Beginner Developper

Is this a good start into 3D work on Daz 3D?

• Yes

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • There is room for improvement

Votes: 8 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NSF-95

Jun 28, 2018
I'm trying to work on a new game and I'm currently testing out some 3D Work to put out. This is some art that I'm working on using some default testing mats so please some experienced advice would be great on how to get better results out of 3D work and if you like what you see please consider checking out my patreon page :)

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
honestly...

just do a demo and release it.
even bad, that's by far the best way to have opinion that would lead to help. lots of peoples will give you various opinions and help like "this is not good, you should do that" etc..

for me, its by far the best way to progress and get help. getting help from others devs or else will simply lead you into the "deja vu" style.

do it like you feel, release a demo, and get opinions.
best way ever.

trust me :)
(or not.. as you wish XD)

NSF-95

Jun 28, 2018
Thank you very much for your advice. I do agree with you, the people know best but it is not going take time for me to able to release something mainly because of hardware issues and render times and other factors that I need to sort out but anyways thanks for the insightful recommendation! definitely will do!

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
Thank you very much for your advice. I do agree with you, the people know best but it is not going take time for me to able to release something mainly because of hardware issues and render times and other factors that I need to sort out but anyways thanks for the insightful recommendation! definitely will do!
its better to take your time and come out in a blast, than doing quick and fail :)

i prefer peopels who take their time, even if what's come out is small, as long its good. its better than quick'n'shit XD

NSF-95

Jun 28, 2018
its better to take your time and come out in a blast, than doing quick and fail :)

i prefer peopels who take their time, even if what's come out is small, as long its good. its better than quick'n'shit XD
True that it is my Moto, to be honest, so don't worry about me being rushy and shitty lol
but real quick I have a problem with a render on Daz 3D if you don't mind. It was uncolored and it's rendering colorless, I don't know how to fix this and it is frustrating me right now

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
True that it is my Moto, to be honest, so don't worry about me being rushy and shitty lol
but real quick I have a problem with a render on Daz 3D if you don't mind. It was uncolored and it's rendering colorless, I don't know how to fix this and it is frustrating me right now
happen t me sometime, a char is all white.
most of time its because a material is not loaded. seems that loading the scene again fix it for me.
i cant help alot, i m not a pro (yet) , and it depend of alots of things like how you render (iray, 3delight, scripted etc..), pc limit (ram , GPU etc..) and else.

you probably can find a solution on daz forum .try searching web with your problem like "daz 3d uncolored render bug" or something and you should find solution :)

Domiek

In a Scent
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2018
The single best bang for your buck in terms of cost to performance is paying the $30 a month to use Octane Render over Daz iRay. Since you're just starting out, may as well learn to use it now. It renders SO much faster, gives you a near instant live preview mode, and ultimately gives you more control and fine tuning.

Or you can do what I did and switch to Octane 6 months into my game release, which can get pretty awkward :cautious:

Conviction07

Game Developer
May 6, 2017
The single best bang for your buck in terms of cost to performance is paying the $30 a month to use Octane Render over Daz iRay. Since you're just starting out, may as well learn to use it now. It renders SO much faster, gives you a near instant live preview mode, and ultimately gives you more control and fine tuning.

Or you can do what I did and switch to Octane 6 months into my game release, which can get pretty awkward :cautious:
Agreed. We use Octane for one of the games I work on, and it's incredible how much much faster the renders can be (especially for darker scenes), as well as superior the live preview mode is to Iray. The only problem is the shockingly low amount of tutorials, which has been an issue for us when trying to make good looking skin.

Domiek

In a Scent
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2018
Agreed. We use Octane for one of the games I work on, and it's incredible how much much faster the renders can be (especially for darker scenes), as well as superior the live preview mode is to Iray. The only problem is the shockingly low amount of tutorials, which has been an issue for us when trying to make good looking skin.
Use Redspec skins. With only minor tweaking they work amazingly well.

Conviction07

Game Developer
May 6, 2017
Use Redspec skins. With only minor tweaking they work amazingly well.
We do. Even so, I still don't think it matches the quality of Iray. But I've seen some incredible skin with Octane, so there's obviously some techniques we're not aware of that would make for some big improvements. :unsure:

NSF-95

Jun 28, 2018

Sounds good man, mind sharing some links with me. I would love to learn how to use Octane but how would it work with Daz ?
I would appreciate a further elaboration on the subject. Thanks for the tips! :)
Btw loved your game, It is honestly a great experience along side great quality!

Last edited: