Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK Walkthrough+Cheat Mod [v0.10.1][scrappy]

4.70 star(s) 31 Votes

Canade

Sep 26, 2018
Scrappy, God bless you, man. Thank you for your hard work.
View attachment 1508681

P.S. It's funny how people are all shocked and surprised DPC is so against mods and stuff. Have you talked to the fella? His ego dwarfs empire state building. Heaven forbid someone changes something in his perfect creation.
I won't play this game without a mod which goes to show just how I feel about at least one of the minigames that DPC put in. The dialog can also be a pain which is why I also use the mod; well written, but very easy to miss something if wrong dialog options are chosen.

Reactions: -L-L-MJ-

Tyledon

Dec 26, 2019
Why it broke your heart though. I would be totally cool with it. You will keep those dollars now instead of giving to that Dr. Pink Ego. He doesn't deserve that much support from all those patrons anyway.
True. There are some very promising creators coming out lately. You guys seen Ocean LG? He is not as known as Dr Pink Cake, but his games are far better. Summer's Gone points out to be a master piece. But he is like 16,000 patreon behind.

KingDick77

Feb 7, 2021
True. There are some very promising creators coming out lately. You guys seen Ocean LG? He is not as known as Dr Pink Cake, but his games are far better. Summer's Gone points out to be a master piece. But he is like 16,000 patreon behind.
You are right! Summer's Gone is an amazing game. Ocean deserves a lot more support than is getting rn. I just wished he put out updates faster.

JohnEffinDoe

Jun 11, 2017
I love Being A DIK, but Dr Pink Cake not so much. I've been supporting being a DIK in the patreon for like almost a year now. Asked in the discord if the crash was related to the game or if it was due to something else. Got banned instantly from the discord and patreon. :( I guess I get it that he doesn't like modded talks, but damn. Didn't even get a warning or a reason for the ban. Broke my heart.
I have seen some reviews stating the same behaviour of drpinkcake. I haven't played the game too much to asses why it is so hyped but I can't imagine how much shit his team have to bear to work alongside him since he such a prick in real life, to him everyone is disposable and replaceable.

Rurr

Jun 15, 2020
I have seen some reviews stating the same behaviour of drpinkcake. I haven't played the game too much to asses why it is so hyped but I can't imagine how much shit his team have to bear to work alongside him since he such a prick in real life, to him everyone is disposable and replaceable.
He work alone...... he don't want to spend money on team or i guess he want to control everything

Reactions: JohnEffinDoe

RedChronic

Mar 18, 2020
wait... am I getting this correct the dev purposely made it so your saves will be deleted if you use the mod just to be spiteful?

Or am I understanding that wrong.

Reactions: johndoe19

Samken

Respected User
Jul 20, 2017
wait... am I getting this correct the dev purposely made it so your saves will be deleted if you use the mod just to be spiteful?

Or am I understanding that wrong.
Not deleted, but you'll be booted out of the game pretty early on in chapter 8 without a hotfix I posted a while ago. Also, your saves will be marked, so he'll know if/when you report it back to him.

He is also pretty "ban happy" in regards to reports about modded saves on his discord as well, so that would not be a very advisable thing to do.

Last edited:

Talmadge

May 7, 2018
Hey Scrappy, love your work. Just wondering how long until the 8.0 update for this mod so that it works with the newest update? Thanks.

4.70 star(s) 31 Votes