RPGM - Completed - Behind the Truth: The Reckoning [v1.0 Final] [AstRider]

1. 2.00 star(s)

Deleted member 1808184

What can I say? Combat animations are slow, english all over the place, hints/tips system is useless, the event chaining is either coded poorly or simply make no sense at all - I will assume the numerous plot holes are because the game is skipping checks, I am pretty sure I was supposed to speak to a NPC before doing some things in game...

...Assuming you even know what NPC, in first place.
    Mapping bugs, I won't even waste my breath with.

Oh, you also cannot revisit dungeons, but you can grind in the leveling map... Where I usually one-shot enemies, only need to walk back and forth, and I do not think it provides nearly as much EXP and GP as the game seems to think.

It is terrible, actually, and I'll probably never see past the second dungeon, but the developer did put effort into doing this, and I guess for some people, all this might be negligible so... I do not recommend it, but I'll give two stars.

(Version 1.0)
    EDIT: Ah, I also took the freedom to disable the annoying screen tinting based on time of the day. Probably would have stopped before otherwise.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Cloe-chan

this is one of the games i always come back to every once in a while just to see how much content has been added and it was never a dissapointment
    cant wait to be able to do a full playthrough of this game once its fully done
  3. 2.00 star(s)

rance4747

Story wise - I'm gonna join some rebelion I know nothing about, just because. I'm gonna rape this girl here, but later make an excuse to look morally grey and be nice to others, just because.
    Im gonna claim some cursed sword to control my unlimited power, only to later get into "I lost because I was too weak" situation, with a barely known character death that is suppose to act as my motivation to progress further. Just because.

Also, PC is literally the last of his kind that was sealed away for an unspecified period of time, yet everybody seem to know and fear the power of "dragon warior/berserker/dont remember", and despite that, he is still treated as an errant boy.

Level design wise - a search for needle in a haysack. Thanks to non existentent signs on who this particular character is, you have to manually remember the name of each one, exept for the times when such names werent even given, but you still must go to that specific person you know next to nothing about.
    Lack of proper journal, and any sign on which areas are accesable and which are not, is just a cherry on top.

As an exmple of such stellar explanation - you have to reach your first grind dungeon. Did anyone mentioned that the dungeon entrance is actually a portal located in some pitch black room on the second floor of some merchant camp? No? Well tough shit, you'll have to poke around trough all of the world map, and later all of the camp map, to figure it out. Or alternatively, google it, cause hint feature is useless 90% of the time.
    Also, after all that search and bullshit story telling- sex scenes of a mediium quality feel like lackluster reward.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

cypriano

I just loved the game, I'm really looking forward to seeing the story unfold
    I really liked this system of class, this is super cool, the story is cool, it's a little confusing at first,but then everything becomes clearer, some of the rpgm I had the most fun playing <3 (Sorry for my bad english)
  5. 2.00 star(s)

SakuraKoi

When the beginning is a mess, a work is simply doomed. Even with the information that it supposedly becomes better, I ran out of patience after the 2nd H scene. As much as I previously enjoyed certain YT channels trashing RPG Maker trash, I never did and will enjoy playing those by myself even if some fair H is the reward.

-Story? What story? One bounces from one point to another which is made tiresome by the lack of text.
    -Characters? Again, with too little text, a character being the DID who instantly falls in love is just awful.
    -Don't get me started on the map design and apparent bugs. I sure got the equipment to stop random encounters ASAP, just to be unable to let the holder join me when I was supposed to find the first dungeon. (Give her time, for what?!)
    -Never ever mind how often I did sequence-break since the hint system is not as of much help as it is supposed to be.

Little English skills resulted in writing little which in return resulted in even more little contextual clues. I basically gave a bonus star because I can very much see the potential that perhaps has already been implemented but the highest priority must be then to fix the beginning. Just by the volume of H content (I did not see, only fathom) I think that much more than just $28 per month could be made.

I sincerely wish for this project to succeed but this poor review is the logical consequence of my lasting frustration (I already let it simmer for a day). It may also get me to re-view BtT when it (the beginning) is remade, till then, this is a serious warning for everyone.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

TheSeakeer

I told since 0.02 that I would give my conclusion when the game was more developed and man... It has a lot of content now. I played it for 6 hours quite now, that's because I cheated to speed up But, I have to say that it was better than I expected. I even logged to write this. But I wanted to make three criticisms of the game from my point of view!

1 °: You develop the characters very fast, this is good for the H scenes, but for the story, it can be a bit tangled. I don't understand why you "defeat Gilgamesh" for example, and then she is a Goddess? It's a little bit messy. The same happens with Johanna, she dies, then when she comes back, she is already our wife... I think you can improve a little in this way.

2nd: You could do a "Fix" at the beginning of the game, using more character transfer (tool Rpg maker) instead of making us walk around the map that much, the map is quite big and at the beginning, we don't have the translocation spell.

3 °: Your game doesn't seem like the kind of game you can use to make a system of corruption, we are strong and we always have what we want. I don't think there's any need for you to take the trouble to make a system of corruption.

Now leaving the criticisms aside, I would like to talk about the good side (which has a lot but I will summarize it so it doesn't get boring to read):

1: You use some very nice songs, besides being very diverse in Japanese, Rock, and Medieval, I found it very fun to hear.
    2: The story of the game is almost a magic formula, we are the overpower protagonists and we want to take over the world, but that's not all when you play. There is always some loss in your earnings, it was like that with Johanna, with the Kingdom of Westville, etc. This ending made it clear that we are weak compared to Maou-sama, Gilgamesh, and that blue girl (I forgot the name auhsujauhsj) , which indicates that we will have more coming ahead and more desire to become stronger.
    3: There is a good variety of "strokes and strategies" in the game, of course, you can't take its battle system and say it's The Last Sovereign 2 deluxe mode version Behind the truth, etc. But, I can say that we have a variety that aims to have more than multiple strategies.
    4: I think it is cool to be able to make Ascensions in the game, I found it very interesting how the characters get stronger according to the story, I think you could still balance Dony and Ravenskhan, they are very inept at times, I almost I don’t use them, I would find it kind of disconcerting to be able to do this (Ascension) with everyone in the game, but it has characteristics that justify it, like Each ascended character having a share of Siegfried in them I thought was great, besides it makes sense for you and the hero to have a connection with a dungeon created by a God, and that every 100 years everything is repeated so that the world is evenhanded, but when dragons were gone, that balance went over, and everything is in the chaos that is now, I thought it was justified so I liked it as well.
    5: I noticed that both the English and images of the game are getting better, you are certainly dedicating yourself to what you are doing, realizing that it is clear that we can always expect better things. Few Devs have the patience you have, I've talked to you on Discord a few times even though you probably don't even know who I am (nick KirinT) and that's important because, before making a game, we have to work on our mind and intercommunication.

I wish you good luck and I hope you resolve that affair there of your job, I don't want the game to stop, especially now that it is getting more and more beautiful and funny to play. 4 Stars Deserved.

EDIT: IMPRESSIVE, YOU REALLY FIXED EVERYTHING! LoL
  7. 3.00 star(s)

Anon21

Lots of 'you can't go here yet' and a couple of serious bugs. People who like (or can stand) RPGM will not find interesting monsters to kill and areas to explore. People who don't will hate the large outdoor maps with random (pointless) encounters. Only found one 'sexytimes' before the plot creaked to a halt as I was teleported to meet someone who wasn't there.