4.30 star(s) 54 Votes

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
why was this game changed from sandbox to linear vn ? it seems to have lost a ton of content by doing that.

Niuul

Jun 25, 2022
why was this game changed from sandbox to linear vn ? it seems to have lost a ton of content by doing that.
I haven't played in awhile, but if it got changed to a standard VN from sandbox I can only imagine it was to make developing the game easier. I remember reading that the WT mod author even dropped their mod because of how often this Dev changed variables and coding each and every update.

Reactions: Grelk

tmu500

Apr 14, 2024
quick question, the walkthrough mod has not been updated for a while, does the game need WT mod?

Niuul

Jun 25, 2022
quick question, the walkthrough mod has not been updated for a while, does the game need WT mod?
It helps since there's a ton of variables for the dialog options and I think the harem routes depend on if each character likes you or not. I'd suggest using URM and UCD together. URM lets you modify variables, for XP and money pretty easily so you can gain all the powers. They add different scenes sometimes. While UCD puts the variable changes under the dialog options. There's a lot so some might go off screen, you can fix this by hitting A to bring up the Ren'Py settings screen and lowering text size a bit, then hitting reset after to put it back to default size.

Reactions: JohnJG and ^/30

tmu500

Apr 14, 2024
It helps since there's a ton of variables for the dialog options and I think the harem routes depend on if each character likes you or not. I'd suggest using URM and UCD together. URM lets you modify variables, for XP and money pretty easily so you can gain all the powers. They add different scenes sometimes. While UCD puts the variable changes under the dialog options. There's a lot so some might go off screen, you can fix this by hitting A to bring up the Ren'Py settings screen and lowering text size a bit, then hitting reset after to put it back to default size.
Based on your description, I hope dev built in a walkthrough or WT mod be updated.

Niuul

Jun 25, 2022
Based on your description, I hope dev built in a walkthrough or WT mod be updated.
Well, the variables changing all the time is the reason the WTmod dev dropped it. They said it got to be a pain in the ass to update lol. URM and UCD is the way to go. It looks complicated to use at first, but after getting the hang of it, you can use those 2 for any ren'py game.

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
Well, the variables changing all the time is the reason the WTmod dev dropped it. They said it got to be a pain in the ass to update lol. URM and UCD is the way to go. It looks complicated to use at first, but after getting the hang of it, you can use those 2 for any ren'py game.
URM already displays the variable changes for each choice. is UCD really that different ?

MiltonPowers

Forum Fanatic
Jul 26, 2023
URM already displays the variable changes for each choice. is UCD really that different ?
I'm curious too. What does UCD offer that URM doesn't already have?

Niuul

Jun 25, 2022
I'm curious too. What does UCD offer that URM doesn't already have?
More of a personal preference. Less clicking around on my end. UCD just puts the variables right there on the choices instead of having to open the URM menu then show code. Easier for me to see exactly what I gain or lose without having to open and close each dialog choice in URM, especially on a game like this. Then if i have to get in to the guts of the variables to modify something, I got URM.

Screenshot (839).png

MiltonPowers

Forum Fanatic
Jul 26, 2023
More of a personal preference. Less clicking around on my end. UCD just puts the variables right there on the choices instead of having to open the URM menu then show code. Easier for me to see exactly what I gain or lose without having to open and close each dialog choice in URM, especially on a game like this. Then if i have to get in to the guts of the variables to modify something, I got URM.

View attachment 3849192
Cool. Thanks for that. Something for me to think about. :)

Niuul

Jun 25, 2022
Is this game on hold? I played this version like 6 or 7 months ago
no. still being worked on. i think patreon mentioned something about .20 being close-ish to being done. Just remember that there's 2 versions, one for white MC and one for black MC so it takes a bit longer. That and the dev is only making 300-400 a month so it's not something they're gonna prioritize over their day job or family time.

Reactions: Rabonixxx

Rabonixxx

Apr 26, 2020
no. still being worked on. i think patreon mentioned something about .20 being close-ish to being done. Just remember that there's 2 versions, one for white MC and one for black MC so it takes a bit longer. That and the dev is only making 300-400 a month so it's not something they're gonna prioritize over their day job or family time.
Ah ok, thank you, didn´t know about that, it´s a shame honestly but it is what it is I suppose. (y)

walker188

Apr 30, 2017
If they want a black MC, I really really really wish they would just commit and make the MC black. Otherwise, make a white MC. Having to do twice the work to make half the game is killing BS. Moreover, this either/or bullshit doesn't make any sense. The MC's sister ISN'T EVEN BLACK!

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
If they want a black MC, I really really really wish they would just commit and make the MC black. Otherwise, make a white MC. Having to do twice the work to make half the game is killing BS. Moreover, this either/or bullshit doesn't make any sense. The MC's sister ISN'T EVEN BLACK!
I don't think you understand how 3d rendering works.
It is NOT twice the work.

Almost all the work is setting up the scene.
Then they click render.
Then they click to switch the player skin (outer mesh layer)
Then they click render a 2nd time.

It is actually highly plausible that they use a featureless mannequin or a literal skeleton when setting up the scene first. So they actually need to add a step to "switch on first skin".

Skeletal animation or rigging is a technique in in which a (or other articulated object) is represented in two parts: a polygonal or parametric mesh representation of the surface of the object, and a hierarchical set of interconnected parts (called joints or bones, and collectively forming the skeleton), a virtual used to animate (pose and keyframe) the mesh. While this technique is often used to animate humans and other organic figures, it only serves to make the animation process more intuitive, and the same technique can be used to control the deformation of any object—such as a door, a spoon, a building, or a galaxy. When the animated object is more general than, for example, a humanoid character, the set of "bones" may not be hierarchical or interconnected, but simply represent a higher-level description of the motion of the part of mesh it is influencing.

walker188

Apr 30, 2017
I don't think you understand how 3d rendering works.
It is NOT twice the work.

Almost all the work is setting up the scene.
Then they click render.
Then they click to switch the player skin (outer mesh layer)
Then they click render a 2nd time.

It is actually highly plausible that they use a featureless mannequin or a literal skeleton when setting up the scene first. So they actually need to add a step to "switch on first skin".

While I admit I was using a bit of hyperbole, the fact of the matter is it DOES take significantly more work to render a second set of images for the MC.

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
While I admit I was using a bit of hyperbole, the fact of the matter is it DOES take significantly more work to render a second set of images for the MC.
No, it does not take "significant" amounts of work.
It takes INsignificant amount of work.
As in, utterly trivial.
As in, less than 1% extra effort on the dev's part.

• Haha
Reactions: Master of Puppets

walker188

Apr 30, 2017
No, it does not take "significant" amounts of work.
It takes INsignificant amount of work.
As in, utterly trivial.
As in, less than 1% extra effort on the dev's part.
If that were true, then the two versions would release more or less simultaneously. They don't. Moreover, having the computer render a new image, even one that's already been framed and properly set up, still takes time and processing power. Which is why for example, minor variations of scenes (such as a LI being pregnant or not pregnant) are typically forgone or pushed to the end of a story to cut down on the workload.

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
If that were true, then the two versions would release more or less simultaneously. They don't. Moreover, having the computer render a new image, even one that's already been framed and properly set up, still takes time and processing power. Which is why for example, minor variations of scenes (such as a LI being pregnant or not pregnant) are typically forgone or pushed to the end of a story to cut down on the workload.
1. if it takes more than that, then dev is doing something wrong

2. you are correct about rendering time. But that is the computer working rather than a human working.

3. LI's being pregnant or not is different, because you don't just need to render the images, you also need to track variables and determine which image to display when.
Now, if the two different MCs were packages together into the same game with different file names and the dev had to write code on each scene to determine which to show, then it would be some extra work.
But he is actually releasing them as seperate packages. so presumably it uses the same file names. So it really is just re-rendering.

The fact dev is doing it as seperate releases is showing a level of competence and understanding. which suggests to me he is doing things right.
My guess is that the reason for the separate releases is because of the time it takes to re-render with the different skin.

Reactions: yoyomistro
4.30 star(s) 54 Votes