Beginner to Daz need opinions about first renders

Lexie06

Dev of "A New Horizon"
Game Developer
Nov 19, 2017
Hi, I have started Daz, I only did a few renders for the moment and I need some opinions pls
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
The 1st and 3rd if you not going for mood lighting then i'd suggest adding spot lights and brighting up the area. The quality looks good.
The second one is too much white light imo. Also have the girls maybe look at the camera that draws in the user into the image more. The models look dead if you know what i mean.
For first try it's good mate.

Reactions: Kaffekop

hw2121

Game Developer
Apr 13, 2018
Good first steps but would need a bit more fine-tuning.
Example for the second image: The shadow stratches onto the water and the clothing looks a bit unnatural in the center breast area.
Also I agree that the expressions seem a bit strange and (especially the third one) looks more like a mannequin than a human.

Aeilion

Jun 14, 2017
The first: I can not really comment on this image, it's a classic character with a spot on it. That being said, the hair looks poorly positioned on the skull (too much inside?) But I may be wrong.
In any case, no render will be good if you content yourself with a spot on your character.

The second: We are already getting closer to something interesting this being there is still a problem of light, always a spot (or distant light etc. ..) while it is necessary to succeed in a certain way to enlighten every part of the body to have a correct rendering. I invite you to learn about the methods of lighting in photography (3 spots or 4 spots etc ...)
You seem to be afraid of collisions, the right hand should be stuck to the thigh I think.

Third: Always the same problem of light so I will not come back on it ...

Apart from that I have not too much to say, it's basic with some concerns about clothes and potentially surfaces (difficult to say given the lighting) but it's really far from being the priority.

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
Also I agree that the expressions seem a bit strange and (especially the third one) looks more like a mannequin than a human.
Third one has the classic "dead eye stare" caused by having the eyes point exactly straight ahead (which our eyes almost never do.) A tiny shift (Eyes Left/Right, Eyes Up/Down) in the Posing settings (under "Head", btw) makes a huge difference. Also, fiddling with the upper and lower eyelids just a touch also makes a huge difference. (When we look down, our upper eyelids drop a bit, for example. If you don't do this, you get a "wide-eyed stare" effect.)

Reactions: Creeping Death

ltech

Apr 25, 2018
Not bad, remember your renders on early releases of your game do not need to be perfect and can just serve as place holders. You can always redo the renders in later versions of your game, by then you would have learned a lot more from practice. That is how I am approaching it for my first VN, I am more of a programmer than a artist, although I used to do 3d stuff about 15 years ago.

zegamez

Game Developer
May 22, 2019
For the first try, it's really not bad. But:
The first image is too dark; the second one is too bright. Also, all three renders have too sharp shadows. Use SpotLight to compensate for these shadows. Also, use HDRIs and read about three-point light. Play with Render Settings -> Tone Mapping -> Exposure Value (and other settings.)

All three characters positioned not bad except the dead-eye stare as it was told above. If the last girl mainly watches TV, make the eyepoint a bit lower and move it to the right/left; if she looks at somebody, make the eyepoint a bit higher; if she just gets pleasure, make her roll her eyes a bit or use any sexy expression.