Others Beat Banger [v4.1 Hotfix] [BunFan Games]

4.30 star(s) 49 Votes
Oct 18, 2018
I kinda wish they'd do more content updates, but I get it.

The popularity of this game came from its community, and the community is built on being able to mod and share. They want to really make sure that the tools that the community wanted are as comprehensive as they need to be and work as desired. I can't blame them for appealing to their actual base.

Reactions: Snowsexxx32
Nov 18, 2017
I kinda wish they'd do more content updates, but I get it.

The popularity of this game came from its community, and the community is built on being able to mod and share. They want to really make sure that the tools that the community wanted are as comprehensive as they need to be and work as desired. I can't blame them for appealing to their actual base.
What the hell are you glazing them for... This is a video game. Video games should have content in them and not rely on modders. This is getting ridiculous. I was legitimately planning on supporting them back in the day when it was actually getting content updates every once in a while. But after what they've shown us, there's no way in hell I'd support this in any way.

The only thing I am glad of is that they showed their true colors right before I was gonna financially support the development. Thank gods I use this site to figure out what to support and what not to.

Oct 18, 2018
What the hell are you glazing them for... This is a video game. Video games should have content in them and not rely on modders. This is getting ridiculous. I was legitimately planning on supporting them back in the day when it was actually getting content updates every once in a while. But after what they've shown us, there's no way in hell I'd support this in any way.

The only thing I am glad of is that they showed their true colors right before I was gonna financially support the development. Thank gods I use this site to figure out what to support and what not to.
I don't follow the game's development super closely anymore, but I was in the community back when it was just starting to transition out of being a concept with levels made using well-known characters instead of originals. When the official version of the game first came out, it was mostly content releases because it would be ridiculous not to start with that. It was proof of concept for what the future development of the game would look like. It gave us real examples of how the new game would work and they were able to collect feedback. Since then, the whole thing was overhauled and tools were developed for modders, because that was one of the most active parts of the game's early supporters: the people who made new levels and the people who enjoyed playing those levels or were drawn to the game after seeing those levels.

It's not that they aren't working on anything, it's that they're actually putting the old fans first. I've seen how fast Kom can put content together, but programming takes their team more time. A lot more time. I'm sure that when all of the stuff under the hood is done, updates will start coming much faster.

avaglegon

Apr 13, 2020
I don't follow the game's development super closely anymore, but I was in the community back when it was just starting to transition out of being a concept with levels made using well-known characters instead of originals. When the official version of the game first came out, it was mostly content releases because it would be ridiculous not to start with that. It was proof of concept for what the future development of the game would look like. It gave us real examples of how the new game would work and they were able to collect feedback. Since then, the whole thing was overhauled and tools were developed for modders, because that was one of the most active parts of the game's early supporters: the people who made new levels and the people who enjoyed playing those levels or were drawn to the game after seeing those levels.

It's not that they aren't working on anything, it's that they're actually putting the old fans first. I've seen how fast Kom can put content together, but programming takes their team more time. A lot more time. I'm sure that when all of the stuff under the hood is done, updates will start coming much faster.
Honestly, I do somewhat understand the current state of development (or at least the mindset that would cause it). Work on a big project, get hung up on old work you now dislike, "fix" it, repeat. Obviously refinement isn't bad, but too little vertical development (as in new stuff) starts to get frustrating for supporters. I think with BB specifically, this "refinement loop" wouldn't be as annoying if it weren't for the fact that Volume 1 still isn't complete. All of the modding support, UI updates, and animation changes are happening *during* Volume 1 development, so it comes off as getting in the way of V1's completion. If it was instead happening between volumes, I think people would be at least a little more tolerant.

sukubot

May 12, 2023
So much crazy coping. It's been at least a year since the last act (and it's probably more, but i discovered BB last year, so...) and Kom didnt deliver crap save some dumb menu overhaul. He hired a new guy that was actually doing a good job and he fired him because he got jealous. The core game is fine since forever, he doesnt deliver actual content because it's more easy to tweaks useless stuff and pretend he done something, like he was a lazy middle schooler. No need to get mad as long you dont pay for it, but i see no reason to come up with crazy excuses either when the truth is so clear.

Claroquesi

May 16, 2020
So much crazy coping. It's been at least a year since the last act (and it's probably more, but i discovered BB last year, so...) and Kom didnt deliver crap save some dumb menu overhaul. He hired a new guy that was actually doing a good job and he fired him because he got jealous. The core game is fine since forever, he doesnt deliver actual content because it's more easy to tweaks useless stuff and pretend he done something, like he was a lazy middle schooler. No need to get mad as long you dont pay for it, but i see no reason to come up with crazy excuses either when the truth is so clear.
Was that artist fired? I didn't know that

4.30 star(s) 49 Votes