Mod Ren'Py BadHero Multi-Mod [Ep2 v2.0.4p & Ep2 v2.9.4p & Specials][RiamMar / Charona]

RiamMar

Heart of the Keyforge One Hand Clapping
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
title.jpg
Updated: 2023-12-07
Game: BadHero Episode 1 v2.0.4p Completed | Xmas 2021 | Episode 2 v2.9.4p
Creator:
Xlab |
Modder: RiamMar | F95zone
Co-Modder: Charona (modded v2.8.1)
Language
: English
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

XMAS 2023 ESPECIAL* is a KN (kinetic novel) and doesn't need any WT modding.
Have fun with the late special and a happy and successful 2024! :)

Shout out to Charona for updating the files, so I only have to drop them in.
Give them a like if you see them post somewhere!

Remove the mod first, if you already installed the mod for 2.8.4p.

Downloads:

Last edited:

Knight of the Dawn

Jun 19, 2022
View attachment 2058764

Overview:
This is an unintrusive mod for BadHero.
It adds an optional in-game walkthrough that helps with quests and adds hints to dialog choices.
You may choose a custom name for the MC anytime, without restarting the game, and also edit you "love score" with other characters.
There is also an option to enable a certain feature in the mod menu.

New Kinetic Novel Mode and major freeroam update

Updated: 2022-09-24

Game/Creator: BadHero Xlab - - -

Game Versions: Episode 1 v2.0.4p Completed | Episode 2 v2.3.4p
Special Versions: Xmas 2022

Modder: RiamMar f95zone
Mod Version: ModCore 3.02

Language: English

Features:
Installation:
Deinstallation:
Support:
Change-Log
Getting an error after updating the mod?

DELETE THE OLD MOD FOLDER BEFORE INSTALLING MOD CORE 3.02

Episode 2 v2.3.4p - Mod Core 3.02:

Xmas 2022 v1.0.4p - Mod Core 3.02:

Episode 1 v2.0.4p - Mod Core 3.02:

View attachment 2058290 View attachment 2058291 View attachment 2058292 View attachment 2058293 View attachment 2058294 View attachment 2058295 View attachment 2058297
Can you please update the mod?

Bobber Tail

Nov 28, 2017
Got an error. Instructions said put RiamMar_ModCore_3.02 folder in game folder, if I read it correctly. This is what I got...

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Got an error. Instructions said put RiamMar_ModCore_3.02 folder in game folder, if I read it correctly. This is what I got...
I would have thought that the mods folder wouldn't be necessary, but it looks like it is, for now.
If you have the mods/RiamMar... structure it should work.

BadHero-Install.jpg

Edit:
Uploaded a new version with a bit of init order switching and better scope definition to prevent the "global variable not defined" error.
If you are reading this, but didn't have a problem, you don't need to re-download, but now it should be working with mods folder or copying the RiamMar_ModCore_x.y folder directly into the game-folder.

If any other problem appears, let me know!

Last edited:
Reactions: Bobber Tail

Knight of the Dawn

Jun 19, 2022
I would have thought that the mods folder wouldn't be necessary, but it looks like it is, for now.

View attachment 2146597

Will look into a more permanent fix later.
When I change the opacity of the quick menu in the mod nothing changes.Can you please fix it?
And can you please move the menu to the bottom of the screen and not above it?

Reactions: RiamMar

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Woahhh... How did that happen... :unsure:

On it!

Updated files.
  • Added option to change position of quick menu from top to bottom
  • Fixed opactity settings
  • Option to press "z" in-game to open mod menu

Last edited:
Reactions: Knight of the Dawn

Bobber Tail

Nov 28, 2017

View attachment 2146597

Edit:
Uploaded a new version with a bit of init order switching and better scope definition to prevent the "global variable not defined" error.
If you are reading this, but didn't have a problem, you don't need to re-download, but now it should be working with mods folder or copying the RiamMar_ModCore_x.y folder directly into the game-folder.

If any other problem appears, let me know!
Seems to load and play fine, thanks.

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
No, I haven't implemented a replay room yet.

There is a very basic "scene selection" in episode 2 and there should be another mod, that adds the same to episode 1. Pretty sure my mod isn't really compatible with the other mod though.

I'm currently working on a gallery/replay room for another game I'm modding. I could have a look at adding one for Bad Hero as well, if there is an interest.

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Thanks for the mods! I'm getting this error on episode 2 and x-mas 2022 v1.0.4 View attachment 2319273 View attachment 2319274
Xmas 2022 doesn't need a mod, since it has the "Auto-Play" as dialogue option, which is basically the same as the KNM; all the scenes, no choices to make. My Xmas mod is for the 2021 one. So the fix there should be easy, be simply removing my mod. :D

For Episode 2, did you download the mod for Episode 2? Each episode needs a different mod version.
Episode 2 v2.4.4p - Mod Core 3.02 v2: - - -

I reinstalled my mod with this (removed the old mods folder and added the one I linked here) and can't reproduce the error. :-|

While researching, I found that I have a mishap with the idents in the code of the quick menu in the mod for Episode 1. Maybe that's the problem?

Test 1:
If you downloaded the correct mod, can you try to simply restart the game a second time? Sometimes Ren'Py just is picky on first launch and I can't see where this could come from.
I'm currently downloading a "fresh" version of Ep 2 to test it on a second system I recently re-installed the OS on. This would show me if it's such a "re-start-problem".

Test 2:
I also added an init statement, just in case that might be the problem. (The error seems to have a problem with initorder and having properties somewhere...) Can you download this file and test it? Simply drop this mods folder (it only contains the quick menu) into the apps game folder and confirm when asked to overwrite.
Quick-Menu Test-Fix: - - -

Alternative solution:
Another option would be to remove my quick menu. It's located here: /game/mods/RiamMar_ModCore_3.02/screens/quick_menu.rpy
Can you delete that file and the .rpyc with the same name and test again to see, if the error still occurs or moves on to another one?

nebulous3

Jan 22, 2018
Thanks for the quick reply. I double checked I was putting Ep2 mod in Ep2 game. I even downloaded the one you put in the above post (same result). The test-fix also didn't work. When I deleted quick_menu.rpy and rpyc it moved onto this error:

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Thanks for the quick reply. I double checked I was putting Ep2 mod in Ep2 game. I even downloaded the one you put in the above post (same result). The test-fix also didn't work. When I deleted quick_menu.rpy and rpyc it moved onto this error:
Can you try the attached mods folder? Maybe I did fixes that I forgot to upload/link here...
(delete the old mods folder from the game directory first)

Edit 1: This archive contains the mod I did the screenshot just a minute ago. Also has the .rpyc files already in it, just to make sure it's really the same.
Edit 2: Almost looks like you don't have the "core" folder or are missing the RiamMar.rpy in that folder, since that's where that undefined variable in the last traceback should be comming from.

Last edited:

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
remove patch.renpy from game folder and don't use unren.
Are you telling me this or nebulous3?

I usually unren in a separate directory for testing, but I tested it on my extracted folder and it still worked. Also tested with and without the patch.renpy, still worked. The later one is pretty much ignored with my mod anyways, since I'm overriding the renpy.loadable function to not check the file anymore but the persistent variable.

Did you had/habe problems with the mod?

Thovenaar

Feb 24, 2018
I had the same troules with the mod (game would not start) . I used UnRen-1.0.5 (option 3) and when I removed it the game started normal.

Thovenaar

Feb 24, 2018
Tested the game with patch.renpy (and removed unren-dev.rpy) and the game worked . I did not have to remove the patch.renpy for the game to work.

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Her is my log file to
Ah... there is an after_load label in the modsMenu.rpyc in the archive.rpa...

I tried to get a fix done, but it's more complicated, especially with the unren-dev... I usually only run option 1 (and 2 if I want the .rpy files) of the latest UnRen provided here in the zone (at the time of this post: UnRen 1.0.10).
Seems like having "config.developer = True" in the unren-dev.rpy is a problem for my mod and the init prio is screwed up even if the after_load problem isn't there...

If it's just for the console, you can use the _console.rpy instead of the unren-dev.rpy I have attached and it should work.

You could also change the lines 642 tp 644 in the UnRen bat (line numbers from 1.0.10, probably different in other versions) to
Code:
echo init python:>> "%consolefile%"
echo   #config.developer = True>> "%consolefile%"
echo   config.console = True>> "%consolefile%"
Removing the number between "init" an "python" and commenting out the developer line with the "#".

Maybe, if you have the time, you could check that out? (I don't want to redistribute an edited version of the UnRen.bat, that's why I posted just the diff here. With this change (or using my _console.rpy) it should work fine with options 1 and 2 of the UnRen.bat.

I'll try to get a fix done with the next update and make my other mods "config.developer" and load-order-proof with the next updates. I have to do a lot of init order changes, so that will take a bit of tedeaous editing all my mod files, so the _console would be a quick'n'dirty fix if the developer-tool isn't needed. :censored:

I should probably use the developer-tool for my analysis in mod prep anyways instead of searching all the code for styles and such fun stuff. :rolleyes:

Anyways, thanks for pointing that out to me and I hope you can work with the _console.rpy till I get it fixed properly.

Last edited: