Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK Walkthrough+Cheat Mod [v0.10.1][scrappy]

4.70 star(s) 31 Votes

diferender

Mar 2, 2018
Any update on fixing the music app bug??
I don't think an update is necessary on my end if it's regarding your music app crashing. I think that has to do with that other mod you linked earlier, the music app seems to be working fine on my saves unless there's another issue that I'm not aware of.

Redd-rot

Oct 19, 2022
pfuu glad to hear that.
Unless it's a bug because of the mod, I can confirm you: I didn't cheat the test, and Bella says to my Tremolo "The result is very... mixed. At times I wondered if you took the same test." And Tremolo says "Oof, that sounds bad..."

It makes little sense to me. It's the kind of dialogue you could expect if you cheated and the answers you find in the bathroom were wrong. Maybe someone that has played the game without the mod could confirm if the scene is like that too? If you didn't cheated in the tests, does Bella says to Tremolo that thing of "I wondered if you took the same test"? I even passed all the minigames during the game with A+ thinking that it could have some effect in the future in Tremolo's grades.

I used to have a similar problem with older versions of this mod: I had some scenes of "Quinn's restaurant" even if I didn't accept Quinn's offer. It was a bug of this mod with some variable related with that event. Maybe this time is the same.

Last edited:

BoomDaBoom

Apr 29, 2017
Alright, so following up on this, I got around to work on my own take of scrappy's mod. Essentially, it has the same functionality, however I improved it a little bit (personal taste, of course).
  • New feature:
    • Menu options now show whether a particular option has any special results if you have a specific affinity
  • Improvements:
    • Menu options get resized when there are multiple lines
    • Added several characters to the variables menu
    • Made almost every single bool value in the game editable in the variables menu (should probably change that tab to Flags, maybe)
    • Cheat menu can be closed by pressing the Esc key
  • "Bug" fixes:
    • Removed DPC's code that closed or looped the game when you have scrappy's mod
    • The Bella arriving and shots starting event no longer infinitely loops when you have several branches active
  • WIP:
    • Harem route to allow you to view as many scenes as possible in a single playthrough (I don't have an ETA on this yet)
  • Notes:
    • This isn't compatible with scrappy's mod, you have to have only one or the other
    • Any feedback is greatly appreciated
    • I didn't proofread it that much, so excuse any typos and just let me know if you find any so I can fix them
    • So far I only added hints to EP9's choices, so if you want to play Interlude with a walkthrough you should use scrappy's mod, but I'm planning on getting to that, as well as going back to Seasons 1 and 2 to do the same there
View attachment 2276096 View attachment 2276099 View attachment 2276101 View attachment 2276102 View attachment 2276103 View attachment 2276104 View attachment 2276105 View attachment 2276106
It seems the mod isn't functioning for me. I get no highlighted choices or the ability to open the cheat menu. I'm using the saves that previously had the original mod installed if that may be causing it. (though hopefully not)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

diferender

Mar 2, 2018
It seems the mod isn't functioning for me. I get no highlighted choices or the ability to open the cheat menu. I'm using the saves that previously had the original mod installed if that may be causing it. (though hopefully not)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Hmm... Apparently the traceback is confusing, it's looking for an image that doesn't exist, even though there's an if to prevent that... while reporting that the issue is actually a font that can't be found. I didn't really want to upload a half finished mod (I've still yet to enable all branches content in the last freeroam, and I haven't actually tested it yet), but either you can test my harem route/workaround so far or just grab the fonts folder from this zip and let me know if that was it.

Reactions: BoomDaBoom

BoomDaBoom

Apr 29, 2017
Hmm... Apparently the traceback is confusing, it's looking for an image that doesn't exist, even though there's an if to prevent that... while reporting that the issue is actually a font that can't be found. I didn't really want to upload a half finished mod (I've still yet to enable all branches content in the last freeroam, and I haven't actually tested it yet), but either you can test my harem route/workaround so far or just grab the fonts folder from this zip and let me know if that was it.
I just installed the newer mod and the error is still persisting saying it can't find the Audrey-Bold font despite it being there. I am however able to see the walkthrough hints now, though they only appeared after I got the error with the cheat button and rolled back. But even then they didn't immediately show up, it was only after bouncing a few different save points did they pop up and are now consistent across all saves. Not sure if it matters, but here's the save I was testing out.

EDIT: Just tested with one of the clean saves posted on the main page and the problem still shows up there as well.

Last edited:

Twist_19

Aug 19, 2019
Does this mod allow you to change the variables in a save to swap which girl you are on a path with, or will I need a different save for every girl from season 2?

Redd-rot

Oct 19, 2022
Does this mod allow you to change the variables in a save to swap which girl you are on a path with, or will I need a different save for every girl from season 2?
You can change a good number of variables from previous seasons, but not all of them. In theory, you can swap girls with this mod, but it's a mess. I think that the best strategy if you want to follow different paths is to create different saves for every path you are interested in, from the moment you are forced to choose a path during the breakfast in chapter 8, and then create more separate saves for the paths that it seems are opened at the end of chapter 9. From chapter 1 to chapter 7, I had only two saves (DIK and CHIK) but after chapter 8 I ended up with different saves for Sage, Bella, Jill, and "single", and after chapter 9 I have added saves for Quinn, Riona, Lily and Nicole too. There are too many different paths right now to easily swap girls and choices just by changing some variables with a mod and it only will be worst next chapters.

budgierless

Aug 6, 2020
I don't think an update is necessary on my end if it's regarding your music app crashing. I think that has to do with that other mod you linked earlier, the music app seems to be working fine on my saves unless there's another issue that I'm not aware of.
Did you try to load my save file?

Last edited:

Pury123

Nov 25, 2017
I wish there was a way just to open everything with the mod. All scenes of all the pathes, I will figure out when scenes change what path it belongs. No interest to replay the same thing 20 times just to see a bit of difference.

Rogerericdu

Mar 31, 2019
my game freezes after one scene with my save, way back in update 8.1 so cheats are fucked because of the game creator even if you get past the initial detected modified files bs

Mr.Grim

Apr 28, 2019
I wish there was a way just to open everything with the mod. All scenes of all the pathes, I will figure out when scenes change what path it belongs. No interest to replay the same thing 20 times just to see a bit of difference.
I mean you can almost do it if you have all the variabals correct and use the haram mod. I say almost becuase the sex scene at the end become overlapt.

monk456

Apr 3, 2018
I don't know if it's a bug or if I'm doing something wrong, but I can't trigger the scenes with Quinn or Nicole/Lily at the end of the party even after disabling the main paths (I'm using the harem mod)

Mr.Grim

Apr 28, 2019
I don't know if it's a bug or if I'm doing something wrong, but I can't trigger the scenes with Quinn or Nicole/Lily at the end of the party even after disabling the main paths (I'm using the harem mod)
You have to disable the harem mod before talking to vinny and turn off all the girls that you can pick at the end of episode 8. And after that you can reactivte everything

Reactions: monk456

monk456

Apr 3, 2018
You have to disable the harem mod before talking to vinny and turn off all the girls that you can pick at the end of episode 8. And after that you can reactivte everything
Thanks! I assumed that I had to turn off the paths at a prior point, but knowing exactly when it's far better than to try at random points

Mr.Grim

Apr 28, 2019
Thanks! I assumed that I had to turn off the paths at a prior point, but knowing exactly when it's far better than to try at random points
Now that I have tested it more I don't think you even have to turn it off at Vinny just before you finnish Quinn and Tommy scene.

Lidaweeb

Dec 27, 2022
I just downloaded Scrappy's mod version 0.9.1 and the game version 0.9.1 and i chose Alone path in ep 8 so my question is : Am I gonna have any bugs or loops or is there something wrong may happen to the game in my situation ?? thanks in advance

Mr.Grim

Apr 28, 2019
I just downloaded Scrappy's mod version 0.9.1 and the game version 0.9.1 and i chose Alone path in ep 8 so my question is : Am I gonna have any bugs or loops or is there something wrong may happen to the game in my situation ?? thanks in advance
As long as you don't activade every path yeah but if you use the haram mod you won't have to worry about loops

4.70 star(s) 31 Votes