Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK Walkthrough+Cheat Mod [v0.10.1][scrappy]

4.70 star(s) 31 Votes

Venoma

Nov 30, 2018
Yeah the few interactions I've had with DPC weren't all that pleasent. In the beginning he seemed like a cool dude eager to learn and just please his audience. But as his games grew more popular he just became an narcissistic asshole imo. Despite to say I stopped donating once I saw that side of him. I mean just look at the elitist tiers on his patreon now lmao
Don't see how this mod is in any way hindering the progress ot anything of his game. Besides, I am fairly sure the f95 community is the place where his works get the most exposure.
Last I checked his game has 3500+ reviews on Steam. Which from a dev standpoint is and will always be the more favorable "exposure" they'd ideally want that to be coming from. As opposed to, you know...a place the overwhelming majority of people come to download his game without a single dime going his way.

Your evaluation into his character also seems to be skimming over the "people can suck" factor. Which from his own personal pov...I'm guessing especially includes people who are playing his own offered game and yet are constantly complaining in mass to him about outside factor issues (many of which people make absolute zero effort to research into the answers that have already been offered 100x before) he himself has no control over fixing.

Or basically, take the people suck factor going on in this mod thread, where even a lot of the very conveniently timed "just wanted to say we appreciate your efforts Scrappy!" still can read with a underlining intention of people really just wanting to say "game update is out. it's been a few hours so where is it? chop chop", and multiply it by 100 I'd assume. By many people who aren't paying him a dime for that effort expectation either.

So from that POV I completely get not wanting to support a mod for a game that essentially stopped needing or probably even ideally wants any "exposure" on this piracy board a long time ago.

weirdscix

Apr 10, 2021
There is a very big difference between not supporting a mod and actually making modding harder, which is what he is doing.
I agree, it's a single player game with no IAP so modding shouldn't be an issue, if it's intentional code to stop modding then that is a bit of a dick move, most game developers have no issue with modding unless it effects online multiplayer

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
There is a very big difference between not supporting a mod and actually making modding harder, which is what he is doing.
I agree, it's a single player game with no IAP so modding shouldn't be an issue, if it's intentional code to stop modding then that is a bit of a dick move, most game developers have no issue with modding unless it effects online multiplayer
Still..same concept...showing he doesn't want his game pirated and/or modded, because..well...we all wanna actually get paid for our work instead of having it stolen on the internet by the masses, and then have those thieves complain about everything constantly.
Musicians, actors, developers, artists, etc, etc.....people can't make any money these days without having to deal with garbage they shouldn't have to deal with. It's almost like the world feels as if they're OWED free shit, now. (oops...I almost went on a long rant haha...k..back to reality now)

Sculp

Sep 3, 2018
Still..same concept...showing he doesn't want his game pirated and/or modded, because..well...we all wanna actually get paid for our work instead of having it stolen on the internet by the masses, and then have those thieves complain about everything constantly.
Musicians, actors, developers, artists, etc, etc.....people can't make any money these days without having to deal with garbage they shouldn't have to deal with. It's almost like the world feels as if they're OWED free shit, now. (oops...I almost went on a long rant haha...k..back to reality now)
But didn't he also published his own work here if he was against it then why did he published it here.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: FookU2

SaddamHussein

Aug 4, 2018
Bruh you're on a pirate site and telling to people "pirating bad" ? :KEK:

Anoxida

Aug 27, 2018
This mod is beneficial to anyone who wants to explore the entire game not just pirates. I know he has a walkthrough for Patreons but this is way more convenient, his stance on this affects the people who pay as well. It's lame.

MichaelJordan

Jul 23, 2017
Updating mod every game upd, when it's getting harder and harder, while adding more and more features. Dude is a legend.

Faceless0ne

Sep 8, 2018
And there we have a, if not the big problem of today. See, I don't want to pirate shit but every branche of entertainment, music, movies, TV, books, games, you name it, is filled with people who do that to make $money$ and to out myself here, I'm that old that I still know and miss the times where entertainment was done by people who wanted to tell a story or just liked it to, well entertain others.

Reactions: FookU2

weirdscix

Apr 10, 2021
Who said anything about developers not getting paid, I was on about modding?

firefox_jEd71R1sxu.png

Reactions: skullker

Stingus

Jan 31, 2019
Last I checked his game has 3500+ reviews on Steam. Which from a dev standpoint is and will always be the more favorable "exposure" they'd ideally want that to be coming from. As opposed to, you know...a place the overwhelming majority of people come to download his game without a single dime going his way.

Your evaluation into his character also seems to be skimming over the "people can suck" factor. Which from his own personal pov...I'm guessing especially includes people who are playing his own offered game and yet are constantly complaining in mass to him about outside factor issues (many of which people make absolute zero effort to research into the answers that have already been offered 100x before) he himself has no control over fixing.

Or basically, take the people suck factor going on in this mod thread, where even a lot of the very conveniently timed "just wanted to say we appreciate your efforts Scrappy!" still can read with a underlining intention of people really just wanting to say "game update is out. it's been a few hours so where is it? chop chop", and multiply it by 100 I'd assume. By many people who aren't paying him a dime for that effort expectation either.

So from that POV I completely get not wanting to support a mod for a game that essentially stopped needing or probably even ideally wants any "exposure" on this piracy board a long time ago.
You chose to nitpick all I said just focusing on the mod issue. Honestly I was speaking to his character. A lot of people know how he is, I've 'known' him for quite some time, and followed, and love his games. I do agree with some of the points you made, and sure steam gives him the money and exposure. But how many patrons came from this website alone? I support devs, I support modders, I support anyone who shows they appreciate the support. I stopped donating towards DPC after a rather unsavory comment he made towards me and a bunch of other patreons on a friendly discussion. I was just giving my 2 cents about who I see. And yeah I am here, waiting for scrappy's mod, and yes he does a great job and should get just as much appreciation. It's a whole different work but doesn't mean it's any less complicated.
So I apologise if I offended you in some way, but I was just stating my own opinion.

hkennereth

Mar 3, 2019
Bruh you're on a pirate site and telling to people "pirating bad" ? :KEK:
You can be doing something bad and still be aware that it's not a good thing. Yes, piracy is bad for the developers, if nobody pays for the games, devs can't afford to make them. The fact that we are getting the game for free here doesn't change that fact, and being aware that what we are doing is not helping the devs at all just means we can keep "looting the booty" without feeling entitled to a level of support that you'd usually have to pay for.

Jul 13, 2018
well still waiting for the mod haven't played the game yet because i am waiting for the mod to be updated so i can continue having the best relationship for each paths
Goodluck Scrappy

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
Modding a game =/= piracy.

4.70 star(s) 31 Votes