Back up the library and Renpy

Evildad

Jan 7, 2019
Good day,

i need a few tips. Unfortunately, I have to set up my system again because of a few problems. Now I wanted to know if there is anything to watch out for when I want to secure my Daz bibiotek. And whether Renpy will recognize my games again after the new installation if I copy them into the correct directory.

Pamphlet

Aug 5, 2020
For Ren'Py you'll want to move over %appdata%\Roaming\RenPy. It's probably worth having a look around %appdata% for other saves/profiles you want to preserve.

rayminator

Engaged Member
Respected User
Sep 26, 2018
with daz you need to set the directories to where your assets are and you have to do a content db maintenance for the smart content

for renpy if you were talking about the game that you have played the %appdata%\Roaming\RenPy is gone but not your save file if your game on different hard drive
renpy have two sets of save location one in the game folder
D:\DOWNLOAD\SummertimeSaga-0-20-9-pc\SummertimeSaga-0-20-9-pc\game\saves and %appdata%\Roaming\RenPy

but if you not talking about game like summertime sega and talking about games that you are making if the on a separate hard drive then you need to set renpy directory to the folder that game are located