Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK Walkthrough+Cheat Mod [v0.10.1][scrappy]

4.70 star(s) 30 Votes

Deleted member 563623

Apr 19, 2018
like i wrote in my previous post before yours , the problem is the last BaDik version 0.3.1 detect the use of the mod and it's not possible to use previous saves ...
But the problem isn't just using previous saves, it force closes itself when you try to start a new game too.

Suryujin

Oct 6, 2017
Just delete the two cheat detection scripts located at BeingADIK-0.3.1-pc\game\scripts\misc (after using unren).
Tried and it doesn't work, even then it shows the same error. If there are any more steps please let me know.
Also you can't even use your old save file in an unmodified game.
It is detecting something inside the save files too.
But the problem isn't just using previous saves, it force closes itself when you try to start a new game too.
hi i deleted them but its still showing up :cry:
Could it be... that the cheat detection script is still bundled up in scripts.rpa?

...can be savely deleted, v0.3.0 mod works on v0.3.1 game and I can start a new game.

Edit: Crap, you were faster scrappy. ;P

Also, I've quickly tested your mod, before editing my post. I can start a new game and load a save from v0.3.0. Though... *cough*... where exactly is your "new cheat menu"?

Last edited:

ricplacekick

Aug 12, 2018
Could it be... that the cheat detection script is still bundled up in scripts.rpa?

...can be savely deleted, v0.3.0 mod works on v0.3.1 game and I can start a new game.
This non-moddoble thing. Yeah i guess it may seem so at first glance for those who didn't follow the thread and wasn't dealing with related issues, just hopped in and started jumping to conclusions.

Here is the story in brief: Both the users of the walkthrough mod AND low-spec machines with low memory and integrated graphics had experienced severe memory leak issues. The walkthrough mod issue could be solved, sort of, because it pretty much just requires a mod update, a clean restart, the usuall stuff that lots of people are not aware of.

The low-spec issue though needed to be solver by DPC. And it seem like it was. That one line in the changelog that deals with it? Now thats the main, most important part. That was a serious issue. People with the mod who bothered him, its unfortuante he reacted like that and its unfortunate as well that the MOD part of the issue got the spotlight.

The mod issue should have been brought to the modder's attention.. or us. Lot of guys did that, several guys active on this thread helped those. DPC addressed the issue too so this isn't about anti-modding. Its about the damage a mod MAY do is the responsibility of the modder and the people who use it. This wasn't an issue before but now it was, a serious issue for once, but the game is still moddable i assume.

scrappy

Modder
May 26, 2017
Suryujin

Good to hear that it works as for the cheat menu I meant "New" as in working with old saves and not crashing everytime you try to play

Reactions: kookieman12

fortuna95

Lezz kiss for peace!
Donor
Feb 7, 2018
I just tested it, nope!

EDIT: ok, with Unren and delete the both cheat detect files and all RPA-files it works now! :)

Last edited:

Sasha2018

Jun 10, 2017
this is best adult game ever i played. I didnt played acting lesson, but is acting lesson also damn good like this?

Baxonius

Nov 23, 2018
a bit confus here.
DL mega OP, get file from #249
install unren and then delete all .rpa in main folder? its that?
confus about post #244 with BeingADIK-0.3.1-pc\game\scripts\misc
so?

b h

Feb 26, 2018
Where are those RPA files located? which needed to be deleted

There are no RPA files in main folder
The file should be in the BeingADIK-0.3.1-pc\game folder. That being said does the + and - DIK points work with the mod? I add them and the bar shows the updated status but choices don't become available

Reactions: theCosmo

User #19006

Apr 29, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Hi there all perv pirates known and unknown !

Sorry to ask maybe a little inocent ..... That means if I download and Install and use the Cheatmod (following Install instuctions of the WTMod) it works ? or have to delete the script.rpa file and use the file wich is provided in the Mod Thread to make the saves compatible?)

4.70 star(s) 30 Votes