Unity - Completed - Barbarian Legend [v1.9.0] [Fantasy Earth]

1. 2.00 star(s)

Helldien

Barbarian Legend [v1.9.0]

The game is very difficult to understand if you don't know Japanese. There are parts that are translated and parts that are not, understanding the basic concept of the game becomes tedious just because of this.

I can't get a general idea of the game because it hardly makes you want to play it, it's not fun at all and it doesn't get you hooked on the game.

The graphic aspect is not bad, it has animations and good sound, as well as good image quality.

As far as the hentai section is concerned, the variety and quantity is acceptable, but the quality of the images and animation are pretty rough, not to mention the censorship goes down a few notches.

Overall, it could have been a good game, but it's still a poor game that I wouldn't recommend playing.

I give this game a 3.9 out of 10.
  2. 1.00 star(s)

PepperMan

A decent base gameplay and then some of the worst design and padding around it. What should take 30 minutes max instead takes 2+ hours to achieve.

I recommend playing it for 1-2 hours and keep going until you feel you hit the grind and then just use the full CG files. You don't miss any story.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

MuninKai

Solid concept, not great on execution.

Art amount is pretty small, with a lot of copy-paste colour palette switches to pad out the CG Gallery. What is actually there isn't half bad, bizarre boob physics aside. Unfortunately, in addition to the wild boob movements breaking into comedy, all the CGs are also part of time sensitive mini-games that require your paying attention to the letters in the top corner instead of the action.

The game itself is a fun concept. Pretty straightforward but occassionally funny battles, and some interesting management. All of this is drowned under a horribly grind focused game loop though. If the game was about 10% of its current length it might have been an enjoyable little romp. There aren't even rewards for this grind, as you can unlock all the full-length CG fairly early. Some UI bugs also make it so the 'Catch 'em All' style gameplay you might want from a game like this eventually makes your roster unusable.

Give it a miss or download the Gallery Unlocker and save yourself hours of ultimately very repetitive battles.
  4. 2.00 star(s)

jazz154

You need to set your locale and regional settings to japanese to play this game. Applocale isn't enough.

I would say don't bother with it. It's boring, grindy game that in the end you just hold your left mouse button praying that the timer on fights would hurry up.
  5. 1.00 star(s)

Evangelion-01

Unplayable heap of Bugs that'll either crush you on the first turn or within the next 5.
    You constantly need to restart the game in order to fix some of the bugs, but eventually you'll be trapped with no available actions (Arrows) or Generals to perform them.

@jazz154 that only seem to help for a few bugs and still lead to softlocks (I use a Japanese locale by default and still had all those Bugs)... or you just need to be extremly lucky to avoid them long enough