Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK Walkthrough+Cheat Mod [v0.10.1][scrappy]

4.70 star(s) 31 Votes

LatinEmperor

May 6, 2020
Scrappy is making the smart choice to not make an all routes feature. DIK's developer seem to have hard-code a bug, where if a player have more than one route, the game will cause an infinite loop. Only way to avoid a full grind from the start is if you kept a EP8 version with the multi-mod allowing you to modify relationships. You will need to create a save file for each route, and there is no way to avoid having to replay the party multiple times. If it is simply gallery you want, there is a gallery unlock on the main page of the game.
In other words, Scrappy is saving himself from having to find a way around the dev's cheat blocks for every updates.
P.S. It is sad to see the developer being more and more aggressive against modders who helped make his game popular, but in the end it is his game. Modders are simply fans who want to help other fans, so it is wise to not treat them as if they are employees.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: allanl9020142

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
DIK's developer seem to have hard-code a bug, where if a player have more than one route, the game will cause an infinite loop.
That's not a bug. That is the story line. If you do something what isn't programmed by the dev you can't expect it works. You know GTA V? What would happen if Anthony kills Franklin when he mets him because a mod allows this? The game will crash next time when Franklin is involved. Same principle here with MC on more than one branch.

• Angry
Reactions: LightmanP and buggs

Adonis22

Nov 21, 2021
Scrappy is making the smart choice to not make an all routes feature. DIK's developer seem to have hard-code a bug, where if a player have more than one route, the game will cause an infinite loop. Only way to avoid a full grind from the start is if you kept a EP8 version with the multi-mod allowing you to modify relationships. You will need to create a save file for each route, and there is no way to avoid having to replay the party multiple times. If it is simply gallery you want, there is a gallery unlock on the main page of the game.
In other words, Scrappy is saving himself from having to find a way around the dev's cheat blocks for every updates.
P.S. It is sad to see the developer being more and more aggressive against modders who helped make his game popular, but in the end it is his game. Modders are simply fans who want to help other fans, so it is wise to not treat them as if they are employees.
Yea that's why apart from a harem route, I have save files for each option - 5Mgs and others as it should be. I was hoping Scrappy might solve it but this will not work forever.

angcal

Oct 18, 2019
I have downloaded the game (Season 3) but when I run it, it doesn't open, I just get the black screen of the game and it closes, does anyone know how to fix it? Thanks.

Darth Vengeant

May 6, 2020
Thanks scrappy. You need to update the Change-log.

This is why I hate multiple paths in games. I'ts just frankly not enjoyable imo. When I play a game, I play it ONCE. I have too many other games to play. Having multiple saves is also confusing. So, I just watch the scenes from other paths in the Gallery Unlocked.

Last edited:

Mr.Grim

Apr 28, 2019
Well the mod seems to be working fine for me at the moment ofc it's annoying having to change which character you pick episode 8 everytime you talk with them to get their scene. But it's something I'll live with. Also if anyone is on Isabelle path you have to talk with Tara the ghost early on in the party other wise you'll bugg the game out.

Reactions: CircaAD

rbk096

May 23, 2020
Well the mod seems to be working fine for me at the moment ofc it's annoying having to change which character you pick episode 8 everytime you talk with them to get their scene. But it's something I'll live with. Also if anyone is on Isabelle path you have to talk with Tara the ghost early on in the party other wise you'll bugg the game out.
Where did you find her?

Hawka1O7

Dec 25, 2018
Can I ask where/at what points you're doing your changes at specifically to get through, cause again I'm switching to all alone before I meet Jade but she's still calling me out right now that our affair has ended and I haven't been able to advance since :cry:

Mr.Grim

Apr 28, 2019
I see now if anyone get's the Talk to the ghost bug i'm fairly curtain you have to get that cutscene on belle path other wise you'll screw up the task bar entirely and will be bug becuase Tara will have left the party while the game thinks you still haven't done Belle library talk.

NewbieH4x

Jul 11, 2020
Game updated to v0.9.1. It'll be some time until I'm able to finish the download. Can anyone confirm if the mod works with latest version of the game?

Thanks!

Mr.Grim

Apr 28, 2019
Can I ask where/at what points you're doing your changes at specifically to get through, cause again I'm switching to all alone before I meet Jade but she's still calling me out right now that our affair has ended and I haven't been able to advance since :cry:
I always change to alone path when talking to Derek other wise you've loaded into much and the game won't think you on alone path

Reactions: Hawka1O7

Darth Vengeant

May 6, 2020
We have v0.9.1.

I'll wait until Scrappy confirms if we need a new mod or it still works, because it looks like a few things were changed in the update.

Suck because I JUST started playing it an hours ago, I guss i'll have to wait.

I would also like some way to cheat in the House Partly mini game thing, that is frankly ridiculous.

Last edited:
Reactions: monk456

Hawka1O7

Dec 25, 2018
I always change to alone path when talking to Derek other wise you've loaded into much and the game won't think you on alone path
Thanks, we need a new guide now on how and when to switch with our all in one saves, I only went as far back initially at the start of the flash back :unsure:

Darth Vengeant

May 6, 2020
Thanks, we need a new guide now on how and when to switch with our all in one saves, I only went as far back initially at the start of the flash back :unsure:
I started 9.0 and created three versions of saves using Scrappys mod to change the girl you chose from the end of Season 2. One for Jill, One for Isabella, and one for Jose and Maya. I think this should stop any errors.

allanl9020142

Aug 23, 2018
I don't know whether that's an intentional thing DPC did to fuck with modders. It might just be a bug that happens because you're not supposed to be on more than one route and that alone corrupts the save files.
I can't find any definitive proof that DPC intentionally causes the loop.
To me, it seems that there are lines that change based on certain choices you've made in previous episodes where you can only pick one choice. If you made all of them, then the line is left blank and it loops back because the script doesn't know what else to do.
Disclaimer: That's just my theory on what's happening. I'm probably wrong on the reasoning. I might even be wrong that DPC isn't intentionally wasting dev time to fuck with modders. THAT would make me salty as fuck. Not him fucking with modders but wasting even more time to do it.

For those still experiencing the looping: Did you choose more than one route at the end of ep 8?
I'm asking because I didn't but it seems like I had done some "choose all" mod choices previously and when I installed the mod, everything was fixed. I'm just wondering whether the loop is still happening because of that ep 8 choice or something different happened with my game after I installed the mod to get rid of the loop.
If yes, then maybe just go back to ep 8 really quick and just choose one route for each. Not like it'd take that long depending on how far along your save is from right before that choice. Though, you might want to turn off the "enable all choices" cheat and any other variable that conflicts as well.
I'm not saying it's going to work but I just want to see whether that's the problem.

Sike! Yea, nevermind. Fuck DPC. That shit caused me some grief. Why the fuck would he waste time just to fuck over mods and say they cause bugs when he's the one doing it?

Last edited:
4.70 star(s) 31 Votes