VN - Others - Completed - Beat Angel Escalayer R [Final] [Alicesoft]

1. 2.00 star(s)

PepperMan

Took maybe 7-10 hours to complete "basic" love route, then I played for 4 hours more and got 60-70% down brutality route before I dropped the game after finally getting completely bored with the absolutely no-stakes or choiceful gameplay.

Art: looks good.
    Story: exists and is fine. The most shoulder shrugging fine I could muster
    Characters: On a scale, I lean towards liking them
    Music: I guess it was there?
    Gameplay: mediocre with pretty much 0 failure potential if you got even the slightest dice roll probability management, which means theres no risk.
    Search command has 0 use to find out the enemy stats given how easy you can get CP to just stay way ahead of enemy stats and is instead wasting a turn because for some godforsaken reason you can't attack unidentified enemies, Combat is some of the worse dice based combat i've experienced, the different attack options are terrible (just go hook and cutter) and the charge system means that a specialized setup (IE a buff remover skill VS a buffing enemy) has a bad consistency and just feels like a waste of space. I despise how all passive skills are permanently removed if ever taken off the skill setup.

I've seldom felt a more bland and homogenous gameplay experience
    Probably the worst AliceSoft game I've played, and played 80-90% of the translated catalogue.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

mattemagic

Not as good as the Haruka but still a worth while playthrough. You can use Cheat Engine to manipulate values to beat the game faster but definitely not needed.

I love the art style and the gradual corruption of the main character
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Zakkuri

Simply an incredibly good Alicesoft game.

Far superior to Beat Blades Haruka, which had some of the worst story and gameplay I've seen from Alicesoft. The story is simple, with high stakes and good pacing. The combat is similarly simple but requires minding in the form of stat development. And the H covers a wide variety of bases. Several endings and routes for your characters to go down.