Others Beat Banger [v4.1 Hotfix] [BunFan Games]

4.30 star(s) 49 Votes

Snejock

Dec 28, 2020
I'm curious, which version is better to download? Should I buy it on Steam (while there's a discount) or download it from here for free? What's the difference? And what's the cum patch about?

avaglegon

Apr 13, 2020
I'm curious, which version is better to download? Should I buy it on Steam (while there's a discount) or download it from here for free? What's the difference? And what's the cum patch about?
- The most recent versions are generally best, but if you're downloading mods you'd probably want to download the "legacy" version ( ) as well since people still make mods for it. Release versions have an in-game mod converter but it's not great IMO.
- Buying it on Steam would save the hassle of checking here every so often to see if it's updated, but updates are also pretty infrequent. As far as I can tell there's functionally no difference between any version uploaded here and the Steam version since the only online access is for downloading mods in-game.
- The CUM patch is a (now abandoned) community patch that made a bunch of improvements and reintegrated some features that were left out after the game got rebuilt for an engine update. It's not actively updated anymore, I'm pretty sure the guy who made it mostly stopped doing BB stuff other than an improved version of the standalone level maker.

Reactions: NowInDaZone

Snejock

Dec 28, 2020
- The most recent versions are generally best, but if you're downloading mods you'd probably want to download the "legacy" version ( ) as well since people still make mods for it. Release versions have an in-game mod converter but it's not great IMO.
- Buying it on Steam would save the hassle of checking here every so often to see if it's updated, but updates are also pretty infrequent. As far as I can tell there's functionally no difference between any version uploaded here and the Steam version since the only online access is for downloading mods in-game.
- The CUM patch is a (now abandoned) community patch that made a bunch of improvements and reintegrated some features that were left out after the game got rebuilt for an engine update. It's not actively updated anymore, I'm pretty sure the guy who made it mostly stopped doing BB stuff other than an improved version of the standalone level maker.
Thanks!

So... If I want mess with mods better to download 2 games. And if I don't want to wait for newest updates better buy game instead of waiting for latest patch here?

And did you know something about beat banger 2? Or they abadone this idea?

avaglegon

Apr 13, 2020
Thanks!

So... If I want mess with mods better to download 2 games. And if I don't want to wait for newest updates better buy game instead of waiting for latest patch here?

And did you know something about beat banger 2? Or they abadone this idea?
For mods, having both Release and Legacy would be best. You can download mods , they're labelled with what version they're for. Buying the game would be more convenient especially since it's fairly cheap, but the person uploading the newest versions here is usually pretty quick.

I don't think there's ever been mention of a sequel, but there is a planned "Act 2" with second levels for all of the characters from Act 1. But Act 1 isn't even done and probably won't be for a while, so it's not very clear when Act 2 will actually happen.

sukubot

May 12, 2023
Kom revealed some of the storyboard scenes for the next Volume
Cant even deliver the dawna scene. After how much? I lost the count of the months. Cant believe the guy fired the newbie instead of working with him, the fucker is in full milking mode. Cant complain since i didnt lost a single penny on the game, but he's really shameless. Didnt he took the money for two gay acts too? Why not let the newbie work on them? We dont even know how old is that storyboard.

avaglegon

Apr 13, 2020
Okay, I think people here just made up Upesito being fired from whoever shared Kom's return to animating wondering if he got fired. He's still in the Discord as an "Art Director," and AFAIK there's no way to check previous Discord nicknames, so I have no way to confirm if he was ever labelled as an animator. Anyways...
08-21-24_103533_Discord.png
Judging from this screenshot and Kom's streams: another animator, Koga, on the team made most of the sketches for Dawna, and Kom is doing the final versions.

Don't get me wrong, there's still absolutely poor management if Kom is the only one doing the final animations when he has a team, among other pointless decisions (anyone like UI updates?). I'm just annoyed that everyone here thinks this guy got fired.

Reactions: floran

Haoss

Jul 28, 2020
You know, on one hand I think people vastly underestimate how hard it is to get a game working and looking good. A game isn't a phyton script you can ask chatGPT to create overnight, it has much more than just programming involved and anyone that has worked even a little in anything IT related knows that the more moving parts your project has, the bigger the chance it'll all break gloriously in a way you can't even understand why.

That being said, this is also a shining example of how Patreon is fundamentally incompatible with supporting game projects. Patreon is a race against time and developing a game is a marathon. You'll either rush updates that look like trash or have long periods of nothing visibly happening while getting paid for it, and none of these is a good look. I just hope this can eventually get over the finish line, I'd hate to see yet another furry project with big potential going under yet again. I fear the game just won't withstand a couple more "hotfix" updates.

floran

May 20, 2020
Okay, I think people here just made up Upesito being fired from whoever shared Kom's return to animating wondering if he got fired. He's still in the Discord as an "Art Director," and AFAIK there's no way to check previous Discord nicknames, so I have no way to confirm if he was ever labelled as an animator. Anyways...
View attachment 3953449
Judging from this screenshot and Kom's streams: another animator, Koga, on the team made most of the sketches for Dawna, and Kom is doing the final versions.

Don't get me wrong, there's still absolutely poor management if Kom is the only one doing the final animations when he has a team, among other pointless decisions (anyone like UI updates?). I'm just annoyed that everyone here thinks this guy got fired.
Take everything said here with a truckload of salad, and not just this game but all of f95.
For some reason, people getting games for free are also the most critical.

• Sad
Reactions: Axis3123

Axis3123

Apr 1, 2020
Take everything said here with a truckload of salad, and not just this game but all of f95.
For some reason, people getting games for free are also the most critical.
Can attest...I'm (kinda) one of them, but I at least try to see the dev(s) point of view, the positives and the negatives.

...you know, being rational!

Kevodi

Mar 14, 2023
View attachment 3953449

can you send me discord link?because for me it's expired

4.30 star(s) 49 Votes