best engine for my based text game?

PurpleXstudio

Dec 21, 2017
Hi there, I'm a noob for developping video games but I want to create a management based text game with pics and sound (later on) kind of like Master of Raana/ Jack-o-nine-tail. I wanted to know the best engine (and easier if possible since I'm a beginner) to create my game.
I already wrote my story which I made a novel about it that I will post later on.

Sick&Alone

Aug 30, 2020
Depends what programming skills you have. Those R HTML games, ever tried that? (Renpy is also popular)
there's several mods 4 MoR [even doing 1 myself]
https://f95zone.to/search/236963470/?q=Master+of+Raana&o=relevance

If you plan to do a FULL GAME, NONE of them R extremely easy (or everyone would be doing it!) but studying Renpy or HTML, & them working on some modded games, is a good place to start.
HTML games use very few files, but Renpy is in general much easier to read.
Just remember: a *SPACE* /tab / or even single character "." out of place, can mess up a program!

PurpleXstudio

Dec 21, 2017
Depends what programming skills you have. Those R HTML games, ever tried that? (Renpy is also popular)
there's several mods 4 MoR [even doing 1 myself]
https://f95zone.to/search/236963470/?q=Master+of+Raana&o=relevance

If you plan to do a FULL GAME, NONE of them R extremely easy (or everyone would be doing it!) but studying Renpy or HTML, & them working on some modded games, is a good place to start.
HTML games use very few files, but Renpy is in general much easier to read.
Just remember: a *SPACE* /tab / or even single character "." out of place, can mess up a program!
(y)Thanks for the reply and advice, I had eyes on ren'py so I guess this is the one that I'm gonna start with.

Sick&Alone

Aug 30, 2020
Good luck! If you R serious, make sure you FINISH what you start! Lots of devs---& games--- that got abandoned & never went anywhere. Once people start giving you a bad rep, it'll be hard to overcome.
I'd try something short----maybe a kinetic novel or something with<10 "choices."
*** 1) STORY 1st (including choices) [pays to *PLAN* this out, just like an outline for a school report!]
2) Graphics (many have someone else do this part)
3) Regular updates if you expect people to support you.

Don't worry about anything fancy (eg, animations, etc) [can do that on 2nd or 3rd project]
Get mult accounts best people have Patreon, Discord, etc; you'll get a wider audience + be more likely to get some followers.

Reactions: PurpleXstudio

Sick&Alone

Aug 30, 2020
PS this is *STILL* 1 of the *BEST* VN stories I've ever read! (game was good too, but all starts w a GOOD STORY!)
if you haven't read this one, PLEASE DO. u don't have to like everything, but if you can follow/learn from his 1) STORY & 2) CHOICES, you'll be off to a good start, & heads & tails above many many other dev who, quite frankly, don't have a CLUE!

PurpleXstudio

Dec 21, 2017
Good luck! If you R serious, make sure you FINISH what you start! Lots of devs---& games--- that got abandoned & never went anywhere. Once people start giving you a bad rep, it'll be hard to overcome.
I'd try something short----maybe a kinetic novel or something with<10 "choices."
*** 1) STORY 1st (including choices) [pays to *PLAN* this out, just like an outline for a school report!]
2) Graphics (many have someone else do this part)
3) Regular updates if you expect people to support you.

Don't worry about anything fancy (eg, animations, etc) [can do that on 2nd or 3rd project]
Get mult accounts best people have Patreon, Discord, etc; you'll get a wider audience + be more likely to get some followers.
That's very true which is why I planned on doing severals mini-games first, to familiarize myself with the engine and programming before launching my big project Lust City, which will kind of be like a universe of multiple projects (Novels, webtoon and games) if everything goes alright.

And Thanks again for the recommendation, I will check on it.

Sick&Alone

Aug 30, 2020
if you get good @ it, some have even make it into full time job! Depends on how many people you hire & what you pay, but I've seen some making over $50k/ year! no joke!
It's very time intensive & a LOT of work though.

PurpleXstudio

Dec 21, 2017
Well hopefully one day I get to this point then lol. But even if I don't I primarily did it because I wanted to since there's no better enjoyment than your own creation

Sick&Alone

Aug 30, 2020
If it interests you, Go 4 it! Just understand, Programming & Writing (in general) is *VERY* time consuming, can b frustrating, etc.
Make sure take time off when you need to.