N7

セブン
Staff member
Donor
Apr 5, 2017

Hi all!

I'm still on a break for one more week, but I've squeezed in some work since last status update.

The static render count has hit 2000 and I have 7 scenes and about 10-15 general coding tasks left to complete.

The PCs are rendering animations, the current completion of which is 67%. There have been a few animations this week that were a bit longer in duration, which naturally takes longer time to render.

The poll for "Special renders: Main girl" just ended and the winner in all polls was Isabella. I will be posting a preview of her special renders tomorrow.

acting_lessons.png

If you missed the big news this week, Acting Lessons is coming to Steam in August!

Today I got the final approval, so now I have to wait two weeks until I can release it, but I need some extra time to add achievements and Steam collectibles.

You can check out the store page on Steam here:
(You need to be logged in and allow adult content to be able to view the store page)

The price will be $9.99 with a 10% discount during the first week. I will update the Patreon download links to the same version as the Steam build when it's released.

Have a nice weekend!

Dr PinkCake

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
Possibility for twins to have different fathers is extremely rare conditions
A little biology here then. Of the twins around the world 2/3 of them are fraternal twins and only 1/3 are identical. Twins are born from the same batch of ovum, which die within 24 hours. This is the "unsafe" day. Spermium on the other hand lives up to 5 days.

So, identical twins born when that one lucky ovum that won the lottery of survival splits into two (or more) while the remaining gets 'discarded' by the matrix. So to speak. This is the story that most people know.
The less known story is the story behind that 2/3 third of all the twins. So when instead of discarding all a hiccup happens and two fertilized ovums remain. Fraternal twins are twins who hail from different spermiums fertilizing the same set of ovums in that 24 hours.

Put this all together and we get this: If momy dearest gets creampied by loverstud plumer on monday while daddy is busy groping his secretary at work.. then mom's one-true-love husband fucks her good on thursday like the soon-to-be-father he is.. there is actually a perfectly equal chance that both plumer and hunnybun stock gets bought by investor-ovums who all are in the babymaking business the same time because they don't care who brought the stock to the market at all.
From there on its absolute random if the hiccup happen with 2 hunnybunwigglies ooor if its a draw. IF its draw then its twins.. from different fathers.

So when dad realizes that mom was cheating on him the same time his twins were conceived what he does, what would you do. Well, develop a certain slight doubt about your parenthood. Its easy to make things certain, you do a DNA test on the kids and truth be told its not extremely unlikely to get the most weird result.. one of the twins is yours, the other is not. You probably would have the exactly same utterly dumstruck face as daddy could have here, or any of us would have and with still dopey look on your face would ask teh doc if this is serious or just a seriously WTF moment before the doc pats you on the shaking shoulder telling, no, you poor champ this is the real Kafkan truth.

Which in truth is no more unlikely than having twins.

name88 - King of Hearts

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2017
A little biology here then. Of the twins around the world 2/3 of them are fraternal twins and only 1/3 are identical. Twins are born from the same batch of ovum, which die within 24 hours. This is the "unsafe" day. Spermium on the other hand lives up to 5 days.

So, identical twins born when that one lucky ovum that won the lottery of survival splits into two (or more) while the remaining gets 'discarded' by the matrix. So to speak. This is the story that most people know.
The less known story is the story behind that 2/3 third of all the twins. So when instead of discarding all a hiccup happens and two fertilized ovums remain. Fraternal twins are twins who hail from different spermiums fertilizing the same set of ovums in that 24 hours.

Put this all together and we get this: If momy dearest gets creampied by loverstud plumer on monday while daddy is busy groping his secretary at work.. then mom's one-true-love husband fucks her good on thursday like the soon-to-be-father he is.. there is actually a perfectly equal chance that both plumer and hunnybun stock gets bought by investor-ovums who all are in the babymaking business the same time because they don't care who brought the stock to the market at all.
From there on its absolute random if the hiccup happen with 2 hunnybunwigglies ooor if its a draw. IF its draw then its twins.. from different fathers.

So when dad realizes that mom was cheating on him the same time his twins were conceived what he does, what would you do. Well, develop a certain slight doubt about your parenthood. Its easy to make things certain, you do a DNA test on the kids and truth be told its not extremely unlikely to get the most weird result.. one of the twins is yours, the other is not. You probably would have the exactly same utterly dumstruck face as daddy could have here, or any of us would have and with still dopey look on your face would ask teh doc if this is serious or just a seriously WTF moment before the doc pats you on the shaking shoulder telling, no, you poor champ this is the real Kafkan truth.

Holy shit...
Kinda wished I payed attention in school now
...Maya and Derek look nothing alike

It would explain her father`s dissatisfaction
Though the mentioned by vir_cotto ultimatum does not add up,what was Maya supposed to do?Unborn herself?

• Haha
Reactions: smokebox

vir_cotto

Engaged Member
Aug 9, 2017

No man - you are confusing fraternal twins - and when you have bro/sis they're always fraternal twins - with the EXTREMELY RARE condition of superfecundation.
Fraternal twins occur when you have two or more eggs ready to be fertilized. In most cases, there is only one.

For your theory to work out - sex between two different partners MUST occur in 24 hours because that's egg "lifetime".

And, again - that's absolutely unimportant because we know Maya's father gave her an ULTIMATUM that she must do something if she wants him paying tuition.

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
And, again - that's absolutely unimportant because we know Maya's father gave her an ULTIMATUM that she must do something if she wants him paying tuition.
I wrote a longass essay but then i realized i wanna gawk at boobs instead of having an arguement over this :sneaky: So :p
Just lie and say they are totally dual-daddy twins :giggle:

vir_cotto

Engaged Member
Aug 9, 2017
OK, so while answering Ennoch, I remembered one of my earlier (crazy) theories and I think I have some add-on.

I said Maya's parents could be religious fanatics. I think that could be true.

What if one part of their religion is arranged marriages for girls coming of age?

That would mean Maya couldn't have BF or GF except prearranged. What if she was forced to get engaged? She would maybe also forced to live with her future husband. She could have been in love with someone else but she couldn't have that relationship because of her arranged marriage. That's her: "It's been a while waking up next to someone" - probably next to fiancee she didn't really like, hence her reaction to MC next to her. And, when she turned 18yo, she ran away from her fiancee. Basically, she is of legal age and her parents can't force her into marriage... Except with tuition.

It's still doesn't give some answers - like what is that thing she owed a favour to Derek? What is that "he didn't give up on me"? "I'm different"? Why she doesn't want a relationship with MC or other people? Kissing?

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
That would mean Maya couldn't have BF or GF except prearranged. What if she was forced to get engaged? She would maybe also forced to live with her future husband. She could have been in love with someone else but she couldn't have that relationship because of her arranged marriage. That's her: "It's been a while waking up next to someone" - probably next to fiancee she didn't really like, hence her reaction to MC next to her. And, when she turned 18yo, she ran away from her fiancee. Basically, she is of legal age and her parents can't force her into marriage... Except with tuition.
Thats another plausible one. Actually there isn't even a need to overthink it. No religious fanatism isn't required for this. This isn't, most unfortunately, an outdated approach. Dad wanted to force her to marry another rich dude, she denied so dad denied allowance and while not outright disowned her -scandal and stuff- but forbid her to go college. Maya all huff and puff just to show it she can got here anyway.. which is all nice and pretty but Dad probably has a better sense on how life works when it comes to money.

I wouldn't say its because of true love.. where is he/she then. Wouldn't she ran away with him/her? I think so. No, i think this school thing is her rebellion.

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
You know, starcraft-like rebellion. Jim Raynor's engineer said: "We rose up to protect our rights, our dignity. Justice and truth was on our side... siege tanks, heavy machine guns and missile batteries were on theirs. I learnt a lot about the value of ideals and words on that day."

Reactions: Mytez

vir_cotto

Engaged Member
Aug 9, 2017
Thats another plausible one. Actually there isn't even a need to overthink it. No religious fanatism isn't required for this. This isn't, most unfortunately, an outdated approach. Dad wanted to force her to marry another rich dude, she denied so dad denied allowance and while not outright disowned her -scandal and stuff- but forbid her to go college. Maya all huff and puff just to show it she can got here anyway.. which is all nice and pretty but Dad probably has a better sense on how life works when it comes to money.

I wouldn't say its because of true love.. where is he/she then. Wouldn't she ran away with him/her? I think so. No, i think this school thing is her rebellion.
No, I didn't mean she has a lover right now but she could have one when she was forced into an engagement or prior to that. That's why she "Doesn't know" when MC says how all relationships end poorly. But, as I said, I still don't get why she doesn't want anyone to love her. Maybe she's still partially religious and believes in premarital purity? Doesn't want to completely disobey her parents?

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
But, like I sais, I still don't get why she doesn't want anyone to love her.
Because probably she screwd up something herself. We still don't have the answer or even an idea why she doesn't have any money, even student loan which she could have circumventing daddy. Aaand basically anything could have happened in the past actually.

You know if we take a step back and don't demonize the father we could theorize that Maya may have been a wild child and ended up killing someone.. for example her mom due to her recklessness or by pure accident. Or someone else.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Nevu and vir_cotto

vir_cotto

Engaged Member
Aug 9, 2017
Because probably she screwd up something herself. We still don't have the answer or even an idea why she doesn't have any money, even student loan which she could have circumventing daddy. Aaand basically anything could have happened in the past actually.

You know if we take a step back and don't demonize the father we could theorize that Maya may have been a wild child and ended up killing someone.. for example her mom due to her recklessness or by pure accident. Or someone else.
And, in fact, Maya was my first yandere choice way at the beginning. I said she could have done something like that. She could even spend some time in a mental institution - but I don't think it's her mother involved. My theory she killed BF or some guy she was dating and he tried to rape her. Or she could be obsessive - hence her "Promise to be always honest with me", "Maybe I needed someone new", "Don't fall in love with me"... In that case, maybe she stopped taking her therapy and father is trying to persuade her.

Again, here we have even more wild guessing but some things could work in the story.

As said previously: Maya's story has more layers and it could be either some plothole in it or certain things DPC doesn't want us to know yet.

gertru 90

Feb 9, 2019
Hi, this is my first message. I don't like that it is about science instead being about the game. But not identical twins fecundation can occur in different days. Some women ovulate more than one time in the same period but in different days. So one woman may have sex in different days and conceive of both. So it isn't impossible the teory of Derek's and Maya's mom having sex with different men while conceiving their kids.

Talking about the game. I don't understand why you have soy many doubts about Sage. It's logical that after two of many episodes of the game she still with Chad. If she is one LI in the game, I think that after being so much time she will develop her relationship to the MC. But she wont break with Chad to early in the game. We Sage's fans and the heretics ones will need patience for that.

vir_cotto

Engaged Member
Aug 9, 2017
Hi, this is my first message. I don't like that it is about science instead being about the game. But not identical twins fecundation can occur in different days. Some women ovulate more than one time in the same period but in different days. So one woman may have sex in different days and conceive of both. So it isn't impossible the teory of Derek's and Maya's mom having sex with different men while conceiving their kids.
It doesn't really matter because twins are rare and this kind of twins are extremely rare. So, it would be like having some exotic disease that has 1 out of 500 million people. And that theory doesn't give us any answer about Maya so we can abandon it.

Talking about the game. I don't understand why you have soy many doubts about Sage. It's logical that after two of many episodes of the game she still with Chad. If she is one LI in the game, I think that after being so much time she will develop her relationship to the MC. But she wont break with Chad to early in the game. We Sage's fans and the heretics ones will need patience for that.
Sage is using MC to find Chad's cheating on her. She is doing everything in her power to antagonize him and Chad. And even after finding the proof, she wants MC to find who is that mystery GF.

So, yeah - she's obsessed with Chad and completely out of our interest so far as LI. That's the behaviour of the girl who can't get over her BF.

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 1,495 Votes