Mihawkgod

Oct 5, 2019
i
There are a few that come to mind that are similar to this one, at least in kink. Big Rooster quoted one already. Outside of that-

Still In Development:
Exciting Games [Regular updates, good kink scenario writing, not really a fan of the heroine's artstyle. Overall a good read.]
The Adventurous Couple [Used to be good. But then it was remade but it didn't do it any favors. Cool art, decent'ish story.]
Jessica O'Neil's Hard News [Good story, good artstyle. Slow dev however. Too many cliffhangers. Looses impact.]
A Life Worth Living [Decent story, decent artstyle and decent updates. Overall another good read, though lacks repeatability value atm]
The Motel [A interestingly different take on an absurd story. Decent CG works with varied kink paths. A bit too focused on the wife having fun only with other paths suffering a bit.]

Completed:
Deliverance [An investigation drama sprinkled with sharing of the wife. Pretty cool with the kinks, story is a bit under-cooked. Long too.]
My Future Wife [Not too bad, not too great either. The dev seems to tackle multiple stuff, hence lack of impact. Overall, read and forget]
Adelaide Inn [Focused on sharing the wife, with a few exceptions of husband dicking around. One of the better offerings from the dev]
A Happy Marriage [Story starts out well, but then becomes a mess. Still, has similar kinks and decent CG works. Forgettable.]
The Engagement [A bit on the shorter side. Fails to explore the kinks properly. Too much focus on harem. A decent read overall]

Be advised, my ratings are on the harsher side, not because I dislike these works, but because I am somewhat drawing parallels with "Because I love her". Subtracting TheTypist's speed, I consider this game as one of the top tiers in quality in this genre. My opinions are my own, as your mileage might vary with the above titles. Recommend keeping your expectations reasonable and playing them yourself to make your own mind.
Thank you. I have already have played most of them. You are right, none of them come close to this one. Exciting games and adventurous couple were aight but the renders were iffy, JOHN is dead in the water, all the completed games and a life worth living are ok at best. I will try the motel thats the new one you said.

Reactions: LonerPrime

atlas114

Engaged Member
May 4, 2017
posted yesterday for free on his Patreon. take his promises with a grain of salt because it was only a few months ago that it was “soon” and then just another 10 days and then another week:

No release today :/
16 hours ago
Hey again, sorry to let you all down right now once again.

I want to be open and vulnerable with everyone for a second. I am so lucky to be in a position where I have so many fans eagerly waiting for my work to drop any minute. Having such a passionate fan base is a genuine blessing and it comes with the heartache of feeling disappointed in my self when I let you guys down. I know you guys are patient and some are eager.
I have been working overtime on the game just trying to finish the last few things and it feels like it never ends, just looking at the same things over and over again, feeling overwhelmed like i'm pushing myself mentally and physically. And I feel like I have no reason to complain because I really am fortunate to have a game people want to play so badly.
Anyways, I'm just letting off some steam and trying to open up to you guys to let you know how I feel. I know it's considered burnout, but it comes with the job and I think what keeps me going most is your guys' love for the game as well as my outlook towards the future. I am being honest, I love working on the game, period. But I am always so excited towards the end of each update to work on the other paths after seeing the same thing almost daily for months.
So, I'm in the final stretch and I will finish up here soon, and by soon I do mean preferably within the next week or so. I have to, simply because I owe it to everyone including myself and i'm literally right there at the finish line.
But I can't do another 10 hour day over and over because it feels like I'm so overwhelmed that I only accomplish 3 hours of work staring at my screen anxiously. If I break it down into smaller parts and spend some time with people around me I'll feel healthy again and more eager to get it done I feel.
Sorry for the wall of text. I just wanted to tell you all what I'm experiencing in the hopes of being transparent and open, because I was beginning to feel quite anxious about the whole thing.
Love you guys, and I'll keep you posted in the coming week, and yes I will release more teasers to keep everyone happy while you wait :)

Lord Bradley

May 28, 2019
I am usually trying to be very forgiving to developers when they struggle to put out updates as creative process can be very taxing on mental health when you do it industrially not as a hobby every now and then, and also there are sometimes real life factors interrupting the process. However the stuff produced at the end of the day have to live up to something. If my memory serves there were a lot of delays and promises for the latest update as well and if it came out great that would mitigate it heavily and positive emotions would quickly overtake the negative ones. But I think the update left impression of a facade to me, something that was quickly done last minute just to shut up the growing groans from audience. So I find it hard to feel sorry for whatever sad story developer puts forward because I don't want to feel like a fool after keeping up the positivity only to be met with a lousy update considering time awaited. Always happy to be proven wrong tho, good luck!

atlas114

Engaged Member
May 4, 2017
yea it’s only the love route which doesn’t interest me. check back at the end of the year maybe.

given his track record and lack of consistent updates (and tendency to disappear and not say shit for months) i can see why people are hesitant to pledge money to him for that.

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
yea it’s only the love route which doesn’t interest me. check back at the end of the year maybe.

given his track record and lack of consistent updates (and tendency to disappear and not say shit for months) i can see why people are hesitant to pledge money to him for that.
I admit I have yet to play this game bought it on steam when it was sale. Figured id wait to play I just recall loving the graphics and looks of the characters was enough to sell me as I did breifly check it out on here before it came to steam. So im unsure what path im gonna like more but i'm willing to bet the love route gonna be for me has I love me some hand holding , head pets and romance. With that being said I wished I waited to buy it or never did at all as I bought it cause I heard an update was gonna be soon so figure wait till then to play it but had no idea this dev had such a bad track record with updates.

txjdyhm

Aug 31, 2022
I am usually trying to be very forgiving to developers when they struggle to put out updates as creative process can be very taxing on mental health when you do it industrially not as a hobby every now and then, and also there are sometimes real life factors interrupting the process. However the stuff produced at the end of the day have to live up to something. If my memory serves there were a lot of delays and promises for the latest update as well and if it came out great that would mitigate it heavily and positive emotions would quickly overtake the negative ones. But I think the update left impression of a facade to me, something that was quickly done last minute just to shut up the growing groans from audience. So I find it hard to feel sorry for whatever sad story developer puts forward because I don't want to feel like a fool after keeping up the positivity only to be met with a lousy update considering time awaited. Always happy to be proven wrong tho, good luck!
every 10-12month this dev will work 3hours to make this game looks not abandoned,so he can still get money in patrenon.

Yes, every 10-12 months is a cycle. In the first month, he claims that the next update will be released soon, then he will be silent for two months, and then repeat this process until the deadline comes, when he feels that he can no longer delay,because abandoned tag is on the way, he will finally open the damn game development folder and work sloppily for 3 hours.so u can play for 5minute.

He's a pro at milking, but a sloppy game developer - he used to have talent, but it's gone for long

Last edited:

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
Makes completely no sense to me how the love route can be so hard to be done to the point it's praticaly in a limbo right now. Add to that previous posts of dev right here from last year saying love route was almost finished, he just released the lust route first so people could have something to play earlier, and that this is yet just the second half of "episode 1-chapter 4" this content has been "in development" for almost TWO YEARS right now. And again: seems like it's in a limbo.
This whole shitshow of development of the love route makes no sense to me.

May 30, 2017
every 10-12month this dev will work 3hours to make this game looks not abandoned,so he can still get money in patrenon.

Yes, every 10-12 months is a cycle. In the first month, he claims that the next update will be released soon, then he will be silent for two months, and then repeat this process until the deadline comes, when he feels that he can no longer delay,because abandoned tag is on the way, he will finally open the damn game development folder and work sloppily for 3 hours.so u can play for 5minute.

He's a pro at milking, but a sloppy game developer - he used to have talent, but it's gone for long
then he will say he sorry and disappointed but bla bla and then the circle continues.

Reactions: txjdyhm

Turret

Forum Fanatic
Jun 23, 2017
You guys know what the most repulsive thing to any audience? It's when Dev goes silent. Absolatum ridiculasum bullshitatum.
Well, that is "the Typist" for you at his best! Telling a tale then going silent for many months is his usual tactic. I like the game and I am happy if something new comes out, but I do not believe anything the Dev says.

LonerPrime

Apr 9, 2018
Disheartening is the amount of people that still respond to his posts.
Screenshot 2024-07-29 015251.png
It's like watching a crowd of people smitten with the game and filled with hope that someday they will get their promised content for sure..- but will they?

Normally, I'm almost always on the side of devs. Even if there is a large gap between updates, as long as they keep showing up regularly and discuss their progress backed by game logs and screenshots, I retain faith. Not every dev is full time and quite a few hold day jobs alongside. It's unfair to stress them out for a release.

But this.. I don't know how to feel about this at all. It's rarely game updates that are showcased and more how "XYZ" happened and there will be more delays. Typist, I'd be in your corner dude. But boy do you not make it easy.

Last edited:
3.40 star(s) 95 Votes