Best alternative to render DAZ without NVIDIA card (amd) ?

Torontota

Mar 2, 2018
Hi guys, so im would like to render things with DAZ but i don't have a nvidia card so it only take the cpu,

I installed Blender and the addon to import models on it, and the amd addon for rendering with my amd card on blender,

i can import it but the skin of my genesis 8 is obsolutly horrible, first it is totally white and then i have to change things in the shading tab

is there any other alternative for rendering with my gpu with daz ?

thanks for your time and take care !

Praisejesus

Aug 5, 2017
Learn how to UV map Daz models in blender or use a different program to produce 3D models

honeyselect

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
Use for any Daz/Iray export to Blender. You should start there.

Also recreation mentionned It takes the same road as Daz/Iray with an , based on smae model (metallic/roughness & specular/glossiness). Whatever you use you will have to "changes things in the shading tab" lol, but it should share of fair shake of similarity. Never used it, so not sure if it as good and versatile as Daz/Iray one, nor how how it is quality/performance wise, or if it's reliable or a buggy mess.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
You can also check out the new Filament viewport renderer

It's not as high quality as IRay, but it's damned near realtime. Also supports non-NVIDIA systems.

Reactions: mickydoo

Synx

Jul 30, 2018
Use for any Daz/Iray export to Blender. You should start there.

Also recreation mentionned It takes the same road as Daz/Iray with an , based on smae model (metallic/roughness & specular/glossiness). Whatever you use you will have to "changes things in the shading tab" lol, but it should share of fair shake of similarity. Never used it, so not sure if it as good and versatile as Daz/Iray one, nor how how it is quality/performance wise, or if it's reliable or a buggy mess.
Just use cycles really. As far as i know AMD cards work alright with cycles. It wont be as fast as with a nvidia card but the difference isnt that massive. Besides you could just render on the CPU with cycles since cycles is optmised for both (rendering on my 2080super is around 10-20% faster then rendering on my AMD 3700x CPU as example).

AMD pro render just seems terrible overall. Its barely faster then cycles with an AMD card but with worse quality.

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
Just use cycles really. As far as i know AMD cards work alright with cycles. It wont be as fast as with a nvidia card but the difference isnt that massive. Besides you could just render on the CPU with cycles since cycles is optmised for both (rendering on my 2080super is around 10-20% faster then rendering on my AMD 3700x CPU as example).

AMD pro render just seems terrible overall. Its barely faster then cycles with an AMD card but with worse quality.
Was more thinking about taking advantage of Pro Render uber-shader rather than pure performance. Could be great to see how far/close it get from Daz/Iray one, quality wise. Now that AMD users prefers Cycle is quite telling but I'm curious :geek:.