Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK Walkthrough+Cheat Mod [v0.10.1][scrappy]

4.70 star(s) 31 Votes

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
Hey guys.. sorry if I'm acting like a noob.. I did the unren, went to scripts/misc and deleted the two cheat detection files... then I copied just the 1badikch file to the game folder.. but I get a 'Parsing the script failed' message.. sorry again for my naiveity.. anybody know a solution? Thank you!
I tried using the 1BadikCh file after using unren and got a bunch of errors in the gallery and screens files under the game folder and some of the scripts folders.

No option to skip or reload into game.
you only need to put the file in game folder you dont need to unren the game, thats why you are both getting the error

Only4Youu

May 4, 2018
you only need to put the file in game folder you dont need to unren the game, thats why you are both getting the error
It doesn't work for me, only puting the file in game folder doesn't work, so I tried Unren, and it doesn't work either

dawda1

Apr 22, 2017
While we wait, is there any way we can cheat to unlock the full gallery? Like a console command or something. I know I can unren and look through the files but I'd rather do it in game if possible.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
.RPA are Ren'Py collections of scripts pics and vids used in the game.
To boot those resources out of there you need to use unRen and choose option 9.
The things that spill out of them .RPA need to stay in the game folder and .RPA need to be deleted.
There you wiil find what you seek, in them guts spilled inside the game folder.

But you need not do that. Just get the compressed version from Abhai and delete what you need
gone. Or just copy that file from this mod and use it in the original game.

If you want to play on version 0.4 then download the mod and place
only the file called "1Badikch" into Being A DIK\game folder

Reactions: Mikedazz1

TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
I've loaded the "cheat" file for game just fine and I can edit values, but in the actual game there are no cues to choice effects and my scores don't show or update in game (I can't see DIK choice impact for example for making nasty remark) so maybe I did something wrong. It just stays zero.

AL.d

Sep 26, 2016
Even when I use the .rpy instead of the whole mod, the game crashes at first math test. Which is ironic since those retarded math tests alongside the horrid fight mini-game are the reasons I started using the mod in the first place.

Reactions: botc76

HyperNinja7

Oct 10, 2017
Putting the file in the /game folder didn’t work for me in the end, don’t know why. But it doesn’t matter as the updated walkthrough mod is coming tomorrow I guess

Huisie

May 9, 2018
I had all kinds of trouble getting the patch to work in BaDIK 4.0 on my Windows PC.
I tried tthe 2 options mentioned here but neither worked:
  1. just extract "1BadikCh.rpy" from the mod and place it in the game folder (BeingADIK-0.4.0-pc\game)
  2. run UnRen.bat and choose option 9, then follow above instruction to install patch file

I suspect those for whom option 1 above worked, were working with previous saves.
As others reported, using option 2 just created a hot mess - I wasn't able to open the game, just got a bunch of errors.

So, for those starting from scratch and not using previous save games (and can't/don't want to wait for the full patch), I found the following worked for me:
  1. Extract fresh copy of Being A Dik to location of choice (natch)
  2. Place UnRen in Being a DIK folder ("BeingADIK-0.4.0-pc" on my PC), run UnRen and pick option 1
  3. Delete scripts.rpa file in "game" folder ("BeingADIK-0.4.0-pc\game")
  4. Go into "game\scripts\misc" folder and delete cheat_detection file(s) ("BeingADIK-0.4.0-pc\game\scripts\misc")
  5. Open your AppData folder: hit "Windows" key, type "%appdata%", hit Enter
  6. Go to "RenPy" folder and , if you have a Being A DIK folder ("BeingaDIK-1535311494" or similar), delete "persistent" save
  7. Extract the mod and place "1BadikCh.rpy" in the "game" folder ("BeingADIK-0.4.0-pc\game")

Last edited:
4.70 star(s) 31 Votes