on and play something else.
Yes, I'm "having a moan about it" and I will continue until someone deletes this account. If you don't like my complaining, don't read my comments. Womp Womp.

bluehound36

Apr 27, 2017
Remind me, again, why someone would continuosly support this shit? Thank God for pirate sites like this.
Believe it or not, this dev use to make over 12k a month before engaging in this very behavior for the last year. States a deadline, claims reasons for a delay (or doesn't say any reason at all) and then waits for the very last day of the month as close to midnight as possible before releasing the update. People got tired of that happening and now most just assume the dev is doing it deliberately at this point.

Ron H-man

Mar 17, 2019
Believe it or not, this dev use to make over 12k a month before engaging in this very behavior for the last year. States a deadline, claims reasons for a delay (or doesn't say any reason at all) and then waits for the very last day of the month as close to midnight as possible before releasing the update. People got tired of that happening and now most just assume the dev is doing it deliberately at this point.
I'm well aware. I've been on here longer than this account has existed. I just think it's hilarious, or maybe even sad, that there are still people that defend the devs bullshit, just because he's put out a decent product. You see this from thread-to-thread and it's insane that these devs make that much money for literally nothing. Taboo or that former writer must have some alts on this site, because the blind support is douche-chilling.

Reactions: bluehound36

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
I'm well aware. I've been on here longer than this account has existed. I just think it's hilarious, or maybe even sad, that there are still people that defend the devs bullshit, just because he's put out a decent product. You see this from thread-to-thread and it's insane that these devs make that much money for literally nothing. Taboo or that former writer must have some alts on this site, because the blind support is douche-chilling.
They make nothing compare to EA and other big studios that release 1/2 or 1/4 game and after that give us countless DLC,season passes,loot box,now even mods are behind pay wall.

Ron H-man

Mar 17, 2019
Comparing the devs to big companies like EA is a silly argument. If you compared the size of the company/dev and the amount of their customers/patreons, it's the same damn thing.

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Comparing the devs to big companies like EA is a silly argument. If you compared the size of the company/dev and the amount of their customers/patreons, it's the same damn thing.
I am comparing mostly the whining here that devs are getting.Don't see that much on AAA games where they are realy robbing us with half games and additional content hidden behind pay wall.

Reactions: Mormont and Sartan

bluehound36

Apr 27, 2017
I just think it's hilarious, or maybe even sad, that there are still people that defend the devs bullshit, just because he's put out a decent product.
People will put up with quite a bit of ill behavior actually cause most prefer to avoid conflict of any kind until by whatever standards they have reach a breaking point even when logic says to do otherwise well before then.

You see this from thread-to-thread and it's insane that these devs make that much money for literally nothing.
On one hand, yes, there are quite a few devs that make me wonder about their work ethic and if they even have one at all. Then on the other hand, no, because there are others that are the exact opposite that struggle regardless of how much effort and hard work they put in but still turn out something that for some reason people outright ignore or disparage for minor reasons and it prevents them from gaining the support they should otherwise have. (I have a theory that it's partly due to the fact devs are jealous and using multiple different accounts on patreon and on forums like this to promote negative feedback against other devs so as to retain their patrons and prevent other devs from gaining larger support).

Taboo or that former writer must have some alts on this site, because the blind support is douche-chilling.
Not sure how often taboo checks things on here but they do have a profile actually, most devs that make these games on patreon have a profile on this forum. As far as the former writer, which one? There were two before this current one that took over. Not sure who the first was but the second writer was Burt and he was an active member of this forum. Burt was doing a fairly good job of things with the story. He even stuck it out long enough to help the current writer get up to speed with where the story was at. Taboo has established he's going to keep doing this though and I gather it's a poorly thought out strategy to try and retain patrons into each following month. All that's accomplished is a loss of half the income he was once making off this game.

Last edited:
Reactions: hameleona
3.90 star(s) 180 Votes