Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK Walkthrough+Cheat Mod [v0.10.1][scrappy]

4.70 star(s) 31 Votes

omegashrn

Jul 26, 2017
It's a shame it's taking longer than expected due to DPK being stupid and totally against any kind of mods for the game, you will never stop the internet modding or changing your game. He needs to get over it and stop trying, same with all the devs adding DRM. It will be broken so just stop trying.

Vulcan23

Oct 20, 2019
It's a shame it's taking longer than expected due to DPK being stupid and totally against any kind of mods for the game, you will never stop the internet modding or changing your game. He needs to get over it and stop trying, same with all the devs adding DRM. It will be broken so just stop trying.
I'd say with the flag system he has installed, the optimistic side of me wants to think he can probably sort them out better so he doesn't need to bother with anti-cheating measures.

jefi2000

Apr 23, 2020
Do you remember when id Software put Denuvo anti cheat in Doom Eternal and everyone hated it so they removed it due to pissing off a bunch of fans? Yeah, DPC doesn't.

Last edited:
Reactions: Codex07 and acondo

burden boy

Jan 28, 2020
Download this
Then put rpy file to game folder in Beeing a Dick folder. then start a game, in game press alt-m. In search icon put cheatcat2 and find that variable. Then click on value of that variable and delete all text, then press change.
this mod is actually insane lol

Kaze4506

Mar 6, 2021
Love this mod!!! Shame it's acting up with version 8... Since everything is on a scripted timeline, there is no way to max your skills, or earn enough money to do everything. I enjoyed playing 7.2 with this mod much more than the base game. I was looking at buying it on steam, but now I'm not so sure...
Thanks so much for your time and effort in this.

Eretain

Jan 26, 2021
I agree. It's seriously illogical to be so against modding IMO. Modding helps to keep a game going even after it's complete and sometimes draws in people that wouldn't even play otherwise. Let people play how they want. It's not an online game FFS. We're all just here to enjoy some good plots in both senses of the word in our own way.

TheAnimence8

Oct 15, 2016
I agree. It's seriously illogical to be so against modding IMO. Modding helps to keep a game going even after it's complete and sometimes draws in people that wouldn't even play otherwise. Let people play how they want. It's not an online game FFS. We're all just here to enjoy some good plots in both senses of the word in our own way.
Yeah never really got that myself, but hey least we're still getting the mod, and at least for me with my shitty internet by the time the mods done that my download for the game will be finished :D

Reactions: Eretain

RedBud412

Jun 19, 2021
I do know a different game I play on Steam requires a completely different mod than the mod game uses when downloaded off a different website. I don't know if that is same for all games. But if it is the case, seems he is shooting himself in foot by being so anti game mods. It seems hard enough for modders to keep up with non steam versions pretty nor steam versions too. I did buy season 1 off Steam. It's how I got introduced to this game. I played it without a mod using a walkthru guide. I won't be playing season 2 the same way. I will be using a mod. Therefore, I'll save the money I would of spent on buying season 2 off steam. At end of the day, it would be money out his pocket, and I'll still be playing the game the way I prefer.

TheAnimence8

Oct 15, 2016
True. I'm personally hoping we can still choose multiple girls with the mod here. Guess we'll see! Either way, I'm really glad we have Scrappy.
Agreed on that, tho that being said I really like the story for the game so its nice to see the story from different sides, tho I understand not everyone wants to go through the hassle of all that :p

Reactions: Eretain

Alma_Elma

Game Developer
May 1, 2017
True. I'm personally hoping we can still choose multiple girls with the mod here. Guess we'll see! Either way, I'm really glad we have Scrappy.
If you're throughout enough it should be possible by turning on the flags necessary, and turning off the other ones when it checks multiples ones, i do that myself, if there's no harem path i just make it myself :WeSmart:

Eretain

Jan 26, 2021
If you're throughout enough it should be possible by turning on the flags necessary, and turning off the other ones when it checks multiples ones, i do that myself, if there's no harem path i just make it myself :WeSmart:
Good idea! Really glad we can mess around with flags/variables with the mod.

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
My only real guess is that people kept pestering him to fix issues and bugs, and that he basically grew so sick of being someone else's tech support, he just put measures in an attempt to discourage people from even using cheats in the first place. This theory is certainly lent credence by the fact that, he has put in flags in the save files to see if the save is modded. Whether or not said technical errors were related to the mod is probably entirely unrelated but it doesn't take an easy guess to see he probably guessed half of the time it was because they were cheating. I don't exactly condone or support his methods but it would make logical sense as to why he probably doesn't want them.
Well, you can always just say in your patreon and discord you are not going to fix broken saves like Drifty or many other devs say and after that is up to people if they want to risk fucking up their saves but I think going against cheating this hard doesn't look good on any dev, not even DPC.

and dpc motives for no cheating is because he wants people to play his games the way he did makes them instead of with mods that will in a way make it easier on the player.
From that perspective is good but it can also be annoying if you consider that in a way since you want to "force" people to play it your way instead of their way.
In a way is like having drm in a game because many people pirate them, they will always find a way to pirate them and the more they force it the more probably is those people won't support them since no one likes to be forced into things. Kinda why some games in gog with no drm like witcher beat the sales of those with drm shit.

in any case, with the console is kinda easy to turn off those variables.

4.70 star(s) 31 Votes