Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK Walkthrough+Cheat Mod [v0.10.1][scrappy]

4.70 star(s) 30 Votes

darkstrife

Dec 13, 2018
kookieman12 metallicaphil

Delete all the .rpa files as well

Also can people try this new cheat menu if it breaks the saves as well?
Still get the splash screen error deleting all the files in the /misc folder, however, if I delete the scripts.rpa file in the /game folder as well it seems to work (with errors)

Would updating the mod in a way that doesn't involve deleting files be viable? Just curious if I should perhaps start a fresh game or expect the mod to be as is with workaround. Thanks!

scrappy

Modder
May 26, 2017
Still get the splash screen error deleting all the files in the /misc folder, however, if I delete the scripts.rpa file in the /game folder as well it seems to work (with errors)

Would updating the mod in a way that doesn't involve deleting files be viable? Just curious if I should perhaps start a fresh game or expect the mod to be as is with workaround. Thanks!
Did you try using the cheat mod I linked in the post above yours?

Reactions: Canto Forte

EnterpriseNL

Donor
Aug 16, 2017
I've loaded my save and it's working fine, deleted the Cheatdetection files first, and then the scripts.rpa, and I have the new cheat mod file in the game folder

I also loaded my latest save file, not a earlier one, since earlier saves will give you errors

Reactions: Canto Forte

topsykretts89

May 17, 2019
So would anyone be willing to type out just your basic 1) - 2) - 3) step-by-step on how the mod is supposed to be installed with the modkiller in this new version?

i greatly appreciate the efforts put in by everyone, especially scrappy for making the mod in the first place!, but I had a hard enough time figuring out unren and whatnot the first time. I really suck at this stuff. sorry to be the one that had to ask for the spark notes guys!

Reactions: bt07 and Jamaine

EnterpriseNL

Donor
Aug 16, 2017
1. Download the main game and unpack it
2. Download Unren and unpack Unren v.0.7
3. Paste Unren file into Being-a-dik main folder
3a. Use Unren and use option 1) 2) and if you want 3)
4. Go into folder beingadik/Game/scripts/misc and delete both Cheatdetection files
5. Download this file Updated mod + walkthrough and paste it into Beingadik/Game
6. Delete scripts.rpa from beingadik/game folder
7. Done and the game should now work, NOTE: Use the latest save file

scrappy You can use this as install instructions in the OP, improve it if necessary

EDIT: This is obsolete, use instructions in OP post

Last edited:

topsykretts89

May 17, 2019
2. Paste Unren file into Being-a-dik main folder
3. Use Unren and use option 1) 2) and if you want 3)
4. Go into folder beingadik/Game/scripts/misc and delete both Cheatdetection files
5. Download this file https://f95zone.to/threads/being-a-dik-walkthrough-cheat-mod-v0-3-0-scrappy.29402/post-2299766 and paste it into Beingadik/Game

you rock! thanks very much man, ill give it a shot now

Reactions: EnterpriseNL

topsykretts89

May 17, 2019
2. Paste Unren file into Being-a-dik main folder
3. Use Unren and use option 1) 2) and if you want 3)
5. Download this file https://f95zone.to/threads/being-a-dik-walkthrough-cheat-mod-v0-3-0-scrappy.29402/post-2299766 and paste it into Beingadik/Game
quick question on "4. Go into folder beingadik/Game/scripts/misc and delete both Cheatdetection files" if you dont mind?

going into the main folder that has the launcher and the game folder etc, then into the game folder, only provides the RPA files. there is no "scripts" that would therein contain "/misc/" to delete the cheatdetection files, unless i dont have the proper program? i clicked on the scripts RPA file and it opened with note pad which was gibberish.

did i miss something or skip something?

Dependable_223

Engaged Member
Jan 3, 2019
  1. Download unren and place it into your Being a DIK folder
  2. Run unren and pick option 9)All of the above
  3. Go Into Being a Dik\game folder and delete script.rpa files if it doesn't exist skip this step
  4. Go into Being a Dik\game\scripts\misc and delete both cheat_detection files
  5. Go into Being a Dik\game\saves and delete the persistent file
  6. On Windows press windows key+R, a window will pop up type into it %appdata%
  7. Find the folder Renpy then the Folder Being a DIK (order by date) and delete the persistent file
  8. Extract the mod to the folder where you Installed Being a Dik
Will this now be standard way to install this mod or is this only temporary thing ??

4.70 star(s) 30 Votes