Vainglorious

Jun 14, 2018
Why do so many people dislike the final part of Acting Lessons?
I'm not a big thriller fan. I usually figure them out in ten minutes or less. I don't find them exciting or entertaining.

Not so many, only a few.
I think there is probably more than a few. Guess it depends on how many we think of as a "few".

it's not dislike, it just hits the players with the feels
and if anything it's because forced romance with Megan as I can imagine a lot of people aren't into her like me
In my case it is dislike. Didn't make me feel anything other than dissatisfaction. I didn't care about the forced romance as it was part of the storyline. Didn't mind her burning to death either. The game is fine. I thought it was good for 4-5 chapters then it started going downhill.

This game (BaDIK), looks great so far. I know it's supposed to be based on college comedies. It doesn't feel that funny to me yet. Maybe if I had made different choices. Still I like it. I like the voice acting. I'm avoiding the slide puzzle and fighting minigame. Dunno what to spend my money on in game. The dev does good work. I won't let my dissatisfaction with his last game influence how I feel about this one. Kinda reminds me of Stephen King....books are great but he writes some of the worst endings I've ever read. Hopefully that won't be the case this time.

ShiShi!

Nov 28, 2017
This game (BaDIK), looks great so far. I know it's supposed to be based on college comedies. It doesn't feel that funny to me yet. Maybe if I had made different choices. Still I like it. I like the voice acting. I'm avoiding the slide puzzle and fighting minigame. Dunno what to spend my money on in game. The dev does good work. I won't let my dissatisfaction with his last game influence how I feel about this one. Kinda reminds me of Stephen King....books are great but he writes some of the worst endings I've ever read. Hopefully that won't be the case this time.
He's decided that he'll put the voice acting aside and will add voices once the game's finished. Wish I have a time machine right about now

Vamori

Oct 19, 2018
Well, first chapter railroaded af, choose whatever you want, end will be the same. Hope in the next chapters things will be better.

N7

セブン
Staff member
Donor
Apr 5, 2017

This week I mostly rendered animations but also a few scenes with static renders. The animation count is really coming along nicely... I'm not going to reveal the final count, yet, because it might increase.
All I can say is that it will kick Episode 1's ass. 54% of the animations have been rendered, but worth noting is that almost all long animations (8-17 seconds long) have been rendered to completion. The ones that remain are between 2-5 seconds long.
Today I counted the number of frames (1 frame = 1 static render) in the animations that are completed this far. I couldn't believe the final count. 3778 renders...and I'm not done yet.
To put that into perspective, Acting Lessons Episode 1-8 had ~5000 static renders. It is scary, but it's scary in a really good way.
This wouldn't be possible without you guys. You're the ones who've made it possible for me to upgrade my equipment to be able to handle this.
It can't be said enough, thank you all for the support. You make a huge difference in the development.

I've been writing a lot of dialogue this week and I just keep adding more scenes and thus more work for myself, but I know that the Episode will be so much better if I include those scenes.
I'm very close to wrapping up the final scene in terms of dialogue; this means I will have the boundaries for the Episode completed and have a better grasp of knowing how much work there's left to do.
After the dialogue is completed, what's left is to code the following things:
- Relationship and DIK scores
- Freeroam events
- Minigames
- Bios app
- Chat app
- A few more songs/sound effects

Other than that, it's just to continue to produce a large number of static renders and let the animations render to completion until the Episode is completed.
This weekend I plan to pose as many static renders as possible.
It's still too early to say a release date. But I'm so excited for this Episode!

Have a great weekend!
Dr PinkCake

yaccos

Mar 18, 2018

This week I mostly rendered animations but also a few scenes with static renders. The animation count is really coming along nicely... I'm not going to reveal the final count, yet, because it might increase.
All I can say is that it will kick Episode 1's ass. 54% of the animations have been rendered, but worth noting is that almost all long animations (8-17 seconds long) have been rendered to completion. The ones that remain are between 2-5 seconds long.
Today I counted the number of frames (1 frame = 1 static render) in the animations that are completed this far. I couldn't believe the final count. 3778 renders...and I'm not done yet.
To put that into perspective, Acting Lessons Episode 1-8 had ~5000 static renders. It is scary, but it's scary in a really good way.
This wouldn't be possible without you guys. You're the ones who've made it possible for me to upgrade my equipment to be able to handle this.
It can't be said enough, thank you all for the support. You make a huge difference in the development.

I've been writing a lot of dialogue this week and I just keep adding more scenes and thus more work for myself, but I know that the Episode will be so much better if I include those scenes.
I'm very close to wrapping up the final scene in terms of dialogue; this means I will have the boundaries for the Episode completed and have a better grasp of knowing how much work there's left to do.
- Freeroam events
- Minigames
- Bios app
- Chat app

Other than that, it's just to continue to produce a large number of static renders and let the animations render to completion until the Episode is completed.
It's still too early to say a release date. But I'm so excited for this Episode!

Have a great weekend!
Dr PinkCake
Great news thanks

badass

Jul 24, 2017

- Freeroam events
- Minigames
- Bios app
- Chat app

Have a great weekend!
Dr PinkCake
Even better than episode 1? Wow..

JohnPonn

Nov 15, 2017
To start with i Love Acting Lessons and have big respect for @DrPinkCake as a developer.
But one thing he keeps doing is really bad in my opinion. He refers to this as "Baked graphics" Instead of using clothes on the characters he simply paints there skin. To me this like going to a 5 star resturant and have perfect beef, a good wine, great aviance and then beeing served a can of peas. :unsure: The vist is ruined by that can of peas even if all the rest was perfect.

Some of that happend in AL and Leah in the toilet was by far the worst scene. In BaD first time i saw it was the gloves in this picture. Look closly. It's only paint. Gloves 1.jpg Then her stockings in this. Look at her toes. Foot 5.jpg I see new pictures from Discord and it seems this trend goes on. I wish he would change this method of baking because i really don't like the body paint style. Jilln.jpg Sagen.jpg

DrPinkCake

Cake Baker
Game Developer
Nov 13, 2018
To start with i Love Acting Lessons and have big respect for @DrPinkCake as a developer.
But one thing he keeps doing is really bad in my opinion. He refers to this as "Baked graphics" Instead of using clothes on the characters he simply paints there skin. To me this like going to a 5 star resturant and have perfect beef, a good wine, great aviance and then beeing served a can of peas. :unsure: The vist is ruined by that can of peas even if all the rest was perfect.

Some of that happend in AL and Leah in the toilet was by far the worst scene. In BaD first time i saw it was the gloves in this picture. Look closly. It's only paint. View attachment 267828 Then her stockings in this. Look at her toes. View attachment 267829 I see new pictures from Discord and it seems this trend goes on. I wish he would change this method of baking because i really don't like the body paint style. View attachment 267830 View attachment 267831
Are you implying that I overuse it? Yes, I used it on Leah, once.
Yes, Cathy and Jade both use it. Sage's gloves are also baked into the material in that picture.
You are wrong about Jill though. Those are clothes, which proves that it's not that evident. The same goes for the other four girls, also available on the discord; all clothes.
bella.png josy.png maya.png quinn.png
I believe I explained this to you before; sometimes it's a great solution to use baked clothes in animations as the risk of them clipping and completely ruining an animation that takes 10 days (yes, 10 whole 24/7 days) of rendering is zero. It's not why I used them, they looked good to me. I do admit that Leah's stockings were a big mistake, I learn by doing mistakes.
Please don't think it's a go-to method I use. It's something that will appear once in a while; it's not due to laziness, it's an active design choice. Cheers

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
I believe there are dames in real show biz that tape/wax/glue/stick their dresses on their assets to make them appear through clothing and enhance the long nose- eyes popping out - tongue rolling out - dribble pouring out - excitement on beholders. Seems like these are true dedicated to excite dames! Way to go Dr!

OldMoonSong

Jun 2, 2018
The girls are beautiful and there are some really funny moments, interesting story progression as well.
Some constructive criticism on scene lighting, (not sure if it's been mentioned yet,) the plane that's used for lightning is clearly reflected in the characters' eyes.
Some examples:
DIK_eyes.PNG DIK_eyes2.PNG DIK_eyes3.PNG

It looks quite unnatural, but it's pretty easy to fix. Lowering the opacity to something like 0.00001, would basically remove that effect. Or you could use a sphere rather than a plane to make the reflection round, might have a more natural-looking reflection.

Dependable_223

Engaged Member
Jan 3, 2019
The girls are beautiful and there are some really funny moments, interesting story progression as well.
Some constructive criticism on scene lighting, (not sure if it's been mentioned yet,) the plane that's used for lightning is clearly reflected in the characters' eyes.
Some examples:
View attachment 267893 View attachment 267894 View attachment 267895

It looks quite unnatural, but it's pretty easy to fix. Lowering the opacity to something like 0.00001, would basically remove that effect. Or you could use a sphere rather than a plane to make the reflection round, might have a more natural-looking reflection.
Is it me or does the first girl you meet actually look a bit like the mc mom in the 2nd picture ?

NeroZee

Jun 24, 2018
Funny i never noticed that the dream scene with Cathy had her gloves actually be just painted on her skin. I guess now that i look at her nails i can see it.
However honestly this just goes to show that these things are not that easy to spot especially if you don't really care to actively look for them. On top of that, I have never really been fan of handjob scenes in any of these games i haven't actually found one that really worked, most of them were either awkward or just not engaging but that Cathy scene was one of the best HJ scenes i've seen in any game. I was so distracted by how good the whole scene was that i never cared to think about whether or not her gloves were real or not.

If DrPinkCake can pull of more scenes like that, i don't care about baked clothes or whatever being used too often.

LP83

Engaged Member
Oct 13, 2016
Oh wow, EXCELENT 1st chapter
The renders look amazing, the girls are extremely HOT!
And the animations top notch! :D

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4.80 star(s) 1,498 Votes