Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK Walkthrough+Cheat Mod [v0.10.1][scrappy]

4.70 star(s) 31 Votes

RobbDiggity

Jun 4, 2020
console works fine, there's no way an author can code its ability out without directly hacking the RenPy class files.
All I know is that if I enable the console and then change the money value, I then lose the ability to access the main menu using right-click or hitting escape. The dev has a lot of code that checks for the console and developer mode, but I think most of that has to do with achievements. I guess I should be using 'mny(5)' to change the amount of money instead of 'money = 5'. I am trying this without installing any mods right now, just enabled the console and dev.

Reactions: alireza8731

RobbDiggity

Jun 4, 2020
All I know is that if I enable the console and then change the money value, I then lose the ability to access the main menu using right-click or hitting escape. The dev has a lot of code that checks for the console and developer mode, but I think most of that has to do with achievements. I guess I should be using 'mny(5)' to change the amount of money instead of 'money = 5'. I am trying this without installing any mods right now, just enabled the console and dev.
Ok, so there is a bug where if you choose one of the Quinn menu options, when you exit the scene you need to click on the phone before going forward. For some reason if you do not click on the phone, it breaks the UI and you cannot access the main menu or see the quick menu.

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
Pinkeye has really gone overboard with his anti-mod/anti-cheat stuff in this one. I tried the old way of enabling the console to change the money and now I cannot right-click or escape to get to the menu anymore. Time to dig through the code to see what kind of BS he did.
1. Open phone
2. click on any menu in the phone
3. espace phone
4. works again

What he has done ? a simple disable rightclick/quickbar command to the ... i believe it was the screens.rpy when entering the console, but exiting the phone from any function auto reenables it - so we got that going for us :D

GallionMercer

Jul 9, 2019
I'm able to play with no issues but is there a way that I can use the old mod only to change alignment and money? I don't necessarily need the walkthrough at the moment.

4.70 star(s) 31 Votes