Daz Best lighting for close-up sex scenes?

lawfullame

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2019
What lighting do you use for close-up sex scenes?
So far, it works best for me to use the main room lighting, usually some ghost light, and add one spot lighting directly to the camera view. I turn the spotlight gemetry into a rectangle to soften the shadows, increase the size a little, extend the angle to cover the entire camera view.

Do you use a similar approach or does something else work better for you?

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
No, that sounds pretty good. That is my general pattern overall - a ghost light or two to add general "fill light" in room interiors, then rectangular spotlights (usually 30x30 or 50x50) to highlight the focal points in the scene. I don't usually have to fiddle with the angle of the spotlights, as I usually have them back a ways from the items they're illuminating, but, of course, it all depends on the scene.

Reactions: rebirth3rd

lawfullame

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2019
No, that sounds pretty good. That is my general pattern overall - a ghost light or two to add general "fill light" in room interiors, then rectangular spotlights (usually 30x30 or 50x50) to highlight the focal points in the scene. I don't usually have to fiddle with the angle of the spotlights, as I usually have them back a ways from the items they're illuminating, but, of course, it all depends on the scene.
In scenes from a distance, I sometimes play with the angle of light. But for close-up scenes, light works best for me from a camera perspective.

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
In scenes from a distance, I sometimes play with the angle of light. But for close-up scenes, light works best for me from a camera perspective.
Different people, different techniques. As long as you find something that works for you.

lawfullame

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2019
Different people, different techniques. As long as you find something that works for you.
Certainly. That's why I ask others' opinions because I've only have a few months experience with DaZ.