Aug 8, 2018
14c brings some gameplay issues
1 wood to paper / food , if used you are good for replay
2 fighting variant for next time
3 arrows 2 batches 3 locations
4 meat merchant doesn't take money
5 wood for castle gone
etc
how are you to make an informed decision when the the game isn't even made yet ?

while i love the game and it could definetly be something great if handled by a team as kingmaker, it is simply unmanageable for it's current method of release

also unity grows and grows and grows and bloody lags between scenes movement etc - eating time i can not afford, recommend rebuild in ren'py, the 3d side isn't worth wasting so many resources . i value the story and gameply more !

chrisccd

Jul 18, 2019
I followed the WT and now I'm confused. Did I unlock this quest? How can I get wood and give it to Hall? If not how can unlock it :WaitWhat:
bfl.png
quest.png

Joey the mangaka

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2018
5 wood for castle gone
etc
how are you to make an informed decision when the the game isn't even made yet ?

while i love the game and it could definetly be something great if handled by a team as kingmaker, it is simply unmanageable for it's current method of release

also unity grows and grows and grows and bloody lags between scenes movement etc - eating time i can not afford, recommend rebuild in ren'py, the 3d side isn't worth wasting so many resources . i value the story and gameply more !
This update was optional for the players.
And in changeling have info of new important choices. And we have the walkthrough and the wikia. The paper it's for good meat and the take 5 points in Hartlepool or the bad meat and grains for 4 points . The game it's in process .

The game not possible in rempi

• Wow
Reactions: cccxxx

SeventhVixen

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2019
5 wood for castle gone
etc

It's been commented some times;

-When chapter 2 is complete there will be ways to make better deals on penketh without having to use paper as other towns will be unlocked beforehand.

But those things you comment don't bring any gamebreaking issue, there is no need to replay to get all content;

-Meat merchant doesn't take money if you are not in a good enough threshoold of money so you don't end not being able to pay the levies later in game. (some traders behave the same). But you can get the meat just getting the grudge.

-By the end of 0.14 you can have 3 batches of arrows (including one that you can buy, thanks to some new Kaelkirk trade). And upgrading Akros Manor even if wood/paper used. But anyway, One cannot mix/max resource administration in an uncomplete game with ease; And there is no point right now .As you said, there is no way of make informed decisions in a first playthru. But none of those decisions lock any content away. (the resource related ones)

-Not sure about what 3d side you mention; the map is very performance light compared to the 2d scenes (the towns). What lags is loading the levels (That is the thing that ocurrs in the map and can cause lag depending on HD speed/cpu etc).

Reactions: cccxxx

Joey the mangaka

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2018

Summary:
September first week: Coding new combat systems and tactical choices.
September mid weeks: Rendering
September Final week-Start of October (now): Coding scenes*, extra renderings.
October first weeks: All the rendering and extra rendering needed.
October last weeks: Coding death march 'till release.
Note: If the in-depth devlog is a bit confusing, sorry, My mind is still a little bit off with the cold; I tried to write and re-write it as clear as possible.

In-depth:
0.14 Release was a really smooth one as barely any bug was found., taking in consideration all the freeroaming involved on it (all traders and part of it the code for 0.15 to work);
That allowed me to start coding fast the harder parts of 0.15, thing that led to the first heavy coding week for 0.15, were I finished and applied most of the new systems.
Since then I've been preparing renders and animations (Most than 30 animations done by now), as mentioned in . As the mainstory part of 0.15 is quite straightforward (ironically, at the same time that allows for a lot of different mini-paths), in order to close really well Hartlepool Main Story a lot of extra scenes had to be prepared for many different places and characters, in order to give weight and closure on many fronts. Those two weeks (that ended some days ago) have not been my smoothest, due to all the IRL school fuss and the family cold combined, so there is still work to be done, But now next step;

So I started the second heavy coding week for 0.15; This time to code all important scenes and link them well with the systems and multiple mini-paths. It is important to get rid of all the scenes ready to code to see the big picture of what is left to do.

When that is done I will be able to see clearly what extra scenes are missing, so I can take care of that before the final coding crunch. (As always, trying to improve my working methods in order to not fall into death marches the last weeks. Other times I find out a lot of missing stuff when I was trying to finish, causing quite mental stress ^^u)
But really, any well polished release need final weeks death marches whatever is wanted or not; There is always something more needed, and there is always more polish that can be done, so I'm quite used by now.

Extra scenes!
The extra scenes poll winners for 0.15 has been Extra pirate fun on diplopath (so you'll have to check back those diplopaths saves :p You won't need to replay, it will be scenes available after the end of the diplopath), and extra Hannah progress!. In the same time maybe some Duke comissioned scene (this time in game) may appear involving the Silk Traders, but we'll see if time allows it.
If you have been following all you'll know that 0.15 packs quite content, both by variety of characters that need closure as via the minipaths (as resolutions that goes beyond Hartlepool, as Akros Manor and Leffrin). Same way release 0.11 and 0.12 opened a lot of content on Hartlepool, plan on 0.15 is closing most of it. (But remember that Hartlepool have content that will be updated along all the game, like the Porthouse contents).
*About this week of coding scenes: My mind is still half dipped in gooish substance due to the cold that doesn't really goes away yet, and that gives me some problems to focus properly in coding (and writing), so I'll just keep rendering until my mind is clear again. I've been around 7 days with the cold so I guess it must wear off soon enough, thanks the Luvian Gods.
Conclusion:
After I coded this initial part I'll be able to be more sure about if I can include all the content I want to include without making you wait too much; But there is a lot of content that I want to have in the release so.... Stay tunned for the news!
And of course, thank you all for being always so supportive! ;)

Reactions: n0cn1l

Joey the mangaka

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2018
You need talk with the meat merchant or with the mistress. And trade with Shanna in the cave in inventory
silk trader have boat's not forget the boat scene

4.50 star(s) 59 Votes