Dec 19, 2019
Over dating a boy that he doesn't like?
Dating a poor guy, if MC's grandfather is a type of Tybalt, that would be easy to happen, especially if MC's mother has a brother/sister.

He doesn't have his mother's last name? Why would the MC not know his mother's last name in the first place?
Maybe MC only has his father's surname, we don't know how much information MC's father gave about his mother. "Hey son, your mother's name is Lynette [REDACTED]" MC: "Wtf?"

I just can't imagine a level of hatred so extreme that you would lie to your own child for years and hide something that wouldn't affect anything in the first place.
Maybe don't hate, but why would you give information about your son's wealthy family who don't know he exists and who deserted his mother? Especially if your child is already bullied for being poor.

I mean if he completely disowned her in the first place why would he know she had a child
Maybe he knows the name and surname of MC's father and saw that MC had the same surname?

and why would he try to track him down now?
Maybe gramps is sorry after almost 2 decades?

I know it's a game but this seems a little too movie-ish for me.
More movie-ish than Josy being Maya's girlfriend?

---

Or MC can't be a Burgmeister and I can be so fucking wrong
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reactions: TundraLupus

Dec 20, 2019
I know quite a few people think that that Maya picnic scene, with her saying they should all have "no strings attached", goes against her character, but I actually think it's an evolution of her character.

For the first 4 episodes, it's felt as though Maya has really defined herself and her life by her relationship with Josy. She depended on Josy so much for comfort and assurance because, apart from Derek, it seems like she didn't get much support or encouragement from anyone else, not just with their relationship, but in general. She also didn't know how to cope with them being apart and with the possibility that the relationship was going to end, and she also seems to have put a lot of weight into the relationship being her only chance at happiness and about what would happen in the future, as evidenced by M&J's hopeful plans to be together when they got to college that also briefly fell apart.

All of this meant that, when another promising, albeit surprising, relationship opportunity came along, she wasn't open to it, and she regrets not being open to it because of her dependancy on her current relationship and how she let it define her. So when she talks about "no strings attached", I think what she's realised is that she can't let a relationship define who she is and that she needs some time to really get to know herself and what she wants before committing to a relationship again. The same goes for Josy and the MC because they all rushed headlong into things, and they need some time to not only get their minds right, but spend more time with each other to see if this is what they really want.

It's a quick turnaround, sure, but it also feels like a very mature decision from Maya to not attach labels so early on and to just see if the relationship can grow naturally by not having any expectations or strings attached to it.
Well My advice would be, don't read too much into it. Sage is entitled to her own opinion on who wants to jump MC's DIK, and Maya is entitled to her own decision of whether she wants strings attached or not.

Could be Chad is the same as Sage and both see value in the relationship politically.

If we assume Chad is with Melanie (which I suspect due to her asking if Sarah has her back, why would she need someone in her corner if she wasn’t culpable in this whole thing?) and she wants more than being a side chick telling him about MC could make sense. If Chad is into Melanie but can’t leave Sage because of the political advantages she might try and force it.

If the scenario is Chad and Melanie are “in love”... he’s telling her he wants her but it has to be a secret, he can’t leave Sage but Melanie is his one and only. He’s telling Melanie he isn’t really with Sage, he won’t even kiss her anymore. It’s all a facade.

Melanie is sick and tired of being a side chick. She wants the status of being his girl. Maybe she even likes him legitimately. She needs them to blow up without being to blame for snaking Chad. Enter MC.

Melanie tells Chad Sage is publicly kissing MC. She’s into MC and everyone knows. Suddenly being with Sage isn’t an advantage. It’s painting him publicly as a cuck. Sage being his girlfriend stops being a boon.

So Melanie is gonna out Sage and swoop in on Chad. Only explanation I have for why she wants them broken up.
man,you have to do a restrospective:
1-It was not explained, however, in the hot's, Quinn and Heather do not want Sage as president, it may be that Melaine and Sarah are united with Heather or Quinn in this or simply have their reasons for not wanting sage in the presidency.
2-Melaine is probably Chad's mistress and it seems that they both like each other in her eyes, removing Sage from Chad's girlfriend will be better for both of them because she and Sarah realized that the MC and she are more than friends, there is already one stronger feeling between them.

So at the end of the day there are two possibilities: they can simply be doing anything to get sage out of the presidency even if it interferes with her personal life and relationships or she simply wants to stay with chad and let the mc stay and take over Sage as his girlfriend so they would both be happy after all, but I think it is unlikely that Sage will just let it go cheap
I don't think the relationship is mutually political motivated. I might be wrong at reading scenarios (as some of the esteemed forum members pointed out a few times), but in the flashback of Ep 5, Sage seems to be all over Chad. I am hesitant to use Tybalt as an example as he may be political motivated as well, in addition to being desperate. Difference between them is that Sage managed to find an FB while Tybalt managed to find a watermelon. Sage is now slowly letting go when MC mentioned about them and she's actually giving it a thought.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Now against my earlier advice of not reading into it too much, I am now leaning towards Mel and Sarah know who the side-bitch is and they are just trying to just help Sage and also push forward the breakup event. Reason why Mel asks if Sarah has her back is because what she plans to do goes against the HOT code and she wants Sarah to back her action. They feel that it's time to do it since Sage has MC and it will make it easier for Sage, especially when she's going to be furious at Chad, Mel and Sarah.

For Arieth : yes
For Derek : depends
For mc : no

You beat me to it.

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020
The more I think about it the less sense I find MC getting some sort of inheritance makes. So it's tough to guess what sort of role his Mom's family will play in the game.

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
Dating a poor guy, if MC's grandfather is a type of Tybalt, that would be easy to happen, especially if MC's mother has a brother/sister.
Maybe MC only has his father's surname, we don't know how much information MC's father gave about his mother. "Hey son, your mother's name is Lynette [REDACTED]" MC: "Wtf?"
Maybe don't hate, but why would you give information about your son's wealthy family who don't know he exists and who deserted his mother? Especially if your child is already bullied for being poor.
Maybe he knows the name and surname of MC's father and saw that MC had the same surname?
Maybe gramps is sorry after almost 2 decades?
More movie-ish than Josy being Maya's girlfriend?
Or MC can't be a Burgmeister and I can be so fucking wrong
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Why would you not tell him about his mother? What's in a name? I'm not saying tell him everything. Your mothers family fucked us over and your mother died and fuck them all type thing but I know my grandparents married and maiden names even if I don't know everything about them. I'm not saying tell him the whole story but why do a total blackout? How many people share your last name? I know there have to be a ton of people who share my last name. OMG the world is huge and there's a million Johnson's. Imagine having to investigate every single one? Which one is my grandson? If his own daughter DYING and him not caring then no I don't think he would give a flying eff after 20 years. The love triangle is pretty movie-ish.

Dec 20, 2019
I have a problem with Lily's Tequila quest: When I talk to her on the stairs, she leaves the party and is nowhere to be found. Of course I offered her Tequila on Rooster. Is this a bug or did I do something wrong?
1st floor where you first started, look for down arrow to the room where you got the suit, she should be standing outside.

Dec 20, 2019
2nd floor first is where you need the suit to get to to find Lily

AvatarStormBringer he probably told her he didn't want a personal stripper and at that point Lily sneaks out to go to the Pink Rose
I did struggle with the floor thing when i typed that post. I'm from Malaysia and we have this thing called the ground floor (where the party is at :p), so that's why I put 1st floor.

Reactions: Cndyrvr4lf
Dec 19, 2019
Why would you not tell him about his mother? What's in a name? I'm not saying tell him everything. Your mothers family fucked us over and your mother died and fuck them all type thing but I know my grandparents married and maiden names even if I don't know everything about them. I'm not saying tell him the whole story but why do a total blackout? How many people share your last name? I know there have to be a ton of people who share my last name. OMG the world is huge and there's a million Johnson's. Imagine having to investigate every single one? Which one is my grandson? If his own daughter DYING and him not caring then no I don't think he would give a flying eff after 20 years. The love triangle is pretty movie-ish.
If MC and his father have an unusual surname t’s easier to find MC and it’s easier to swallow that information in terms of the game’s history.

And I was thinking, maybe it’s not MC’s grandfather? Some theories about MC being a burgmeister say that Rusty is MC's cousin, so maybe it's not MC's grandfather who sent the letter, but Rusty's father.

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
Who knows anything is possible I guess. Why wait 19 years then? 18 would have been legal, 21 is when most trust funds kick in. What's so special about 19? Not enough info.

Sleeping In Pieces

Mar 16, 2019
The scene near end of ep5 where Melanie and Sarah watch mc and Sage kissing.

That convo got me thinking. Are they just staging an intervention to finally break up a relationship that has clearly become unhealthy, or is one of them(or somebody they know) Chad's side chick after all?
It doesn't look like either of them are, given how eager they are to get some action with MC, but then again, the girls with jock boyfriends seem to have gotten into the habit of getting their itches scratched elsewhere.
And I was thinking, maybe it’s not MC’s grandfather? Some theories about MC being a burgmeister say that Rusty is MC's cousin, so maybe it's not MC's grandfather who sent the letter, but Rusty's father.
Really, for all we know, MC's mother may well be a Burke. After all, what little we know of the Burgmeisters tells us they're rather cool as a family. A bit entitled but not snobs to the point of disowning someone who marries wrong. The Burkes OTOH...

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
I'm not assuming anything. The only thing I'm arguing is that it makes absolutely 0% sense to advance less than 48 hours from "Your not worth it for us to take this chance on you" to "Ok we're all going to try this relationship and instead of being faithful to each other now we can fuck anyone/anywhere." That's the only thing I'm arguing is that it's totally unrealistic and was only done to make the story work.
Part of the problem here is that, quite frankly, Being a DIK is pulling a fast one on us. From poking around in the game code, we know Maya and Josy will reject the MC in Episode 4 if he has a DIK affinity, or if he never had sex with either of them. Yet when a rejected MC plays through both girl's scenes in Episode 5, we learn they each would have been in favor of the relationship if not for the other girl.

So even though there ARE objective reasons for them to reject the MC, carefully modeled by existing game mechanics, the game will lie to us about those reasons when queried. It's the classic case of someone being voted down unanimously, only for each of the voters to assure the loser in private that they were out voted.

Similarly, when the MC is just friends with them, they will endlessly talk up their attraction. When the MC agrees to be their combined boyfriend, well, now it's nothing special. I think some of it is fear of angering the player again after the fallout from Episode 4. But mostly I think it just comes down to trying to maximize the impact of each individual path.

It seems to me that DPC feels the different branches are free to have their own continuity. So if we follow Maya, in that branch it really was Josy who was hesitant to include the MC; if you follow Josy, it really was the other way around. If that is what DPC thinks, then IMHO he's just wrong. That sort of subjective narrative will invariably confuse the players, and it ultimately undermines the impact of the player's choices because it turns out there are a bunch of other variables crowding those choices out.

What I find so irksome about this particular case is that the problem could have been solved by forcing the MC to take a real interest in the other girls from the start. While the player can choose to avoid sex with Maya and Josy, the MC is absolutely going to make out with and crush on both of them in the first 3 Episodes no matter what we do. But with Bella and Sage, even though the MC shows interest in them, we can actually choose to remain remarkably chaste: a one-time drunken kiss with Bella, and a few not-necessarily-sexual embraces with Sage. Even with Jill, while the MC must date her, we can decline to kiss her at all and are specifically given the option to make that date about sticking it to Tybalt rather than genuine interest in Jill.

That's why it's so weird that the instant the trio form their joint relationship, the MC won't stop declaring he's still dating other girls. He mentions it in the Episode 4 wrap-up. He mentions it to Derek. He mentions it in the video call at night. And it's one of his first concerns when they finally have their big discussion at the picnic. Where the hell was this insistence on playing the field when you were refusing to so much as flirt with Sage, MC? When the MC complains about Josy and Maya cheating on each other, we saw that happen. When the MC insists he's not ready to commit to Maya and Josy, that really depends on what we chose as the player.

If the MC had pursued Sage, Jill and Bella with the same determination he had pursued Maya and Josy, I could believe he was genuinely confused about just how serious his feelings for Maya and Josy are. It would still be weird for the two of them to risk their relationship on a 'no strings' deal, but at least then it could be seen as a concession to how much it mattered for the MC to be sure this was the real deal.

Instead, despite an MC demonstrating time and again that Maya and Josy meant more to him than any of the other girls, the game will refuse to reflect those decisions in this one area. Which would be an easily acceptable oversight if this matter weren't such a crucial part of the Maya/Josy path. I really don't get why it was done this way, but there we have it. Let's hope the problem either doesn't last long or is better handled going forward.

Anyway, I've ranted on this topic several times now. I guess I really needed to sort out my thoughts, but this is going to have to be my final word on the matter.

Last edited:

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
They don't reject you for those things, they reject you because you haven't gotten enough RP with them, on the way dik conversations change, for example, flirting as dik usually leads to a sordid pyropo, while choosing the same as a chick makes you say a sweet compliment, as a chick that option makes you win RP and as dik makes you lose it and you have to choose the other option (you don't lose the PR but you don't win it either). Dpc is not a fool and has been able to justify why in the dik way some girls may come to reject you, and it is not magic or that they read the mind of the player's decisions, is that the MC interacts differently.
No, not at all. The condition for rejection in that conversation is being a DIK or not, RP is irrelevant.

Conversations slightly change if you are a DIK, slightly.
I'm not assuming anything. The only thing I'm arguing is that it makes absolutely 0% sense to advance less than 48 hours from "Your not worth it for us to take this chance on you" to "Ok we're all going to try this relationship and instead of being faithful to each other now we can fuck anyone/anywhere." That's the only thing I'm arguing is that it's totally unrealistic and was only done to make the story work.
Ok we're all going to try this relationship and instead of being faithful to each other now we can fuck anyone/anywhere which means only the MC will because no NTR.

FTFY :ROFLMAO:

4.80 star(s) 1,496 Votes