VN Ren'Py Back to the Past [v0.04] [Dogathan Productions]

4.40 star(s) 5 Votes

After playing through v0.04, should I keep going with the voice acting for Lois?

• Keep going with the voice acting for Lois

Votes: 522 64.8%
  • Stop the voice acting for Lois

Votes: 283 35.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DogathanProductions

Back to the Past Developer/Writer/Artist
Game Developer
Apr 18, 2024
By the way since this did come up, do you plan on adapting a lot of elements from the series? Stuff like Tarantino asking her for feet pics as an example, but there's so many moments I can think of like Lois wanting to get wasted in Mexico for Christmas, or her "sex faces" from the deleted cutaway.
Haha, yeah. But I think I might go the route of making more subtle references, kinda like I have been doing so far (jack's joke shop, phoebe diamond, etc.). In so far as artistic choices, I do often search for family guy references (Lois' various facial expressions, Meg's body type, etc.) and do my best to mimic that. So everything is fair game! Although to be fair, I won't ever come outright and say this is a reference to the show, or make it blatantly obvious. I like to leave things as easter eggs for people to pick up on after they have gone back and seen the show, or on separate playthroughs.

DogathanProductions

Game Developer
Apr 18, 2024
When will the update come?
I regularly post updates to , , , and if you want to know how the development is going! It should have an in-depth breakdown for the plans I have for the game and the progress I am making for the next release cycle.

Reactions: jstreet

jstreet

Engaged Member
Jan 7, 2018
From what's in the Progress Update #3 0.04 is looking to be Meg's makeover update. (wish I wasn't a cheap bastard and have to wait the week to see what Progress Update #4 is all about).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

DogathanProductions

Game Developer
Apr 18, 2024
No worries about it man, I want to still focus on the Lois route, so a majority of the content will be focused on her. I do want to add the full mini arc for Meg (not hot to hot), hence the full public release including her mini arc rather than releasing v0.03 with her arc only partially flushed out. Hope that makes sense!

Nov 18, 2022
Always thought I was a bit of a minority with my Lois obsession (or should I say infatuation?) but it seems there are quite a lot of guys that love her a lot too. It's nice to know lol

Reactions: DogathanProductions

DogathanProductions

Game Developer
Apr 18, 2024
Always thought I was a bit of a minority with my Lois obsession (or should I say infatuation?) but it seems there are quite a lot of guys that love her a lot too. It's nice to know lol
I would say the opposite haha, everybody loves her :LOL:

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2022
Among friends, Lois was probably the one they liked the least. But it usually ends up being something about her personality turning them off or her being compared to Marge. Now I fucking love Marge but the way Lois behave and carries herself is the reason I grew fascinated with her to begin with. And then she can wear just about any hairstyle and outfit and look amazing in it.

Have you ever looked at any of her outfits from Quest for Stuff? She rocks everything.

1719195277742.png
1719195203782.png

DogathanProductions

Game Developer
Apr 18, 2024
Among friends, Lois was probably the one they liked the least. But it usually ends up being something about her personality turning them off or her being compared to Marge. Now I fucking love Marge but the way Lois behave and carries herself is the reason I grew fascinated with her to begin with. And then she can wear just about any hairstyle and outfit and look amazing in it.

Have you ever looked at any of her outfits from Quest for Stuff? She rocks everything.
Lois being compared to Marge? I can't say that I would be making a comparison between the two... But to each their own I guess. I haven't ever played The Quest for Stuff, it looked like kind of a cash grab from the outside looking in. But I have seen that they are finally giving Lois a lot more clothing options in the game from screenshots and like.

I might throw down a poll with the next release to see which lady the F95zone folk are looking to see content for the most, just to see if I'm off base, haha.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: jstreet

jstreet

Engaged Member
Jan 7, 2018
For me on which lady I'd like to see depends on which ones you plan to add outside of Lois and Meg. With the prom event down the road it might be good to see something with Connie.

• Hey there
Nov 18, 2022
Dev posted an update to his Itch. Just sharing it here since he hasn't gotten around to it yet. Hope that's okay.

Hey y'all! Happy Friday!

I had relatively productive week, with getting some character variations done, some backgrounds done, and the first beach scene done. Here is an overview of what was done:

• Younger stewie variation with swim trunks
  • Lois variations with bikini (the one pictured above)
  • Beach background
  • First Lois Beach scene

This lead me to ask myself how much I wanted to include as a part of this update. So what I have left to do for the art involves:

• Ad-hoc beach scene with stewie (this will be the usual family guy style, so should be quicker)
  • In-water scene at beach with Lois (This will have pose variations)

With that v0.03 will total up to 2 Meg scenes (Both in dressing room) and 2 Lois scenes (1 on the couch with three separate poses, and 1 on the beach with roughly 2.5 poses). I think I am at a crossroads now, and want to see if I should add another scene with Lois in this update, or if I can get by with all the work I have put into the art so far. This is because ideally I would like to release v0.03 to patrons within the next 2-3 weeks, rather than take an extra week and a half trying to squeeze another scene in before I start working on v0.04.

But I want to put this choice to the patrons, should I add an extra scene for Lois within this update? This will most likely be a sex scene between her and Peter, as I can see how that would fit within the story. Be wary though, this will add on some development time for v0.03 if y'all vote for it. I'll go ahead and post a poll soon after to see what you all think!

Other than that, I am going to see if I can transition into writing the story after I finish the art. That will likely be the last step before I release v0.03 for beta testing. Here's to hoping that I can get things done as soon as I can and get a release out within 2-3 weeks!

Thanks again for all of your support! Hope you have a great weekend!

Drexelhand

Lostworks Dev
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
So, I have to ask, we've seen Lois with Peter so far? Who else is there content with her planned for? I'm guessing Bonnie, but what about Quagmire or Connie D'Amico and stuff? Obviously it has to fit with the story, I'd rather none of those if the story doesn't work. And is there is any benefit to being a jerk/uncaring to her for Stu as opposed to straight up being friendly? I'm considering subbing on the Patreon in maybe two months but I guess I'd like to know that.

jstreet

Engaged Member
Jan 7, 2018
So, I have to ask, we've seen Lois with Peter so far? Who else is there content with her planned for? I'm guessing Bonnie, but what about Quagmire or Connie D'Amico and stuff? Obviously it has to fit with the story, I'd rather none of those if the story doesn't work. And is there is any benefit to being a jerk/uncaring to her for Stu as opposed to straight up being friendly? I'm considering subbing on the Patreon in maybe two months but I guess I'd like to know that.
What about having Courtney show up but wait until Quagmire and her have fun before they finds out she is his daughter:sneaky:.

• Haha

DogathanProductions

Game Developer
Apr 18, 2024
I think that depends. The story arc for her essentially is that either the player character gets with her, or the player character mends her relationship with Peter. That’s not to say it’s all sunshine’s and rainbows that route, but I’m not sure if it gets taken down the route of being together with other male characters if she sticks with Peter. Other female characters and experimentation can definitely be a thing, it’ll just have to make sense. Honestly, I’m not too sure how that fits into the story I’m writing so far, so I’ll have to give that one a little more thought.

In so far as being a jerk to her or being friendly, without spoiling the story too much, there will definitely be longer term consequences for each. Being a jerk to her and pushing her back into an unhappy relationship will lead to issues down the line, but getting closer to her will also unlock aspects that she has wanted to explore. I can’t say much more than that haha

Drexelhand

Lostworks Dev
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
I think that depends. The story arc for her essentially is that either the player character gets with her, or the player character mends her relationship with Peter. That’s not to say it’s all sunshine’s and rainbows that route, but I’m not sure if it gets taken down the route of being together with other male characters if she sticks with Peter. Other female characters and experimentation can definitely be a thing, it’ll just have to make sense. Honestly, I’m not too sure how that fits into the story I’m writing so far, so I’ll have to give that one a little more thought.

In so far as being a jerk to her or being friendly, without spoiling the story too much, there will definitely be longer term consequences for each. Being a jerk to her and pushing her back into an unhappy relationship will lead to issues down the line, but getting closer to her will also unlock aspects that she has wanted to explore. I can’t say much more than that haha
Honestly, as much as I'd like to see her with Quagmire or Jerome (don't do Brian cause Patreon will smite you) - it's not worth it if it doesn't serve the storyline that you're telling. What I look for first is does the dev put their storytelling above all. I mean, once you're done the main narrative, you can go back and insert Quagmire and such in there if you have a story for them. But I am glad to hear that you're approaching this in regard to what works for your story above all.

And thank you for answering the thing about being a jerk. Some devs just include those options to give the player the option to miss sex scenes but no actual consequence. So thank you for actually giving us a reason to go back and choose those.

4.40 star(s) 5 Votes