Beginners guide to HTML games?

MizRo

Jul 15, 2018
I'm wondering if there is a beginners guide to making HTML games. It looks like the easiest way to make a game for someone with no programming background, like me, but i still have no idea where to begin. Is there a guide like this somewhere or do some people here have some startup tips?

Reactions: UltraSymmetrical

fearsa

Aug 6, 2017
Many of the games tagged as HTML are made in Twine - an "interactive fiction engine" which is very noob friendly. If that is what you are looking for you can find guides by searching for Twine guide on the web. It has its limitations though, but would get you familiar with the basic mindset of "programming" a game.

Whale_Shark

Talking Shark. Developer of Confidence Man
Game Developer
Sep 12, 2020
I'm wondering if there is a beginners guide to making HTML games. It looks like the easiest way to make a game for someone with no programming background, like me, but i still have no idea where to begin. Is there a guide like this somewhere or do some people here have some startup tips?
Just curious did you decide to learn Twine and make a game?

Reactions: ciabet9ck
Sep 29, 2021
I don't know if the OP will reply at this point, but there is a short explainer on HTML(5). You can just use notepad.