Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK Walkthrough+Cheat Mod [v0.10.1][scrappy]

4.70 star(s) 31 Votes

keltboy

Apr 30, 2017
Scrappy, waiting for your good work as ever. God bless Cake and you for making this game even more full and enjoyable. Currently my neutral fuck them all save is waiting while I am playing on Maya and Josy only save from here and boy it sucks to miss 80% of content

Samken

Respected User
Jul 20, 2017
Hotfix for the mod. It does not work if you're trying to go after every girl under the sun, it'll make you stuck at the 1st Freeroam section, otherwise, it's fine. This is only for really desperate people really, I would recommend waiting for Scrappy, but it's your choice.

Credit goes to Dr. Krieger

Makaikishi

Sep 26, 2016
Hey guys, i got a question here. If i want to start over (like i always do) on version 0.8.0 with no mod, after the mod gets updated to 0.8.0 will my save be compatible?
Should i start over from 0.7.2 with the mod and then wait for the 0.8.0 mod to transfer my save or that wouldn't work? I'm asking cause i have zero knowledge about coding so i have no idea if in this update (having something updated on renpy) may break or just straight up make it incompatible with the modded version once it gets finished.

test7777

Jun 6, 2017
In update8.rpy

Python:
if renpy.loadable("1NewCheatMod.rpyc"):
    $ persistent._clear(progress=True)
    $ renpy.save_persistent()
    $ renpy.quit()
Dr PinkCake is one of the few developers that are actually worth subscribing too, with consistent updates and good content, but come on, thats just sad...

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
In update8.rpy

Python:
if renpy.loadable("1NewCheatMod.rpyc"):
    $ persistent._clear(progress=True)
    $ renpy.save_persistent()
    $ renpy.quit()
Dr PinkCake is one of the few developers that are actually worth subscribing too, with consistent updates and good content, but come on, thats just sad...
So it looks like scrappy's mod will have to deal with that bit of code.
As for DPC. You're right it's damn sad. But he's never been above manipulating his players to achieve some perceived gain. I wonder WHY he objects to mods that make his game more popular.

Maybe, he'll learn a lesson here. Once any game draws a big enough following, there will be many who scrutinize everything and reveal things like exploits, shortcuts, easter eggs, or anything else of interest. No game developer, even those the size of Blizzard, have the resources to compete with unpaid droves who take things apart because of personal interest or curiosity.

BaDik has reached that level of popularity. Welcome to the microscope DPC...

4.70 star(s) 31 Votes