TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
I'm not sure why she added the 'for anyone' to the 'no strings attached' comment.

I can not see Maya or Josy getting involved with anyone while they still think they have a chance with MC. Likely to cause cries of NTR. (But a threesome with one of them, MC and Sage would be interesting).
Maybe to tell him what is is good for the goose is good for the gander, or maybe just to warn him about straying for to long.
From what i could see, Maya is terrified that this will not work out, so she chose the non-comital route, so if things go wrong they wont be as hurt as if they wore in a full polyamorous relationship, basically saying, "let's step back and see how things go", then if it doesn't work with the mc she and Josy can go back to how it was, or vice versa.

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
From what i could see, Maya is terrified that this will not work out, so she chose the non-comital route, so if things go wrong they wont be as hurt as if they wore in a full polyamorous relationship, basically saying, "let's step back and see how things go", then if it doesn't work with the mc she and Josy can go back to how it was, or vice versa.
Sounds all good until you think that if it doesn't work out it's going to hurt regardless. Seems like an awfully big risk that it could end up self destructing the whole thing. Seems like it's not giving it 100%, like your giving yourself an out so you don't have to put all yourself into a relationship. Sounds like a recipe for disaster if you ask me but.......

Reactions: ename144

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
Sounds all good until you think that if it doesn't work out it's going to hurt regardless. Seems like an awfully big risk that it could end up self destructing the whole thing. Seems like it's not giving it 100%, like your giving yourself an out so you don't have to put all yourself into a relationship. Sounds like a recipe for disaster if you ask me but.......
Oh yeah, i agree with you, i'm just saying that from what i noticed she is rationalizing like that. And it might take time, jumping head first into the relationship has the same chance of failure, they have to find a balance.

NOVASSR

Dec 30, 2017
About the theory of MC mother being a Burgmeister and the MC geting an inheritance idk man in any moment the MC father tought and say something like "haha what a coincidence your mom last name is the same as the name of the college you are going to haha"

Antuuthu

Nov 2, 2018
hello!

When I go to the rooster app and clock on the chat icon for lily, ( I want to get the tequila quest) I get this error

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/season2/scripts/freeroam/episode5/ep5_freeroam_ano.rpy", line 68, in script
    $ result = ui.interact()
  File "game/season2/scripts/freeroam/episode5/ep5_freeroam_ano.rpy", line 68, in <module>
    $ result = ui.interact()
  File "game/season2/scripts/phone/rooster/ep5/clucks_ep5_lily.rpy", line 102, in execute
  File "game/season2/scripts/phone/rooster/ep5/clucks_ep5_lily.rpy", line 102, in execute
  File "game/season2/scripts/phone/rooster/ep5/clucks_ep5_lily.rpy", line 245, in execute
  File "game/season2/scripts/phone/rooster/ep5/clucks_ep5_lily.rpy", line 246, in execute
  File "game/season2/scripts/phone/rooster/ep5/clucks_ep5_lily.rpy", line 264, in execute
  File "game/season2/scripts/phone/rooster/ep5/clucks_ep5_lily.rpy", line 272, in execute
  File "game/season2/scripts/phone/rooster/ep5/clucks_ep5_lily.rpy", line 276, in execute
IndexError: list index out of range

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/season2/scripts/freeroam/episode5/ep5_freeroam_ano.rpy", line 68, in script
    $ result = ui.interact()
  File "D:\Craig's Stuff\Hentai\[1]Keepers\1Favorites\BeingADIK\renpy\ast.py", line 912, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "D:\Craig's Stuff\Hentai\[1]Keepers\1Favorites\BeingADIK\renpy\python.py", line 2004, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/season2/scripts/freeroam/episode5/ep5_freeroam_ano.rpy", line 68, in <module>
    $ result = ui.interact()
  File "D:\Craig's Stuff\Hentai\[1]Keepers\1Favorites\BeingADIK\renpy\ui.py", line 295, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "D:\Craig's Stuff\Hentai\[1]Keepers\1Favorites\BeingADIK\renpy\display\core.py", line 2699, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "D:\Craig's Stuff\Hentai\[1]Keepers\1Favorites\BeingADIK\renpy\display\core.py", line 3091, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "D:\Craig's Stuff\Hentai\[1]Keepers\1Favorites\BeingADIK\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback, seen)
  File "D:\Craig's Stuff\Hentai\[1]Keepers\1Favorites\BeingADIK\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
  File "D:\Craig's Stuff\Hentai\[1]Keepers\1Favorites\BeingADIK\renpy\display\screen.py", line 430, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "D:\Craig's Stuff\Hentai\[1]Keepers\1Favorites\BeingADIK\renpy\display\core.py", line 3091, in <lambda>
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "D:\Craig's Stuff\Hentai\[1]Keepers\1Favorites\BeingADIK\renpy\display\screen.py", line 440, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "D:\Craig's Stuff\Hentai\[1]Keepers\1Favorites\BeingADIK\renpy\display\screen.py", line 625, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
  File "game/season2/scripts/phone/rooster/ep5/clucks_ep5_lily.rpy", line 245, in execute
  File "game/season2/scripts/phone/rooster/ep5/clucks_ep5_lily.rpy", line 246, in execute
  File "game/season2/scripts/phone/rooster/ep5/clucks_ep5_lily.rpy", line 264, in execute
  File "game/season2/scripts/phone/rooster/ep5/clucks_ep5_lily.rpy", line 272, in execute
  File "game/season2/scripts/phone/rooster/ep5/clucks_ep5_lily.rpy", line 276, in execute
  File "<screen language>", line 276, in <module>
IndexError: list index out of range

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320
Being a DIK 0.5.0
Sun Jun 07 21:59:12 2020

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
Oh yeah, i agree with you, i'm just saying that from what i noticed she is rationalizing like that. And it might take time, jumping head first into the relationship has the same chance of failure, they have to find a balance.
Holy Bacchus and I were discussing this almost same thing earlier
https://f95zone.to/threads/being-a-dik-v0-5-0-dr-pinkcake.25332/post-3623280
It's not a rational train of thought. It's a stupid plot force that only exists to make the story work

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
It's not a rational train of thought. It's a stupid plot force that only exists to make the story work
Yeah, i know, i don't think it is rational(not that college kids are rational), they either should have said "Okay, this is gonna be an open relationship", "Lets try just the three of us so it doesn't become a mess" or "Sure you can continue persuing other girls, but i just want Maya/Josy and you". It should have been a longer conversation.

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
Yeah, i know, i don't think it is rational(not that college kids are rational), they either should have said "Okay, this is gonna be an open relationship", "Lets try just the three of us so it doesn't become a mess" or "Sure you can continue persuing other girls, but i just want Maya/Josy and you". It should have been a longer conversation.
Stereotypes seldom work in real life. I'm sure that there are college kids that are not rational however I bet that there are college kids that are.

It should have been a we're either going to commit to this relationship or we're going to split up. However, that would have pissed off his supporters and he's worried about pandering for the money. The first step in screwing over the story.

Reactions: Real Kreten
Dec 19, 2019
About the theory of MC mother being a Burgmeister and the MC geting an inheritance idk man in any moment the MC father tought and say something like "haha what a coincidence your mom last name is the same as the name of the college you are going to haha"
What if MC's grandfather disowned his mother and his father didn't want to talk about it? "Hey son, this college belongs to a part of your family that disowned your mother hahaha"
And maybe MC's grandfather didn't even know that MC existed for years, why would MC's father talk about the part of his blood that disowned his mother and doesn't know that he exists?

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
What if MC's grandfather disowned his mother and his father didn't want to talk about it? "Hey son, this college belongs to a part of your family that disowned your mother hahaha"
And maybe MC's grandfather didn't even know that MC existed for years, why would MC's father talk about the part of his blood that disowned his mother and doesn't know that he exists?
Over dating a boy that he doesn't like? Ok maybe plausible but definitely on the extreme side. How would he have tracked him down now? He doesn't have his mother's last name? Why would the MC not know his mother's last name in the first place? I just can't imagine a level of hatred so extreme that you would lie to your own child for years and hide something that wouldn't affect anything in the first place. I mean if he completely disowned her in the first place why would he know she had a child and why would he try to track him down now? I know it's a game but this seems a little too movie-ish for me. I have children and even if I hated them for some reason I can't imagine not being there if they died. That's just a level of animosity I can't even possible fathom.

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
Stereotypes seldom work in real life. I'm sure that there are college kids that are not rational however I bet that there are college kids that are.

It should have been a we're either going to commit to this relationship or we're going to split up. However, that would have pissed off his supporters and he's worried about pandering for the money. The first step in screwing over the story.
Ok, but now you are assuming that this ones are rational, a quality rarely shown by them, and as i said before, this are basicly kids, i get that you didn't like how it turned out, as i said, i would prefer a longer conversation myself, but i belive that Bachus said this to, it is plausible, hell i know people in their 60 that are not rational enough to have that conversation, in the end, i didn't find it weird because following how she was behaving, and the text messages, it made sense, she is scared, and being irrational, all of them are, this is uncharted territory to them, hell it would be shuned by many outside of a game, so for me it made some sense, not much, but some.

mindern

Jul 7, 2017
Seconded. It is worrying me a little bit though. He can’t keep this up for every girls story arch. A choice has to be made at some point and I don’t want him to progress each girl to just shy of being together with MC across multiple episodes and just keep them in a holding pattern one by one as the others catch up.

If, for example, we spend next episode dealing with Sage and her relationship with Chad... they breakup or whatever and she’s available to date will DPC pull the “we’re just fuckbuddies still” card and put Sage in the freezer with Maya/Josy whilst we get on with working out whats up with Bella and that room?

I dunno. I don’t wanna be back here again with another LI being romantically blue balled because DPC is trying to get his ducks in a row for us to choose a route at a suitable time.

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
Ok, but now you are assuming that this ones are rational, a quality rarely shown by them, and as i said before, this are basicly kids, i get that you didn't like how it turned out, as i said, i would prefer a longer conversation myself, but i belive that Bachus said this to, it is plausible, hell i know people in their 60 that are not rational enough to have that conversation, in the end, i didn't find it weird because following how she was behaving, and the text messages, it made sense, she is scared, and being irrational, all of them are, this is uncharted territory to them, hell it would be shuned by many outside of a game, so for me it made some sense, not much, but some.
I'm not assuming anything. The only thing I'm arguing is that it makes absolutely 0% sense to advance less than 48 hours from "Your not worth it for us to take this chance on you" to "Ok we're all going to try this relationship and instead of being faithful to each other now we can fuck anyone/anywhere." That's the only thing I'm arguing is that it's totally unrealistic and was only done to make the story work.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
The more I think about it, the less I see a reason for the MC's mother to be a Burgmeister. What options does that add to the story?

It changes the dynamic between the MC and Rusty, but given their dynamic only just began, that feels like a wash.

It can tempt the MC with power, but just being rich would do most of that. The difference between being someone like Gordon and someone like Jill is much smaller than the difference between being the MC currently and Gordon.

It potentially makes him Jill's equal, but if anything it closes off story options. Jill would no longer need to worry that he was only pursuing her for her family, since his family would be just as influential.

I think it makes more sense for the MC's mother to come from a relatively unremarkable rich family. Enough influence to tempt the MC with the Prep side of the Force (as it were), but not enough to rival Tybalt or Jill out of the box.

Weltmeister

Jan 22, 2018
I have a problem with Lily's Tequila quest: When I talk to her on the stairs, she leaves the party and is nowhere to be found. Of course I offered her Tequila on Rooster. Is this a bug or did I do something wrong?

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
I'm not assuming anything. The only thing I'm arguing is that it makes absolutely 0% sense to advance less than 48 hours from "Your not worth it for us to take this chance on you" to "Ok we're all going to try this relationship and instead of being faithful to each other now we can fuck anyone/anywhere." That's the only thing I'm arguing is that it's totally unrealistic and was only done to make the story work.
Oh, no in that i agree with you, i was in the other path, and in that it made sense, ok, now i agree, kinda lazy, i get why he did it, but still kinda lazy, it would be best to just cut ties with them, or let them just be friends.

Reactions: Cndyrvr4lf

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
I have a problem with Lily's Tequila quest: When I talk to her on the stairs, she leaves the party and is nowhere to be found. Of course I offered her Tequila on Rooster. Is this a bug or did I do something wrong?
Lily will leave the party immediately if the MC says he wouldn't have wanted a personal stripper, presumably since even if the MC got her tequila he wouldn't want to fool around with her.

To get Lily to stay, the MC has to say he wants a personal stripper (whether he has the tequila yet or not).

Reactions: Weltmeister

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
The more I think about it, the less I see a reason for the MC's mother to be a Burgmeister. What options does that add to the story?

It changes the dynamic between the MC and Rusty, but given their dynamic only just began, that feels like a wash.

It can tempt the MC with power, but just being rich would do most of that. The difference between being someone like Gordon and someone like Jill is much smaller than the difference between being the MC currently and Gordon.

It potentially makes him Jill's equal, but if anything it closes off story options. Jill would no longer need to worry that he was only pursuing her for her family, since his family would be just as influential.

I think it makes more sense for the MC's mother to come from a relatively unremarkable rich family. Enough influence to tempt the MC with the Prep side of the Force (as it were), but not enough to rival Tybalt or Jill out of the box.
I don't think the mother really matters or shouldn't. The MC just started to fix the DIK's from being unsustainable without Rusty's money so what would be the point of giving the MC money to tempt him falling into the same trap? Seems like drama for the sake of drama and no real added plus or minus to the story.

4.80 star(s) 1,498 Votes