Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK Walkthrough+Cheat Mod [v0.10.1][scrappy]

4.70 star(s) 31 Votes

T.i.g.l

Jan 14, 2021
Hey man sorry if this is just a good on my part but I've installed the mod and whenever I click the cheats menu the game partially freezes.
To clarify only the actual game scenes freeze but I can still right click into the menu and select the quick options on the bottom left of the screen.
Just wanted to know what the issue could be

Reactions: AdorufuniiChan
Feb 6, 2018
Hey man sorry if this is just a good on my part but I've installed the mod and whenever I click the cheats menu the game partially freezes.
To clarify only the actual game scenes freeze but I can still right click into the menu and select the quick options on the bottom left of the screen.
Just wanted to know what the issue could be
I have the same problem, it is because the mod is not updated for version 0.7.0
We have to wait until scrappy updates it.

mizilic

Jan 16, 2019
Is the usual WT also made by scrappy? If not , was it posted on Patreon? Because when the mod is updated we need also the WT..can somebody post it here ?

Qmil679

Q / Motherlover
Donor
Mar 13, 2019
I'll wait 4 months if that's what Scrappy needs to update this. No point in playing the base game without this mod imo. It cuts out all the bullshit and busy work so I can actually enjoy the game without stressing about a certain choice or not having enough money to buy Jill fucking ice cream.
Yeah, Jill deserves ice cream. :giggle:

But seriously, everyone needs to be patient. ;) I don't know, play BaDIK from the beginning (just like me) and maybe until you finish playing, Scrappy will update the mod.

Without this mod, the game is played differently. And with the mod, we don't have to worry about anything.

Thank you Scrappy for your work!

leproso0413

May 26, 2017

But seriously, everyone needs to be patient. ;) I don't know, play BaDIK from the beginning (just like me) and maybe until you finish playing, Scrappy will update the mod.

Without this mod, the game is played differently. And with the mod, we don't have to worry about anything.

This mod gives much more life to the game, is the best there is, it is incomparable the difference between playing it with mod and without mod. Sincerely fantastic. Just waiting for me to finish it and upload it.

Samken

Respected User
Jul 20, 2017
Anybody know why DPC is so against mods? Honest question cause I'd be flattered as a dev if my work is considered mod-worthy; seems to increase number of players too
1- It adds some non-intended bugs, that people keep nagging him to correct on his discord
2- It is not how he "envisioned" the game to be played

That's about it.

Joshuam303

Feb 27, 2020
I am sadly not patent enough to wait four months for the update

For me I am disabled (Juvenille huntingtons disease) and one of the symtpoms is severe impatience, like it's that bad a day feels like a month, and I don't replay games usually unless they have been drastically altered or not played them in ages

But I have waited what feels like years for the badik update , so I just want to finally get in and play the latest update but I need to wait for this because I don't want to replay it through for each route twice

1619287142855.png

for those that are interested

Last edited:

leo_grouch

May 18, 2019
You can still play chapter 7 without the mod, even if your saves are from past modded. Just have to follow the directions previously stated. If it's just the story you want to go through, it's not a lot to do and it doe's work. Takes a lot more space on the hard drive for the unren, but it does work. If not then patiently wait for scrappy to do his kind work and that will be that.

ALCapote

Jul 20, 2020
I was just asking, I don't know how long it can take, so I'm asking the question. nothing nasty :)
Because this question has been asked and answered to multiple times on every page of this thread.
Scrappy usually takes 24/48h to update their mod, however, DPC added more blockade on this update so it will probably take more time to update.
All the people need to do now is check once a day to see if the mod has been updated. If it hasn't, go spend your day doing something else and simply wait.
No need to ask the same question again and again and again.

denzile3

Dec 11, 2018
You can still play chapter 7 without the mod, even if your saves are from past modded. Just have to follow the directions previously stated. If it's just the story you want to go through, it's not a lot to do and it doe's work. Takes a lot more space on the hard drive for the unren, but it does work. If not then patiently wait for scrappy to do his kind work and that will be that.
My game bugged out when it went into Josy's free roam :/

Almighty

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2017
This mod gives much more life to the game, is the best there is, it is incomparable the difference between playing it with mod and without mod. Sincerely fantastic. Just waiting for me to finish it and upload it.
It does and apparently the dev hates this mod. You had to go to console command to even play the game now. Since scrappy said he added little detectives to literally shut down the game. He also fucking disabled skip to next choice. So basically if you want to play a different route you stuck to hold skip key.

kifon

Apr 30, 2018
Anyone has a link for 0.6 version of the game? I ve lost my saves and i want to start a new playthough with cheats enabled, but today is the only day i have the oppurtunity to play the game till next saturday so cant rly wait for mod update rn :(

sm204900729

Donor
Mar 5, 2019
Because this question has been asked and answered to multiple times on every page of this thread.
Scrappy usually takes 24/48h to update their mod, however, DPC added more blockade on this update so it will probably take more time to update.
All the people need to do now is check once a day to see if the mod has been updated. If it hasn't, go spend your day doing something else and simply wait.
No need to ask the same question again and again and again.
I think it was out in 72 hours last time. I remember I donated about 15 bucks last time because it was quick. I plan to donate this time as well.

4.70 star(s) 31 Votes