Mod Ren'Py Being a DIK Walkthrough+Cheat Mod [v0.10.1][scrappy]

4.70 star(s) 31 Votes

hchinaski

May 1, 2017
Hi scrappy thanks for being so quick with the mod. Just wanted to let you know that the Swyper interaction in the library gives me the following error message, when I played the game without it this didn't happen :)

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/season2/scripts/freeroam/episode6/ep6_freeroam_library.rpy", line 89, in script
    $ renpy.pause(2)
  File "game/season2/scripts/freeroam/episode6/ep6_freeroam_library.rpy", line 89, in <module>
    $ renpy.pause(2)
  File "game/season2/scripts/phone/swyper/chats/swyper_chat_catrin_s2.rpy", line 1, in execute
  File "game/season2/scripts/phone/swyper/chats/swyper_chat_catrin_s2.rpy", line 1, in execute
  File "game/season2/scripts/phone/swyper/chats/swyper_chat_catrin_s2.rpy", line 32, in execute
  File "game/season2/scripts/phone/swyper/chats/swyper_chat_catrin_s2.rpy", line 50, in execute
  File "game/season2/scripts/phone/swyper/chats/swyper_chat_catrin_s2.rpy", line 55, in execute
  File "game/season2/scripts/phone/swyper/chats/swyper_chat_catrin_s2.rpy", line 56, in execute
IndexError: list index out of range

MSNlover95

Sep 26, 2018
how enable cheats button in it the new version?? am got to it the second sims minigame and still never seeing cheats button in it the new version, cheats button only appear in the old contents starting it a new game..

i following install instruction exact, extract BaDIK_0.6_scrappyMod zip game folder into it the BeingADIK-0.6.0 folder

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

roam;)

Jul 29, 2020
Hello, am new here can anyone tell me when downloaded this mod update what will happen to my older version?

KeShane

Jun 3, 2020
how enable cheats button in it the new version?? am got to it the second sims minigame and still never seeing cheats button in it the new version, cheats button only appear in the old contents starting it a new game..

i following install instruction exact, extract BaDIK_0.6_scrappyMod zip game folder into it the BeingADIK-0.6.0 folder

I'm wondering the exact same thing, drpinkcake added a new button tho exactly the same area where the cheat button should be. wich is the map. but the cheat menu is nowhere to be found.

Reactions: MSNlover95

KeShane

Jun 3, 2020

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
I found a simple fix for it, it seems that scrappy hid it perhaps.
i opened the Splash.rpy file with notepad++

for my 2 issues, 1st was the cheat button. and 2nd was the quick menu with whatever i put in referrence it wasn't working.

On top i did the following:

label after_load:
hide screen cheats ------------- Changed hide into show
hide screen quick_menu ------ Changed hide into show
show screen quick_menu

so far no error. cheers! :)

Victoria Vix

Jan 8, 2020
Not sure if it is only with me, but when I follow Catrin chat there is a bug on the forth message I believe
Anyway, thanks Scrappy, you are a legend
yes, I can back this up, my answer's choices are choices that I used in previous conversations with Catrin and after the conversation the error appears and I have to close the game.

Edit: and I also didn't have this error without the mod. Good thing is the conversation actually ends there permanently either way so we could just avoid it at all until the mod is fixed

Edit 2: I also found a bug in another free roam (I think the 3rd one?). Whenever I try to message Josy, another error appears and it closes the game. I can call her (that call with both Josy and Maya regarding MC's birthday) but I can't text her. To be honest, I doubt you could even message her in this free roam. I mean, why would you be able to text her if you just called her? But I didn't check this out without the mod. If anyone could proof check this, I'd appreciate it.

Hope this helps, Scrappy.

Last edit: Both errors already been updated and are fully solved! Thanks scrappy!
Error.png

Last edited:

Akeymu

Jan 22, 2020
Hi scrappy thanks for being so quick with the mod. Just wanted to let you know that the Swyper interaction in the library gives me the following error message, when I played the game without it this didn't happen :)

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/season2/scripts/freeroam/episode6/ep6_freeroam_library.rpy", line 89, in script
    $ renpy.pause(2)
  File "game/season2/scripts/freeroam/episode6/ep6_freeroam_library.rpy", line 89, in <module>
    $ renpy.pause(2)
  File "game/season2/scripts/phone/swyper/chats/swyper_chat_catrin_s2.rpy", line 32, in execute
  File "game/season2/scripts/phone/swyper/chats/swyper_chat_catrin_s2.rpy", line 50, in execute
  File "game/season2/scripts/phone/swyper/chats/swyper_chat_catrin_s2.rpy", line 55, in execute
  File "game/season2/scripts/phone/swyper/chats/swyper_chat_catrin_s2.rpy", line 56, in execute
IndexError: list index out of range
Ya i got this issue to, it continuosly repeats, but when yout hit rollback it immediatly goes back to free roam, happenes abput the 3rd or 4th response in the swipe chat with catrin, kinda wanna see where it goes :( was waiting on the mod to play haha P.S. i am using the compressed version to, so not sure if compression or mod issue :/

Butts McGee

Jul 3, 2018
Yeah, the mod just straight up doesn't work for me, trying to open the cheat menu just gives me an error, and I'm not seeing any of the extra info next to dialogue choices. Big sad.

MSNlover95

Sep 26, 2018
I found a simple fix for it, it seems that scrappy hid it perhaps.
i opened the Splash.rpy file with notepad++

for my 2 issues, 1st was the cheat button. and 2nd was the quick menu with whatever i put in referrence it wasn't working.

On top i did the following:

label after_load:
hide screen cheats ------------- Changed hide into show
hide screen quick_menu ------ Changed hide into show
show screen quick_menu

so far no error. cheers! :)
thank you, these working and fixing it the mod :love:

Reactions: KeShane

KeShane

Jun 3, 2020
It's in the bottom right corner, barely visible though

Before doing my little fix, i was looking all over the screen.
Yes also the original location bottom right corner. couldn't see it at all.
pressing anywhere of that location didn't open it either.
beside that, the mod messed up the quick menu.
Without the mod it was there, with mod it wasn't.
Tried to readjust the option for that in refference.
didnt help either.

When i adjusted those 2 ''hide'' into ''show'' the buttons where as bright and clear as the stars in the night sky.
cheers!

KeShane

Jun 3, 2020
Yeah, the mod just straight up doesn't work for me, trying to open the cheat menu just gives me an error, and I'm not seeing any of the extra info next to dialogue choices. Big sad.
Fresh new download of BaDIK chapter 6 and adding this mod, would do it.
there is no way there would be issue's with this mod without doing that.
updating the old folder (wich may had been modded as well) will cause troubles.

as dr pinkcake mentionned his update patch will mess up the modded version of 5.x

Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020
I have a question. With this mod I choose to go on a date with Jill and later take care of Sage... both in the same save. Whats gonna happen next? XD

4.70 star(s) 31 Votes