Doublefrost

Jun 29, 2017
If this is true, I really hope the dev would provide a bit of clarity about that. The game is called being a DIK (dick), and there's a dick/chick personality scale in the game. If neutral is the best path, the game would be extremely misleading once again and another end-game let-down like AL.

And while I appreciate realism being important, I think realism is not something that works well with the dick/chick scale that's in the game. The point system pretty much treats dick/chick moves as equal-ish value while it isn't quite what it's like in real life. Not to mention the locked options in the future where you're forced to act certain way because of your points.

At the moment, I just play how I want to play, making decisions based on the situation. But I do worry that I'd be locked in into a path that I didn't feel like it represent my choices.
There does come a time in some of these games where you extract the rpas, decompile the rpycs and edit the conditionals to make it go your own way.

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
As you pointed out, what worries me is that Dik/Chick system. I know that title is "Being a Dik" but I would prefer just having relationship points.
Agreed. The good thing about relationship point is that it's essentially something that can only get better (i.e.: if you choose properly, your relationship points go up) with clear value that the higher your point means the better your progress is. The dick/chick system offers a more obscure system because it's asking you to choose whether you're a dick or a chick without necessarily knowing which one is the one that would lead to the outcome you want.

Dev will have to sort it out before system really messes up this promising game so it doesn't end up in a disaster like AL.
Call me skeptical, but I do feel that the dev purposely makes the game this way because he wanted the game to be different than most games out there. The question is whether he wanted to make a good game that is different, or simply a game that is different regardless whether that's actually a good thing or bad.

After the AL fiasco, I look at this game to see what kind of game dev decides to make. Did he learn anything from AL to make a better game? Or did he view AL as a resounding success that he'd try to replicate in a different setting? Time will tell and this game is the one that would decide whether I'd play more games by the dev in the future or not.

Yeah, @DrPinkCake needs to explain what he means by 'locked in'. Does it mean that we will no longer be able to make a choice outside our Qhick/Dik path? If that's true, that would be a problem for me. And where IS that point of no return? Should we make major choices contrary to our path just to avoid it?
The point of no return is when the DIK house is on fire and you have to choose whether to save Troy or put clothes on Derek.

On a more serious note, I think the point of no return would always be "too late" because it already take all of your past choices into consideration. So it's not something that you can fix right before that point. It's something that you could potentially have to go back to Episode 1 to get a different path.

Dik/Chick is not like being bad/good or rude/polite - it's more like you are acting in a way of an average male or female (and 'average' is a key here). For instance most of the guys would make Chad spit with his teeth like popcorn instead of calling out security (and it doesn't make them 'dicks').
I agree that dik/chick is not necessarily bad/good. But it's clearly done on purpose by the dev to name them in provocative way, and I don't think it's as easy to remind ourselves that being a dik is not the same as being a dick. While I'm sure the intent is more on the lighter side, it does disappoint me because I thought the game could've been presented in a better way.

wezu

Nov 5, 2017
What i dont like about these point systems, is there is inevitably going to be a "points" check in 1 of the 2 "routes" which forces me into picking choices earlier in the story (to unlock these choices) which goes against how i would like to play the game. Its the same in all the morality bars in games, Mass Effect being the obvious example.

DirtyMario

Jumping bitches since '85
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
Please just don't make Maya a slut for the HOTs :)
Somehow I feel like it's gonna be exactly that. He makes you fall in love with her and then watch her slowly degrade into a Jock booty call.

Also the Jock leader is totally Josy's secret boyfriend.

I sincerely hope I'm wrong about all of this.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
I hope there is a way to destroy both jocks and diks in this game... Maybe make them stay at each other throats. Since both houses threat the protagonist like shit. :devilish::devilish::devilish:

Cathy (math teacher) is hot. Makes me remember of a teacher i had a crush in school. :love:

Ps: Am i the only one who gets crazy vibes from Sage? better call the firefighters already! :LOL:

Reactions: Jeanjacquouile

Dirkmcstride

Sep 6, 2018
I did enjoy Acting lessons so much. Did not finish all of it yet tho. Have a little bit left.. But this game, wow, it has it all, humor, realistic feel to it and how the game catches you. The way characters personality shine through. This reminds me of my owh school days, getting this nostalgic feeling.. It's so easy to tell that this guy is both talented and enjoy what he does. For a first release this is just awesome. Most other devs on here just leech Patreon for all what it's worth not giving much back.. But this dev.. Awesome work dewd. I really hope some one notice you and give you the opportunity to build something big so that you can continue doing what you love and in return entertaining the masses givin them at least some escape from what ever shit hole they dances around in blind folded!

Support this dev!

Mytez

Engaged Member
Jul 28, 2017
Please just don't make Maya a slut for the HOTs :)
Pretty sure she's going to be one of the glory holes sluts (the expensive one not implemented) to pay for her tuition and she's going to be the first emotional strike of the game. My boy pinkcake really like to hit us with that kind of things.

Reactions: Rebeldad

Goblin Baily: DILF

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 29, 2017
Pretty sure she's going to be one of the glory holes sluts (the expensive one not implemented) to pay for her tuition and she's going to be the first emotional strike of the game. My boy pinkcake really like to hit us with that kind of things.
nah... the expensive one is Sage, and since she's dating chad, she's not on the menu

Rebeldad

Aug 7, 2018
What I figure also.. then later on your girl Josy gets admitted to college and is forced or such into whoredom.

Reactions: Mytez

ryonoreiji

Oct 20, 2017
I love the game, and all the work it has been put into it. I like the system, maybe the Chick part should be named something different and there should be a name for the grey part, and maybe have its own rewards.

For people that didn't notice, there are like 2 parts major dick/chick moments in this chapter, at those moments depending on you desision one fraction of the oposite end of the bar was blocked, that's what he meant by being locked. I imagine that if you chose Major Dick/chick always, in 10 chapters your bar locks you in dick/chick, or maybe if you chose one and the other you will be locked in the middle.

Still I like the system for replay value, One of my favorite kind of games is RPGs, and being able to replay the game more that once is awesome for me.

Also is jill voiced by llamaRCA from the Fallout Mods?

Personally I not a fan of the minigames, and I liked that you could chose not to play with them.
Also loved that if you replay the game, the extra renders you unlocked are unlocked for the replay. and you don't need to search for them again and again.

On my part Keep the good work and I'll keep playing future updates.

ZxCamyZx

May 14, 2018
Spoilers!

Dam i was not expecting getting fucking tazed at the end hahaa but on a serious note will we get revenge on the jocks and the hots/diks so far the mc is getting ganged by everyone #feelsbadman but other then that loveing the game :D

Goblin Baily: DILF

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 29, 2017
Spoilers!

Dam i was not expecting getting fucking tazed at the end hahaa but on a serious note will we get revenge on the jocks and the hots/diks so far the mc is getting ganged by everyone #feelsbadman but other then that loveing the game :D
if you clikc the dropdown menu under "insert" you can hide your text behind a spoiler

Chowdog

Jun 19, 2018
What in the FUCK was this game?

Holy shit, legit the best 0.1 i've ever played. The writing is so fucking good as well, holy shit

4.80 star(s) 1,498 Votes