VN Ren'Py BattleArenaReyka [v0.0.3] [Artisnal Depravity]

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

artisnal.depravity

Game Developer
May 19, 2019
just out of curiosity, which tool are you using for image/Art creation ? It really looks clean
All the art is done in koikatsu charastudio which, any self-respecting gamedev will tell you, makes me a talentless hack. And they'd be right, I can code and write well, but can't art my way out of a paper bag (it is my lifes ambition to find a cool-as-fuck artist to team up with and make dope hentai games with).

Another problem you'll often hear about using kk for game art is that you won't be able to market your game later, since your art is derived from, and therefore the property of another game (namely koikatsu). I have no idea whether this is true or not, and I'm neither worried about that nor about being a talentless hack because the point of this project is the game and not the making money or the being talented.

Reactions: Karloman

xxxxxxxxxy

May 19, 2021
You have to start somewhere right . Although it really good and is a great starting point.
PS : Thanks for recommending the tool , really had a blast messing around with it :) . Where did you get all the custom mods related to wrestling ?( maps, costumes , moves/animations) was looking for a wrestling / mma type map but only found this basic map 1663756392096.png

artisnal.depravity

Game Developer
May 19, 2019
You have to start somewhere right . Although it really good and is a great starting point.
PS : Thanks for recommending the tool , really had a blast messing around with it :) . Where did you get all the custom mods related to wrestling ?( maps, costumes , moves/animations) was looking for a wrestling / mma type map but only found this basic map
kk is, in my experience, a study in compromise. You never get the thing you want, but you can almost always get something close enough. I'm using the base mod-pack set from better repack (afterschool, I've so far been too lazy to upgrade to sunshine). When I go looking for clothing I do so on the kk discord in the clothing sharing section. I don't really have any maps that aren't in base BR. (The map you're using I've never seen before, it's nice). Most of the girls are repurposed cards downloaded from illusioncards.booru. Octave is the only character I made from scratch. Their uniforms are mash-ups of clothing sets from whatever worked. Holly came as a muscle girl and her clothing was good enough I kept it. Octave's rash-guard is actually a "bicycle jersey", Joy's Ghi is the stock kimono top with some accessories, and maya is wearing a pretty stock bathing suit top and bear-print panties bottom.

Most of the work I put in to the art goes into posing and lighting rather than maps and mods. It takes a lot of work to get poses that look natural, and a lot more work with shadows, colored shadows and lighting effects to get something that doesn't look like a kk screenshot. For example if you look at the screenshots with Octave and Maya in the bath together, there's just SO much going on with smoke-effects, the red colored-shadow in the background, subtle radial shadows up front to create a vignette, the water is not naturally blurry, that's an invisible cube with a gaussian blur renderer attached and etc.. The thing that sells most of it are facial expressions, and hand positions though. You can have all the crazy maps and mods and shadows in the world, but it's getting the tilt of the head just right, or moving the eyes to a particular position that actually manages to convey storyline.

artisnal.depravity

Game Developer
May 19, 2019
New blog post out at where I'm showing off gifs of two end-to-end matches for the first time. Super interested to hear what yall think.

tenaka88

Jul 23, 2018
Can’t w8 to try it myself!
Just the moment the strapon pop, doesn’t seems to be at the right moment to me, it pop and then octave choose finger fuck end so it disapear and then here again when she taunt you after the « cumshow ». Dunno maybe we should have the choice between the non strapon and the strapon scene and then the strapon pop accordingly to our choice

Qibirimbur

Aug 10, 2020
Would love to see Maya being able to do something with the opponent's feet while in combat. Like a temptation event or her just asking for them.

Reactions: &#$&*&$*<

Nait Sieve

Mar 5, 2021
how much futa will there be in the game? completly optional? a single (perhaps mostly avoidable) dick lady? or a common theme among the cast? if it's the last then i'm afraid i'm out of here.
combat looks great btw. way more clear to tell what's going on compared to night games.

artisnal.depravity

Game Developer
May 19, 2019
it's not dead I promise... but I'm def starting to feel how these projects get abandoned. You basically have this massive side-hustle that you can't talk about with anyone you actually care about, and like, the friction forces working against you from the legit side of your IRL are massive. *nothing* in your actual life wants you to work on this thing. And any work you do get done on it feels like theft from things you *should* be doing. Literally the act of engaging in your hobby isolates you from the people you actually spend all your time with.. I guess maybe that sounds obvious, and as someone who is definately a fan of other h-games and frustrated by the slow pace of progress I can hear myself, and how much like bullshit excuses that sounds but danm.. it really is a different ballgame being in the middle of it.

Anyway suffice to say I really haven't been able to make any forward progress for a while, or even get a blog post in edgewise.. but don't worry I'll get back at it soon.

artisnal.depravity

Game Developer
May 19, 2019
how much futa will there be in the game? completly optional? a single (perhaps mostly avoidable) dick lady? or a common theme among the cast? if it's the last then i'm afraid i'm out of here.
combat looks great btw. way more clear to tell what's going on compared to night games.
My current take on the futa question is basically that Holly will be able to grow a demon cock. Also, because recoil damage in the battle-fuck system is going to be a thing, it's necessary for the other ladies to be able to feel recoil through their strapons, which will be accomplished by way of hand-wavey magic. So one character with a demon boner, and other characters with sensate magical strapons.

Reactions: Iddqdhd

Maxh

Jun 19, 2021
My current take on the futa question is basically that Holly will be able to grow a demon cock. Also, because recoil damage in the battle-fuck system is going to be a thing, it's necessary for the other ladies to be able to feel recoil through their strapons, which will be accomplished by way of hand-wavey magic. So one character with a demon boner, and other characters with sensate magical strapons.
Can there he an option to completely disable all futa... it tries to invade all combat lesbian games and is far to successful.... there are way more futa games than proper lesbian games.... please no Futa or at least make it so it's completely disabled in the opinions menu

artisnal.depravity

Game Developer
May 19, 2019
Can there he an option to completely disable all futa... it tries to invade all combat lesbian games and is far to successful.... there are way more futa games than proper lesbian games.... please no Futa or at least make it so it's completely disabled in the opinions menu
It's kind of hard for me to speak intelligently about this because I'm not really constructing a game around a laundry-list style of taggable fetishes. That's a totally valid way of constructing an h-game and also a totally valid way of differentiating games you want to play vs games you don't, and for players who play lots of h-games I also get that there are higher-level patterns to be observed and annoyed by, hence all the heated debate around ntr and futa content and etc... but that's not what's happening here.

Within my mind, there is a narrative about where each of these characters came from, who they represent in the tournament, and how those factions are operating behind the scenes. The storyline arcs are murky and will evolve as they are written, but I have a vague idea of personalities and motivations and how it all comes to a head, and what it might look like for each of the characters to come out on top. I also have some very specific daydream scenes I want to hit along the way, some of them pivotal to the storyline, and some of them fun and sexy.

Contained within the general direction this whole story is going in the back of my head, the Holly character is a human who is backed by a faction of demons vying for supremacy within the context of the tournament, and otherwise, and to that end, they have given Holly a "secret weapon" in the tournament, which is, when she wins the battle portion of her fights and is bestowed the goddesses gift, she can magically "borrow" one of her benefactor's cocks to fuck her opponent with. This is a good storyline, it has layers and even combat mechanics attached to it eg.. demon bob's dick is +5 anal, while demon dave's dick negates recoil damage. It provides a means for holly upgrades, and side-scenes; she can meet new demons and acquire more dicks etc.. Further, holly's fight mechanic will drive an arms-race story arc as the other competitors search for a means to find an answer for her advantage, which will move the greater narrative forward. It's good storytelling.

So like.. to questions of "quantify the futa content", or "can you disable it or make more of it" etc... I'm not sure how to answer because I'm not really thinking about it in terms of the fetish it services, and by extension the fanbase it services.. I'm just trying to do justice to the story in my head bru.

Also.. fwiw the distinction between a magic strapon without straps that feels like a dick to the wearer, and a dick belonging to a named demon getting summoned between the wearers hips seems to me so far beyond moot it's not worth talking about. I'm just saying there's so much grey-space here I feel like you can project about as much "futa" onto it as you want. Is it futa if the dick isn't hers? Is it futa if it's organic vs inorganic? Is it futa if its inorganic but she can feel it? Is it futa if they revert to females when the battle-fuck is over? I honestly don't know bru. Nor do I really care... like... choose the answers to those questions as they please you, and you will be pleased.

Nait Sieve

Mar 5, 2021
hmm.. so she isn't really what is considered a futa, but she acts as some kind of proxy for bob and dave to fuck the MC with their magical dicks? ...idk, for me that is even worse lol.

i get it, you have a story in mind and want to tell it, but I'd think lady demon dick isn't ideal to cater to your (perceived) target audience. i mean, female MC and an all female cast makes it appear interesting for lesibian players and dudes like me who enjoy lesbian content. at least at first glance. for them, getting fucked by bob's dick (or any dick really) sounds like quite the turn off. and considering this website, i'd assume that's enough of a reason to delete the game or not to try it in the first place. from a support standpoint i think it woud make sense to decide to either target it at the futa lovers out there, or to make dick content optional to not lose the lesbian lovers.

of course you can create the game you want to, and i respect your approach which feels like fresh air compared to what i'm used to. that said, i have mixed feelings about wheter i personally shoud stay here or take my leave. on one hand do i enjoy lesbian content and as a fan of night games i'm curious what you've planned, plus the game looks nice. but on the other hand is the thing that i really dislike npc's with dicks, and even more so if that dick belongs to bob or dave.

dawiorx

Apr 22, 2020
it's not dead I promise... but I'm def starting to feel how these projects get abandoned. You basically have this massive side-hustle that you can't talk about with anyone you actually care about, and like, the friction forces working against you from the legit side of your IRL are massive. *nothing* in your actual life wants you to work on this thing. And any work you do get done on it feels like theft from things you *should* be doing. Literally the act of engaging in your hobby isolates you from the people you actually spend all your time with.. I guess maybe that sounds obvious, and as someone who is definately a fan of other h-games and frustrated by the slow pace of progress I can hear myself, and how much like bullshit excuses that sounds but danm.. it really is a different ballgame being in the middle of it.

Anyway suffice to say I really haven't been able to make any forward progress for a while, or even get a blog post in edgewise.. but don't worry I'll get back at it soon.

Don't worry too much about it, after all it's not some expensive kickstarter project. Private life comes first and i'll be glad to see the game keep on developing even if slowly :)

Reactions: artisnal.depravity

mememema

Aug 16, 2020
New update and fight-vid at
Error 503 Backend fetch failed
just fyi

Edit: I knocked the numbers and html off the end of the link and it worked. As for the actual content of the video, good stuff. Still looking forward to where you take this project.

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes