Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK Walkthrough+Cheat Mod [v0.10.1][scrappy]

4.70 star(s) 31 Votes

WhatsGood420

Apr 17, 2018
How do I completely reset all of my save data for this game? I keep deleting and reinstalling (I may be missing a step because it doesn't feel like it's fully uninstalling) but it keeps loading back up to a full gallery and save files that I can load.

Deus Void

Aug 5, 2018
I noticed that the HELP button in the top right corner of the screen disappeared after talking to Riona. Any ideas?

Emaoz

Dec 19, 2017
why everytime i click on the cheat buttom i get an error and can't do anything but to roll back??

Deus Void

Aug 5, 2018
I'm not entirely sure how to get the Camila scene that is in ep 5. Any hints? The guide doesn't show it as an objective, only to talk to her in the bar.

wolveforgon

May 26, 2020
hello, i want to know does your mod works like the official walkthrough dlc in the steam version? from what i see in the screenshots on the OP it does look different, which it can also change the value of the stats and some other things.
i'm totally new here and i admit i haven't check some previous posts about this, so i just had to ask

WhatsGood420

Apr 17, 2018
Every time I open my phone after installing this mod I get this error any suggestions?:
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/scripts/freeroam/episode1/ep1_freeroam_home.rpy", line 91, in script
    $ result = ui.interact()
  File "game/scripts/freeroam/episode1/ep1_freeroam_home.rpy", line 91, in <module>
    $ result = ui.interact()
  File "game/scripts/phone/phone_menu.rpy", line 275, in execute
    screen phone_menu:
    screen phone_menu:
  File "game/scripts/phone/phone_menu.rpy", line 628, in execute
    if phone_call_enabled and not loopMansionMusic and not loopMorningMusic:
NameError: name 'loopMansionMusic' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    $ result = ui.interact()
  File "C:\Users\Alex\Documents\My Games\BeingADIK-0.4.2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 912, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\Alex\Documents\My Games\BeingADIK-0.4.2-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2004, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/scripts/freeroam/episode1/ep1_freeroam_home.rpy", line 91, in <module>
    $ result = ui.interact()
  File "C:\Users\Alex\Documents\My Games\BeingADIK-0.4.2-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 295, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Alex\Documents\My Games\BeingADIK-0.4.2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2699, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Alex\Documents\My Games\BeingADIK-0.4.2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3091, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "C:\Users\Alex\Documents\My Games\BeingADIK-0.4.2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback, seen)
  File "C:\Users\Alex\Documents\My Games\BeingADIK-0.4.2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
  File "C:\Users\Alex\Documents\My Games\BeingADIK-0.4.2-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 430, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "C:\Users\Alex\Documents\My Games\BeingADIK-0.4.2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3091, in <lambda>
  File "C:\Users\Alex\Documents\My Games\BeingADIK-0.4.2-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 440, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "C:\Users\Alex\Documents\My Games\BeingADIK-0.4.2-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 625, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
    screen phone_menu:
    screen phone_menu:
  File "<screen language>", line 628, in <module>

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320
Being a DIK 0.4.2
Sun Jun 07 18:23:52 2020

spammermail76

Sep 20, 2019
Any new update for the 5.0 Version? I tried installing this one, but the game crashes upon opening. I just realized it wasn't an updated version.

TrueZeus

Dec 1, 2017
You installed it wrong you have a "game" folder inside Being a DIK/game. Delete that one then check the installation in the OP
i'm with the same issue,
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
and i installed in the correct spot but keep having this error. :(
ps. sorry for the bad english.

@ edit: now i see my error XD sorry for that

Last edited:

CaptainTrinity3

Jun 8, 2020
Hi Scrappy,

I need a little help with the cheat mod. I'm on a mac. When I'm in the Ren'py folder, there's the Being a Dik folder. But it's called BeingaDik-1535311494 file and inside are only the saves which I have made and no original "game" folder. Game still functions properly. But after I put the "modded game" into the file, nothing happens. I also tried puttign the Beingadik folder into the "modded game" folder, but it only creates a new folder with the same name. Please help. Thanks.

WhatsGood420

Apr 17, 2018
Every time I open my phone after installing this mod I get this error any suggestions?:
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
    $ result = ui.interact()
    $ result = ui.interact()
    screen phone_menu:
    screen phone_menu:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    $ result = ui.interact()
  File "C:\Users\Alex\Documents\My Games\BeingADIK-0.4.2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 912, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\Alex\Documents\My Games\BeingADIK-0.4.2-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2004, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
    $ result = ui.interact()
  File "C:\Users\Alex\Documents\My Games\BeingADIK-0.4.2-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 295, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Alex\Documents\My Games\BeingADIK-0.4.2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2699, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Alex\Documents\My Games\BeingADIK-0.4.2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3091, in interact_core
  File "C:\Users\Alex\Documents\My Games\BeingADIK-0.4.2-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 430, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "C:\Users\Alex\Documents\My Games\BeingADIK-0.4.2-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3091, in <lambda>
  File "C:\Users\Alex\Documents\My Games\BeingADIK-0.4.2-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 440, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "C:\Users\Alex\Documents\My Games\BeingADIK-0.4.2-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 625, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
    screen phone_menu:
    screen phone_menu:
  File "<screen language>", line 628, in <module>

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320
Being a DIK 0.4.2
Sun Jun 07 18:23:52 2020

Any updates on this issue, it's still every time I open my phone and the only option is to rollback which clicks back to the main menu underneath the error code somehow, or to quit the game. I tried reinstalling the game completely and then moving the cheat folder into the main game folder again and it still gives this bug

4.70 star(s) 31 Votes