Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK Walkthrough+Cheat Mod [v0.10.1][scrappy]

4.70 star(s) 31 Votes
Jun 14, 2021
What would I do if the mod isn't available yet and I want to play? Would everything run fine, just no cheats for episode 8?
You need to download a hotfix and put it in the game folder to play with your old/modded saves. I tried playing ep8 last night and early this morning with that hotfix (you need to go back a few pages to find the post about the hotfix). Almost everything worked fine, except for that recital thingy, I had to choose to skip the recital twice and got to see the results, not the process, but that's ok for me.

You can still use the console commands to cheat. I only tested the money cheat and it worked just fine.

xzorax

May 29, 2020
You need to download a hotfix and put it in the game folder to play with your old/modded saves. I tried playing ep8 last night and early this morning with that hotfix (you need to go back a few pages to find the post about the hotfix). Almost everything worked fine, except for that recital thingy, I had to choose to skip the recital twice and got to see the results, not the process, but that's ok for me.

You can still use the console commands to cheat. I only tested the money cheat and it worked just fine.
hotfix didnt work for me everytime i load the save it still gives me the modded save thing

DawBeats

Feb 14, 2021

The Hotfix is necessary if I start from the beginning ? I deleted all my saves so i won't have problem ?

KanyeT

Mar 15, 2020

You can cheat with the console? I didn't even know there was a console.

I just want to unlock all the scenes and rewards, can you please tell me how I would go about doing this?

bigmen

Jan 17, 2018

I just want to unlock all the scenes and rewards, can you please tell me how I would go about doing this?
Theres already a gallery unlocker in the game thread

Jun 14, 2021
hotfix didnt work for me everytime i load the save it still gives me the modded save thing
I put the unzipped folder (I remember the folder name should be season2 or something like that?) from the hotfix zipped file in the folder named "game" where you should see other subfolders and .rpa files). For me, the issue didn't happen at the start (the James and Bella scene) as I used one of my modded saves. My game just quit after some time, somewhere before the MC went out for that dinner date with Jill and her friends.

Jun 14, 2021
The Hotfix is necessary if I start from the beginning ? I deleted all my saves so i won't have problem ?
Well, I believe you do not need the hotfix if you start from scratch.

From what I know, the hotfix is just for those who have/use modded saves in the latest version of this game.

Jun 14, 2021

I do not recall there's a console command to unlock all the scenes and rewards. I know you can use console commands for getting pocket money, mansion repair money, DIK/CHICK points and some other stuff. You need to change the config. console from False to True in 00console.rpy (which you can find in renpy\common\) to enable the console. The file can be opened and edited with Notepad++.

As bigmen has pointed out, you can follow the advice and try to see if the gallery unlocker still works with ep8.

drifter139

Dec 11, 2019
really scrappy is pretty quick to update their mods. it just takes a bit longer with games like this since there are so many different choices and paths and variables

Reactions: Eretain

KanyeT

Mar 15, 2020
Theres already a gallery unlocker in the game thread
I do not recall there's a console command to unlock all the scenes and rewards. I know you can use console commands for getting pocket money, mansion repair money, DIK/CHICK points and some other stuff. You need to change the config. console from False to True in 00console.rpy (which you can find in renpy\common\) to enable the console. The file can be opened and edited with Notepad++.

As bigmen has pointed out, you can follow the advice and try to see if the gallery unlocker still works with ep8.
I found it, thanks guys! Saves me the wait!

KeShane

Jun 3, 2020
and you forgot the anti cheat script. darn DPC...
It's not like it benefits him, adding that. there is no online feature.
just a waste of time spending time to add it.

Reactions: Roar Shark
4.70 star(s) 31 Votes