Unity - Completed - Be a maid in the Demon World - The Secret Cafe of Demon Angel Hero [Final] [Kokutou Umeboshi]

1. 1.00 star(s)

PandiStelle

A very shallow game propped up with decent Live 2D CGs and the presence of voice acting.
    The game's basic loop of actions is preparing food for the day, upgrading various aspects of the restaurant or the manager's/girl's skills, and selecting what you want each girl to do during service (But each girl is so obviously skilled in one aspect this never actually is something you have to think about).
    When doors open, have fun staring the customers as they walk by and clicking heads in the event they want to hand a tip or want the girl's to give them a handy behind the curtain. Spend the night talking to one of the girl's to foster your relationship and let the cycle repeat ad infinitum.
    Unfortunately nothing about the gameplay has any polish and offers no real problems to solve. Time in, time out - the numbers will get bigger as long as you keep all the food at par and spend extra money. It's a very boring experience and I can't say anything positive of the hour or so I tried this game before getting fed up and just finding a cg save.
    The writing can't even be truly evaluated as it reads like an "official" machine translation where a lot of dialogue is awkwardly written and trying to decipher what the machine spat out is not worth the effort on these cardboard characters.
    If you like the art, just save yourself the trouble and use the gallery save to rub a quickie out and move on. Unbelievably forgettable and it's a shame.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

Duckwater

Game worked just fine for me. The gameplay is a braindead grind but you can blast through it in a few hours, it could have possibly been decent with some more work. Artstyle is really nice and the translation is a horrible machine translation, but the characters are still cute when understandable.

The reason it gets 4-stars from me is because it has great sex animations and voice acting, which was the only thing I wanted from this game. If anything, the sex scenes are worth keeping in your spank bank.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

jazz154

Fun little game, with just one little problem. Don't play on normal or you will end up in situation where you can't get angel ending because you will be one point short. Shame that there is no harem ending.

For people that can't play it. You need to change your regional settings to japan, local emu doesn't do it for you.
  4. 1.00 star(s)

Wallksys

It is unplayable, it gets stuck in infinite loops where the options are never unlocked. You always keep doing the same actions, and when you hopefully go to the game part, you can't do anything, or move, or click or anything.
  5. 1.00 star(s)

jaerdoster

The game don't work with Locale Emulator, and don't work with system settings in Japanese.
    Also don't save the settings.
    Look cute but has not been tested outside of a japanese computer, so unplayable for the player base of F95
    Please fix this release before uploading it on F95.
  6. 4.00 star(s)

nweiss

Look, I don't have time to write a 1000 words essay about this game. So here's the TLDR: this is your typical Japanese anime harem story, the artwork is quite nice, and the animation is passable.
    That being said, I'm not sure I understand those two angry dudes down there, the story and the character isn't great, but they were okay, kind of stereotype of characters.The story structure is what you expect from one of those typical Japanese harem anime, even better than many Manga and Anime of the same type dare I say.
    To be fair, I play through the game using Chinese and Japanese, so maybe there is something wrong with English translation. Or maybe that's just so much cultural conflict, I don't know, but this game definitely don't deserve one star treatment.
  7. 2.00 star(s)

くもり空

I won't bother writing a quick synopsis here. I couldn't even bother finishing the game, so I'll just get straight to the point.

The art is excellent, top tier fap material crafted by god himself. The Live2D animations are fluid and the girls look soft in all the right places. Everything looks high-quality and crisp, from the colors to the designs of the characters themselves.

The gameplay is stupidly clunky half of the time. The first problem that I noticed was how the customers' tips and heart balloons would sometimes appear only when they're almost out of the establishment, making it impossible to react and click it fast enough. Not to mention how those balloons almost always appear behind another balloon that displays the customer's satisfaction, which can make you miss it completely.
    Another heinous crime committed by the gameplay is how boring it is to buy food every single day for literally no reason. You spend 90% of the game mindlessly clicking to buy and confirm, buy and confirm, buy and confirm.
    But what really takes the cake as the clunkiest mechanic in the game is the decoration of your café. I don't know how to explain this properly because it doesn't make enough sense to be explainable. Let's just say that nothing works when you're placing the furniture or moving it around. It's very buggy and outright infuriating.

The writing is complete dogshit. I just feel like puking every time the protagonist opens his mouth. He's unlikable to the extreme, and not in a quirky way. His personality trait is being an absolute wimp. He overthinks the stupidest shit, acts like a complete wuss in front of a pussy, is inconsistent with his values, selfish, unstable, pitiful, I could go on all day. We're somehow supposed to believe that he's an adult. He's not. He goes as far as to reject the sexual advances of an attractive (and willing) partner for absolutely no reason other than to show us how much of a coward he is. Then he goes into a boo-fucking-hoo internal monologue about how he's not even a man for rejecting the aforementioned sexual advances, really throwing some disgusting self-loathing on the reader's face as if the guy wasn't already pitiful enough. Oh, and yeah, self-loathing is a recurring theme with this fucking ape of a protagonist. The manchild isn't even old enough to play the game that he's in.
    Another stupid thing about the plot is how they go for the classic "but I have to go back to my world" trope while giving the reader NO SPECIFIC REASON AS TO WHY. The protagonist just says some vague garbage about his "responsibility as an individual" being in his original world. He doesn't have a wife, kids or even a solid goal that can only be achieved in his world. He just thinks and behaves like every isekai harem protagonist for the sake of artificial conflict.
    Also, don't let the tags fool you. There is NTR in this management cuckold simulator. It's just a more lighthearted one. So lighthearted, in fact, that it has no reason to even be there. As far as I went into the story, there's at least one unavoidable scene where each girl services one of the customers, one of those scenes being just a hallucination. After that, only the girl you select for the service will be doing it. The reason why the NTR is pointless is because it plays no role in the actual gameplay or the story. The tips you get for the service are laughable, and you don't even get different scenes as the game progresses. Instead of putting this softcore NTR in the game, they could've simply fleshed out the actual maid café aspects of it, or maybe even fixed the fucking game. The relevance of the whole cum-collecting business is completely arbitrary and unnecessary, so much so that it is hardly brought up throughout the game. What does that leave us with? Well, the only reason for the soft NTR to exist is to have some kind of sexual content in-between the moments where the protagonist recovers his human body and is able to have sex himself. Speaking of him, he's a full-on cuckold. He sees the angel as a pure and innocent little thing that needs to be protected, but doesn't even have the balls to speak up while she offers to "make the customers happy". Granted, that's just the game's way of making a sex scene happen, but it only serves to show how 1) the protagonist doesn't deserve his penis rights, and 2) the weak-ass NTR is completely unnecessary and only used for padding. I could go on but I'm tired of typing. This game isn't worth the energy. Let's cut to the chase:

Don't play it.
    If you do, play it on easy mode and skip the dialogue. The art is good.
    If you don't wish to skip the dialogue, keep in mind that the bad translation doesn't make the already bad writing look any prettier.
  8. 1.00 star(s)

Alfre4u

Honestly might just be bad mood and worth a 2 star, but this game a joke it feels and assume was/would be a phone ap flash game.. from like 5 years ago.

Quick Tips (with also more info) for those interested:

There is no intro... read description that intro

stack chairs/tables far left: increases chance of you being able to click get $ give customer girl to screw.
    (yep horrible implemented building+when they offer/want): will be semi annoying trying to stack in all 1 place but it hard to put the stuff down by default so no big and better because makes them not exit at same time they want/offer bonus.

Girls will eventually say love me or no
    (the ONLY choice entire game) top:yes bottom:no (in case you skip there no rewind and most conversations not worth reading so this random choice pop-up might be mega surprise)
    (no all 3 =instant game over yep instant game over....)

click and hold mouse in food menu to scroll (wheel HORRIBLE) pretend it a phone app game and you fingering it like it is.

Don't bother upgrading the girls skills waist of $
    (each upgrade would make EA and Ubisoft jelly like 1-4%odds)
    Do Upgrade yours at top (management)

Play on easy mode then when buying food just click each each day and click buy it will auto know how much food needed

Press on+off fast forward if you want higher chance to click the customers
    (doesn't seem to register always otherwise)

Last off Play different inn management game and just grab full gallery if you want a quick enjoyment of average sex of this graphic type.