Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK Walkthrough+Cheat Mod [v0.10.1][scrappy]

4.70 star(s) 31 Votes

Vulcan23

Oct 20, 2019
I do sometimes wonder how long DPC spends time putting anti-cheati measurements on before doing other things related to the episode, probably just a fun way to spend a Friday Night after rendering things. Just a funny thought.

Jul 4, 2018
I do sometimes wonder how long DPC spends time putting anti-cheati measurements on before doing other things related to the episode, probably just a fun way to spend a Friday Night after rendering things. Just a funny thought.
Game would probably be done in half the time but he spends the other half putting military grade antimodding into it :LOL:

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
Game would probably be done in half the time but he spends the other half putting military grade antimodding into it :LOL:
I never understood why being against this so hard, I mean I get it if that broke your game and you are pissed people will come to you to fix it but you should let people do whatever the fuck they want with the game so long you make it clear you won't support them if they break their save games... there is no need to keep pissing off part of your fan base that likes to play with cheats on.

Just my point of view.

Jul 4, 2018
I never understood why being against this so hard, I mean I get it if that broke your game and you are pissed people will come to you to fix it but you should let people do whatever the fuck they want with the game so long you make it clear you won't support them if they break their save games... there is no need to keep pissing off part of your fan base that likes to play with cheats on.

Just my point of view.
amen

warlator

Apr 11, 2018
Download this
Then put rpy file to game folder in Beeing a Dick folder. then start a game, in game press alt-m. In search icon put cheatcat2 and find that variable. Then click on value of that variable and delete all text, then press change.
dude you're a real savior!

Reactions: PeterSBigD

Azk66

Oct 14, 2020
I hardly call that military grades. It take 10 minutes to find then and disable them. Doing properly the WT that Scrappy did on the other hand takes quite the time. I checked his mod and boy the guy is committed. That's really nice, clean and efficient.

I would advice to players not to try chapter 8 with the file "1NewCheatMod.rpy" because a before the end of the first dialog, there is a security that will (if I'm not mistaken) delete all the persistent data, save the empty data and quit the game. You won't loose your save but you risk loosing the data that represent some of your past choices.

Remove completely the files : "1NewCheatMod.rpy" and "1NewCheatMod.rpyc" or rename "1NewCheatMod.rpy" and remove "1NewCheatMod.rpyc". I might be wrong but I won't take the chance

Perv_26

May 4, 2017
I have an issue. Still playing game v0.7.2 with the mod but the cheats button doesn't show up on my saved game. If I start a new game, it's there. I tried the 'fix' as well but that didn't work.

The only thing that changed is I reinstalled Windows 10, copying my saves folder over before formatting. Any ideas?

Azk66

Oct 14, 2020
It seems that even the simplest things have changed, so my guess is Scrappy will have a lot of work. Even the freeroam phone chat changed in v0.8 and most of the conversations are now broken. I am currently fixing them in my own game, and it takes time. DPC does not make this easy ^^

Reactions: Andromeda

Vulcan23

Oct 20, 2019

Just my point of view.
My only real guess is that people kept pestering him to fix issues and bugs, and that he basically grew so sick of being someone else's tech support, he just put measures in an attempt to discourage people from even using cheats in the first place. This theory is certainly lent credence by the fact that, he has put in flags in the save files to see if the save is modded. Whether or not said technical errors were related to the mod is probably entirely unrelated but it doesn't take an easy guess to see he probably guessed half of the time it was because they were cheating. I don't exactly condone or support his methods but it would make logical sense as to why he probably doesn't want them.

4.70 star(s) 31 Votes