CowLover0

May 31, 2020
If you really want to play it with the mod for the time being, try turning off real-time protection in the Windows security settings and install it again without any problems, or you could wait a day or two for it to fix..
Don't really care about playing with it. Just wanted to alert the community about it. (mby not the right word choice, but who cares)

Spider-Ham

May 9, 2017
Hello, Bald Games , another great update, but I have some doubts about whether there are several bugs or not.

First: Before, when I was choosing the company's security system, after a few days I had a meeting with its representative (as I chose the cheapest system, a woman with Asian features came and a comical scene took place in which part of the equipment caught fire).

Now that scene doesn't appear, and when one of my colleagues comes to see me by the vending machine, he says that the system is fine, that it is neither the best nor the worst (I guess that is the dialogue that would have come out if I had chosen the middle option).

Second: After betting for the second time with the team and going to eat, the scene of blowjob under the table with Martina is activated, but in the fighting tournament I did not accept her boyfriend's proposal and, therefore, I did not met her.

Congratulations for continuing to work on the best game on this site.

Bald Games

Game Developer
Sep 21, 2016
Hello, Bald Games , another great update, but I have some doubts about whether there are several bugs or not.

First: Before, when I was choosing the company's security system, after a few days I had a meeting with its representative (as I chose the cheapest system, a woman with Asian features came and a comical scene took place in which part of the equipment caught fire).

Now that scene doesn't appear, and when one of my colleagues comes to see me by the vending machine, he says that the system is fine, that it is neither the best nor the worst (I guess that is the dialogue that would have come out if I had chosen the middle option).

Second: After betting for the second time with the team and going to eat, the scene of blowjob under the table with Martina is activated, but in the fighting tournament I did not accept her boyfriend's proposal and, therefore, I did not met her.

Congratulations for continuing to work on the best game on this site.
Hi. I'm glad you liked the update and thanks for the encouragement.

As for bugs, I checked now and didn't find anything wrong with the code in the events you mentioned.

On day 33, the game checks the same variable that it checks on day 30 to know which quote you chose on day 26. Unless you have edited this variable in some save editor or with the browser console, I don't see how it could have changed value. Value 1 is for the most expensive quote, which allows you to meet Ms. Aniston. Value 3 is the cheapest quote, which allows you to meet Ms. Akira. Value 2 is the middle quote, where you meet Mr. Johnson (you don't talk to him again on day 33).

As for Martina's event on day 32, it only happens if you fucked her on day 23. Here the game does not track variables, but if you visited Martina's scene passage on day 23. So if you didn't have the first Martina scene, she can't appear in the game on day 32.

Edit: I found the issue with the company event. I accidentally left a variable change on day 30 when playtesting. This has been in the game since then. I haven't found the issue before because I checked for errors on day 33. I will fix it for the next version.

Last edited:
Reactions: Spider-Ham

Spider-Ham

May 9, 2017

As for bugs, I checked now and didn't find anything wrong with the code in the events you mentioned.

On day 33, the game checks the same variable that it checks on day 30 to know which quote you chose on day 26. Unless you have edited this variable in some save editor or with the browser console, I don't see how it could have changed value. Value 1 is for the most expensive quote, which allows you to meet Ms. Aniston. Value 3 is the cheapest quote, which allows you to meet Ms. Akira. Value 2 is the middle quote, where you meet Mr. Johnson (you don't talk to him again on day 33).

As for Martina's event on day 32, it only happens if you fucked her on day 23. Here the game does not track variables, but if you visited Martina's scene passage on day 23. So if you didn't have the first Martina scene, she can't appear in the game on day 32.

Edit: I found the issue with the company event. I accidentally left a variable change on day 30 when playtesting. This has been in the game since then. I haven't found the issue before because I checked for errors on day 33. I will fix it for the next version.
Hi, thanks for answering!

I'm glad you found the source of the security system bug (I was surprised that it was a problem in my game, since I don't usually change code variables, as I know they can ruin future passages).

Regarding the topic of Martina, I have started two different games from scratch and in both I have had the same problem: I do not accept the deal with her boyfriend (and, therefore, I do not have sex with her) but she also appears in the restaurant.

Anyway, it's not something that bothers me either ;)

Reactions: Bald Games

DredgenVayn

Oct 20, 2022

Your newest update is triggering virus warnings on Windows. Is there something up with that?

| Vee |

Jun 2, 2022
Bald Games It's fan-made I-patch that is triggering virus. As soon as it is downloaded, the file instantly vanishes or is being deleted by defender. I've downloaded 2 times and it happened both times.
1721589271053.png

Bald Games

Game Developer
Sep 21, 2016

I'm glad you found the source of the security system bug (I was surprised that it was a problem in my game, since I don't usually change code variables, as I know they can ruin future passages).

Regarding the topic of Martina, I have started two different games from scratch and in both I have had the same problem: I do not accept the deal with her boyfriend (and, therefore, I do not have sex with her) but she also appears in the restaurant.

I'll try to do a playtest focused on this to check the problem with Martina. I just think it's very strange that this is happening because the game doesn't track variables on this event, so the mistake I made with the company's bug would be impossible here. But I'll check. Thanks for reporting.

Bald Games

Game Developer
Sep 21, 2016
Your newest update is triggering virus warnings on Windows. Is there something up with that?
Bald Games It's fan-made I-patch that is triggering virus. As soon as it is downloaded, the file instantly vanishes or is being deleted by defender. I've downloaded 2 times and it happened both times.
An outdated version of Windows Defender caused the same problem a few versions ago. Please update Defender and it should resolve the issue. I talked about this two pages back. Another user solved the problem with a new WD update today. Unfortunately, WD is triggering false positives in some HTML games from time to time. No other AV causes this issue.

Reactions: | Vee |

Bald Games

Game Developer
Sep 21, 2016
played the normal game do you save right at end of current version screen OR do you go back to last screen in the game?
also whats better the normal game or sandbox whats the differences?
You can save the game before sleeping or after waking up.
As for the difference between Sandbox and Story Mode, it's all described at the end of the current version. You can also find a post of mine talking about it a few posts above.

Reactions: str8up

Bald Games

Game Developer
Sep 21, 2016

After a long playtest, I had the same problem you faced with Martina. After further investigation, I found the issue. The code to track if you unlocked Martina's scene is right, but the link after the lunch in case you also haven't unlocked Sarah's scene was wrong, leading to Martina's second scene instead of back to the office. I will fix it for the next version. It is difficult to test so many conditions in the game, and sometimes some of these situations go unnoticed in the playtest. Thanks for reporting.

Spider-Ham

May 9, 2017
After a long playtest, I had the same problem you faced with Martina. After further investigation, I found the issue. The code to track if you unlocked Martina's scene is right, but the link after the lunch in case you also haven't unlocked Sarah's scene was wrong, leading to Martina's second scene instead of back to the office. I will fix it for the next version. It is difficult to test so many conditions in the game, and sometimes some of these situations go unnoticed in the playtest. Thanks for reporting.
You're welcome, I'm glad I could help.

Indeed, the larger a game is and the more options it offers (which is what we all like), the more difficult it is to control the possible variables and how they affect the passages, both old and new.

Even so, your game has had very few bugs throughout its development, which is quite a merit.

All the best.

DredgenVayn

Oct 20, 2022
An outdated version of Windows Defender caused the same problem a few versions ago. Please update Defender and it should resolve the issue. I talked about this two pages back. Another user solved the problem with a new WD update today. Unfortunately, WD is triggering false positives in some HTML games from time to time. No other AV causes this issue.
Sorry. I didn't realise I needed to manually update it. I will do that. Thanks. Again, sorry for the trouble.

Reactions: Bald Games

smuk

Jul 4, 2017
does it game contain free cheat menu? because last time I tried it I had more frustration that satisfaction...

Bald Games

Game Developer
Sep 21, 2016
does it game contain free cheat menu? because last time I tried it I had more frustration that satisfaction...
No. The public version has no cheats. But you have many ways to cheat on HTML games without that. Plus, the game has no content locked behind a paywall. You can unlock every scene in the game playing without cheats. But keep in mind that the game was designed for multiple playthroughs. Even supporters can't see every path in a single playthrough.

smuk

Jul 4, 2017
No. The public version has no cheats. But you have many ways to cheat on HTML games without that. Plus, the game has no content locked behind a paywall. You can unlock every scene in the game playing without cheats. But keep in mind that the game was designed for multiple playthroughs. Even supporters can't see every path in a single playthrough.
your game - your rules.
but for me even when I follower certain path and tried make some choices - I was constantly locked out of some scenes without understanding when I didn't pick point or two.
maybe there must be some hint system with paths that we see that one path contradict each other?
not grumbling on the html it self, but when player will try to replay to find new path - you constantly will reread text trying to find new one, when old good renpy can auto stop in not seen content...
well, me rambling its just my opinion. I hope everyone else find more enjoyment that I did playing this one. it's not bad, its just frustrating to me personally.
best of luck.

Bald Games

Game Developer
Sep 21, 2016
your game - your rules.
but for me even when I follower certain path and tried make some choices - I was constantly locked out of some scenes without understanding when I didn't pick point or two.
maybe there must be some hint system with paths that we see that one path contradict each other?
not grumbling on the html it self, but when player will try to replay to find new path - you constantly will reread text trying to find new one, when old good renpy can auto stop in not seen content...
well, me rambling its just my opinion. I hope everyone else find more enjoyment that I did playing this one. it's not bad, its just frustrating to me personally.
best of luck.
I don't know when you last played the game, but the tooltip system was improved a few versions ago to tell you what you should have done differently and on which day to have that option available. Although it's not like the system you mentioned in renpy games, it's a system that helps the players understand how they could unlock the missing content. But I understand that not every type of game appeals to every player. Feel free to give the game another chance or not.

Reactions: smuk

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
I don't know when you last played the game, but the tooltip system was improved a few versions ago to tell you what you should have done differently and on which day to have that option available. Although it's not like the system you mentioned in renpy games, it's a system that helps the players understand how they could unlock the missing content. But I understand that not every type of game appeals to every player. Feel free to give the game another chance or not.
It's a bit of a doomed if you do, doomed if you don't kinda situation. If you don't put meaningful choices and that make the player miss certain content, people will complain, that there are no meaningful choices and it is more like a kinetic novel. If you put in meaningful choices that make people miss out on certain content, they complain about missing out and having to play the game multiple times.

Reactions: SV3TA7

Bald Games

Game Developer
Sep 21, 2016
It's a bit of a doomed if you do, doomed if you don't kinda situation. If you don't put meaningful choices and that make the player miss certain content, people will complain, that there are no meaningful choices and it is more like a kinetic novel. If you put in meaningful choices that make people miss out on certain content, they complain about missing out and having to play the game multiple times.
Yes, I know. That's why I think devs must stick to their original vision for the game. Thanks to player feedback, I've made several improvements to the game, but I need to filter the feedback and discard some suggestions. Otherwise, the game would become a Frankenstein that wouldn't please anyone.

Reactions: Takkatakka
Nov 1, 2019
3 times. Days 18 - 21 - 32
Note: Unlock her scenes on days 18 and 21 if you want the scene on day 32.

Choose the disguise route at Willis corp and lose the fight in the elevator.
That also means Jillian and Rachel are mutually exclusive then? Or is there some tag I can jump?

4.10 star(s) 45 Votes