Batch render tool help !

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
alright.. sooo.
i test that tool named batch render for DAZ Studio 4 ad RIB

it worked pretty nicely for now and help me to win some important time.

but a weird thing happened this morning...

i let it do the job (work good), i watched on the "temp" folder he use for put the renders and they where here. soo i just left to work and feel good ( ya know the feeling ? :p )
when i get back to work, i noticed that the folder was completly empty... no renders at all :O.

i know its a "temp" folder but still... i m pretty sure the renders are somwhere, but i cant find them anywhere (i checked all the link given to the tool in setting).

is somebody use this can tell me where i am supposed to find the renders ?
the tool setting are let to normal, aka :
"get the folder you want to render to" is set to the standard "temp" folder in roaming/DAZ3D/studio4/etc..

or the renders move somewhere else ?

i really need help because i get a whole lots of render during the night and it would be really shit to lost everything like that :(

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
Try the default render location documents/DAZ 3d/studio/render library. it might move them when done, I use a custom location so I'm not sure.

Reactions: macadam

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
The temp folder is what it is, a temp folder. Every rendered scene will overwrite the previous in there and after you close daz it will be wiped. If this is the Standard save path, then your images are most likely gone...

Reactions: macadam

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
Try the default render location documents/DAZ 3d/studio/render library. it might move them when done, I use a custom location so I'm not sure.
thanks. but nope, they are not there.

when i did my first try, the render where placed in the path i tell before
"appdata/roaming/DAZ3D/studio4/temp/..."
and when i looked, they were in there. but when i came back.. they just vanished (and they where not all finished but some of them where complete at 100%... all of them dissapeared)

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
The temp folder is what it is, a temp folder. Every rendered scene will overwrite the previous in there and after you close daz it will be wiped. If this is the Standard save path, then your images are most likely gone...
:cry::cry::cry::cry:

the renders where not overwritted each others tho...
like i say, i did a test before with 3 renders and all of them 3 where in the folder once finished.

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
well... thank you both for your help (y)

guess i m gonna restart the whole thing again and test. but this time , i m gonna put a different path in there (no temp shit)

hope it will work correctly :confused:

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
You might consider the use of this:

I've had very good luck with it. By default, it puts the renders in the same directory as the original DUF file. (Although you can override that.) It will also render animations, if that's an issue for you.

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016

I've had very good luck with it. By default, it puts the renders in the same directory as the original DUF file. (Although you can override that.) It will also render animations, if that's an issue for you.
Thank.
for now it seems to work good, i put the render path in the same as DAZ and the renders doesnt seems to dissapear. will be sure tomorrow after restart the whole computer, but it seems ok for now.
i keep this as a security option if the actual one doesnt work.

Papa Ernie

Squirrel!?
Uploader
Donor
Dec 4, 2016