RPGM - Onhold - Barkeeper [v0.11c] [Eventidegames]

1. 3.00 star(s)

Axelshadow

(v0.10) The TL;DR of the review below is: It has potential, but wait for more major updates if you're interested to sink time in it. If you're looking for a quick fap or two, this is not the one you're looking for.

Pros:
    -Festival System
    -Short Hair Protagonist (Short hair supremacy!)
    -Bar/Tavern, the dream of all retired fantasy adventurers.

Neutral:
    -The Art Style (I am quite fond of this type of art, however, some people might find it unappealing and unsexy so take it as you will)

Cons:
    -The Barkeeping system isn't fun/gets boring.
    -The Writing.
    -Sexy Scenes (It's not that sexy yet)

TBH, there isn't much to review. The current gameplay isn't anything to write home about, most of the content isn't done yet (duh), and what you can do can be a bit boring. So if you're interested my suggestion is to wait for more content to be ready before giving it a try, but I personally have a soft spot for this game.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

Evillobster

This is for v0.09
    I was a bit surprised while searching the latest updates to find a game with no reviews and well over a hundred thousand views. This is my attempt to correct this disservice. That said, it felt a bit lacking and overall suffers from a feeling that the creator was a bit inexperienced.

The Pros:
    • The story, while not exactly unique, is certainly interesting enough and the ideas present in a number of the permit quest are well done
    • The outfits go beyond simple dress up eroticism and add a number of poses for each outfit.
    • The is a definite feeling that the game creator is trying to accommodate players as best as possible
    Cons:
    • The writing and dialogue are a bit sloppy at times and there are numerous cases where dialogue is simply labeled as not yet implemented, which break immersion a bit.
    • The art is also lackluster, in that while it is clearly done with spirit the actual quality leaves a little, and often lot, to be desired.
    • There are actually fair few game logic issues and generally things that could be improved in the code, such as the glitch that if a work scene is not yet added to the game for a certain outfit and the default "noting eventful happens" text hasn't been copied over to that outfit, as is the case with most of them, it is impossible to actually earn money while wearing it.
    Overall, there is definitely potential here, but it feels like it take a bit longer for the creator to realize it.